1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dreamwood Glow

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by oddjobold, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

Hahaha yeah I am pretty sure that the maker is magic and reads mind because I hadn't even told him I was worried about the vapor being to hot for me but now I got to test both short stem and long stem IN THE SAME STEM!!!

Wondering if your going to meet up with him in person and if you could give him a hug from me?
    Like seriously could you give him a big bear hug from me?

This is also made from a Swedish oak I found at my friend's newly bought farm that had a 200-300 year old wood workshop in it and that was one of the oak slaps from there but probably not that old

I am so glad it turned good and he could work on it because it's been a dream of mine to find local wood and make or get a vape made out it

Trying to figure out a name for it because it's my little baby!

paehtod, Megaton and wisausnk like this.
  2. wisausnk

wisausnk Well-Known Member

We will meet up at some point so a hug will be delivered, I watched the making of that one that's why I recognized the mouthpiece, and now I know the story behind thx for that

3. Hjalmark

Thanks man I really appreciate it!

Anyone here going spannabis next spring?

paehtod and wisausnk like this.
  4. Hjalmark

Now I vape couple of bowls from it both dry and through water and its been a fantastic experience, first bowl in the two-part stem and I had to go lay down but also been on a forced break (dankrupt) but was really surprised how even the roasting was on the herb!

Today I will enjoy the portability of it
    [​IMG]

VGOODIEZ, Megaton and wisausnk like this.
  5. Status CBD

Status CBD Well-Known Member

Just got a Purple Heart Glow18. The one without the pods. I have a VooPoo Drag mod laying around to use. Still trying to dial it in. Does anyone else use this mod and can give me some pointers? I’d like to try and setup the TCR mode on it to try out also. Thanks

paehtod and wisausnk like this.
  6. VGOODIEZ

VGOODIEZ Retailer

For now put it around 40-45W and you can worry about temp control later. I'm pretty sure you are going to need to change the coils as well.

paehtod likes this.
  7. wisausnk

The glow is designed to work with Wattage mode, I would not suggest TC or any other mode. As @VGOODIEZ said, start at 43 watts and get some routine.

paehtod and VGOODIEZ like this.
  8. Status CBD

Status CBD Well-Known Member

Ok. I’ll up the wattage. I’ve been using it around 35 with good results. Why should I change the coils? It’s hardly used yet.

9. wisausnk

If you like to use temperature control you need to change thet they are kanthal coils and tv needs stainless steel, if you have good results at 35 you can stay ther get your own routine how you like it.

VGOODIEZ likes this.
  10. VGOODIEZ

VGOODIEZ Retailer

And to piggyback off Wis the SS coils have a tendency to oxidize and break down. When that happens it seems to me you are vaping stainless steel. No thank you!

wisausnk likes this.
  11. wisausnk

Troy did a great video on the dreamwood Vapes
    Click to play YouTube Video

Hjalmark, abhirupk, paehtod and 2 others like this.
  12. Megaton

Megaton Well-Known Member

Got my new glow 18 directly from dreamwood, they even chucked in a free long cooling stem which is the business!

Had a good few sessions on it running at 40w, had best results with a short xl8r cooling stem I already had and with a tubo capsule stem which worked really well. The Jack pods are good but I guess they will need a bit more power than 40w to fully extract.

I love how the short wood stem looks, but it's just that bit too harsh to be enjoyable for me. Would love a spiked glass insert to line it like the tubo stems, that would take it to a whole 'nother level!

Hjalmark, paehtod, KeroZen and 3 others like this.
  13. wisausnk

Nice to hear, the 18 is a beat for the pods they work also with 40w you just need a few draws to get them at temperature

Hjalmark, paehtod and Megaton like this.
  14. Megaton

Does anyone know what the inner diameter of the glow v2 pod stem is? I am going to try and find some glass tubing small enough to fit as a liner :D

Hjalmark and blokenoname like this.
  15. wisausnk

Should be 8mm

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Hjalmark, blokenoname and Megaton like this.
  16. blokenoname

blokenoname DIY Log Maker

Perfect! There are readily available 8mm boro glass straws, that can be easily cut to the fitting length :)

Hjalmark and Megaton like this.
  17. Megaton

Thank you mate!

Hjalmark likes this.
  18. wisausnk

GlowRCV18 shorty Kingswood just a pleasure to watch..
    [​IMG]

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors