Dreamwood Glow

CountVapeula

i want to build my own coils, just like the standard ones. exactly what kind of kanthal wire do i need? there are so many options.

CountVapeula,
Reactions: Hjalmark

wisausnk

Yeah it is made that way to keep the glow small so the joint sticks a bit out but it should hold tight

wisausnk,

Sativapo

I also prefer the shorter stems, with my other 510 device too where I have exactly the same stem in long and short versions. I feel I control the vaporisation with more precision. I also decided I don't like beads that trap gunk and restrict the airflow. I prefer inhaling a bit of fresh air in the end of the draw if it's too harsh before expiring.Dreamwood cooling stems are quite nice though, better than beads.

Last edited:

wisausnk

Yeah the short mouthpieces let me control the vapor way better and I just enjoy the throat kick as I call it from the combustion times way way back. And it makes the glow even more portable . I also like the cooling mouthpiece but came to the point where I mostly use the wooden one.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Been looking around for stems that I will use for my future purchase glow, just had this idea about buying a 18mm dab nail and if needed to drill out thick part if its too small for the bowl, then make a hollowed wooden dowl for the other side so my lips have a nice cool place to be placed, but my idea was mostly for a "unbreakable" cooling stem that had "fins" to dissapied the heat
rBVaI1hGfIqAEYraAALAQCBgkgc173.jpg

But also realized that these are the best deal because two cooling pieces for the price of one :clap: as long as your willing to machine the metal part :razz:
https://m.dhgate.com/product/mini-n...-14mm/394013814.html#s1-16-1;searl|4026645941

wisausnk

Been looking around for stems that I will use for my future purchase glow, just had this idea about buying a 18mm dab nail and if needed to drill out thick part if its too small for the bowl, then make a hollowed wooden dowl for the other side so my lips have a nice cool place to be placed, but my idea was mostly for a "unbreakable" cooling stem that had "fins" to dissapied the heat
rBVaI1hGfIqAEYraAALAQCBgkgc173.jpg

But also realized that these are the best deal because two cooling pieces for the price of one :clap: as long as your willing to machine the metal part :razz:
https://m.dhgate.com/product/mini-n...-14mm/394013814.html#s1-16-1;searl|4026645941
If you get the 14mm version there is nothing you have to change you just use the 18/14 bong adapter that's included with the glow

wisausnk,

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
If you get the 14mm version there is nothing you have to change you just use the 18/14 bong adapter that's included with the glow
Yeah I been wanting the 14mm but want dosing capsules but now with seeing your new model 14mm I think I ask dreamwood if I can buy that, but also calmy waiting for him to sell the mesh dosing capsules.

But pretty sure I will use my wooden 510 drip tip on the dosing capsules even if I need to drill out the hole a bit.... Just don't have the throat control that you have :brow: need the extra cooling

Hjalmark,

wisausnk

Yeah I love my I call it glowPOD so much it's just the perfect fit for me, ask him maybe he has some special glowPOD left to sell, he made a few of em but they will not be a regular sell. The wooden mouthpiece will fit the 14mm piece just fine.

wisausnk,

DogBoy

know fear
...thanks for the shout out @ the Splinter thread, wisausnk...

...it looks like I will be a Glow14 owner today...

...my only question at this point...should I have bought the '18...?!?...

...the seller seems to want me to send it back...methinks he could have played me better...

...it would have been pretty easy to convince me I needed both... .!.:D.!.

wisausnk

So you did send your 14 back to exchange for an 18 do I get it right? Did you buy it directly thru greendream?

If you ask me I'm more into the 18 if it comes in comparison to functionality, the 18 has options for an big bowl mouthpiece, a jackpod (capsules) mouthpiece for capsule use. But there are also many 14 and 18 owners that prefer there 14 because of the small footprint and the bowl in the cover not in the mouthpiece. If it comes to the efficiency both glow models work the same and deliver the same experience.

wisausnk,

DogBoy

know fear
...no, but I will in the future...I was trying to acquire this unit in an exchange for a Splinter but that went south...

...my '14 has just arrived and it is awesome looking...it fits my mod better than the Splinter too...

...there were none quite like this one in Germany...

...I was gravitating twords the 18 for the very reasons you stated but I wanted it to be truly portable and I liked the Idea of loading the base...

...plus I just liked this one...it is a very nice match for my old school Snow Wolf 85TC mod...

...you could tell me more reasons why I should have a Glow 18...but unless it's decective, no way I am sending this '14 back...

...IMHO it makes the Splinter look like a Tootsie Roll...none of the glass was broken and the 14mm bong fitting fits like it was made for it...

...I just noticed this thing calls for a 30 amp battery...I have a Samsung 30Q which is 20 amps...

...will that fuk anything up...???...will the battery explode...!?!...so far it is very Splinter-like...

...at this point (1st bowl) I am already noting that the Glow seems to bake much more evenly than the Splinter and that I like having the load in the base...the heater does seem more powerful and it is certainly not cooler than the Splinter...one needs to be carful...

...I will surely be ordering a cooling mouthpiece from Germany today...

...that said, no evidence of combustion so far...none...that happened right off the bat with my Splinter...

...I am already getting some little clouds...I am impressed with the flavors, considering the wood...

...I am thinking of loading the two glass stems as cartrdiges for travel...

Last edited by a moderator:

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
...the seller seems to want me to send it back...methinks he could have played me better...

...it would have been pretty easy to convince me I needed both... .!.:D.!.

Please don't get into this here. As a retailer I have to be careful what is said but if untruths are told here I am not going to hesitate to correct it. I will go no further at this point but it's clear by these statements you are leaving pertinent information out. Let's let our business be our business here and stick to discussion about the unit itself.

Last edited:
VGOODIEZ,

wisausnk

I'm happy to see that you like the 14, just play with the W, the battery should be fine in a regulated mod i wouldn't use it with an unregulated one. Suggestion are the Sony vt5 vt6 and lg hg2.

For big clouds I would suggest 43-45 watts and try your way up for taste start with 35

wisausnk,

DogBoy

know fear
...thanks...I figgered that out by at the end of Bowl #2...great minds n' shit...LoL...

...in practice the bowl in body feature isn't as helpful/different as I though it might be...

...either way, you end up holding two things, or putting something down...

...the Glow does seem to heat up faster than the Splinter but not in the good way...

...I got impatient at one point waiting on it to cool down some...

...this would happen with the Splinter too, but it seems a bit more pronounced in the Glow14 I have...

...over all my Glow experience has been much better than the Splinter Experience, which apparently I am still experiencing...

...I don't know if this is because of the things I learned using the Splinter, or because of the inherit qualities of the Glow, but the Glow does seem to vape the weed more evenly with no noticeable hot spots, and I have not combusted at all...

...I understand that is because this is a well tuned Glow with new coils...if they don't burn out in a week the Glow might put the Splinter on the endangered species list, if the producer doesn't manage it...

...I do wonder if I will ever get it tuned like this again...

...the nature of the coil heaters are what originally put me off and caused me to buy the Splinter...

...I will add that I received an especially nice specimen, indeed the very one illustrated...

...limited edition Makassar...I really couldn't be more pleased with it...

...one feature I am liking is the adjustable air flow, although I am just running it wide open...

...everything aboot this devise is sooo freekin'….German...the mouth piece fits my 14mm glass like it was made for it...

...it was almost certainly inspired by the Splinter, IMHO...

...it certainly made me happy...

Last edited:

wisausnk

The coils will hold up very well I didn't change mine for at least 6-8 months and then only to try new I never had coils brake on me.

If you place an new order look to get the twisted mixed ss coils they are a little bit of game changer

wisausnk,

DogBoy

know fear
...I has noticed the new V2 stems, I do believe what you just said, and was thinkin' I should have bought an '18, so I did...

20190630-191451_2048x2048.jpg

...there didn't seem to be any like this in Germany but that was ok...

...I can't say this one looks much better than a Splinter...

...in retrospect I find attendant irony in me comparing the Splinter to a Tootsie Roll...

...I guess "V2" just means it comes with the new V2 cartridge stem...

...I wonder how many of these are left...

...I like the the '14 I have so much, I almost didn't buy it, but I like the '14 I have so much, I did buy it...

Last edited:

wisausnk

V2 mostly means the mouthpiece has a oring to hold in place without the tight wood on wood fit before. I think this capsule mp is still sold separately but I'm not sure now, if you didn't already buy it ask before buy.

Is it purple heart or rosewood?

wisausnk,
Top Bottom