• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Dragon Lite Portable

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Today, I snapped open one of the defective units to see what's inside. This thing is so simple that being made in China, there is no way that it could cost more than $2 to make. Not that there is anything wrong with that. if someone can make a low cost unit that works well and allows him to make a nice profit, then more power to him. But claiming to give a lifetime warranty on a unit that has an obvious design defect which is sure to eventually fail, when all you really intend to do is sell them another unit at ANOTHER substantial profit is reprehensible. Therefore, I would not recommend that anyone else buy one of these units or do business with their company until they publicly announce that they have cured the defect with the screen and clarify that they will charge something closer to true shipping charges to process a warranty.

The screen isn't designed to be poked/prodded/stirred. That's why MF specifically recommends you do not do this with the LB.

The Dragon Lite is a cheap ripoff of the MFLB, one of the most popular devices out there. The LB has a true lifetime warranty for anything that makes it stop working except deliberate damage. I don't know the full terms of the Dragon Lite nor do I really care to. What I do know is that recently, I had to add this warning to the first post in this thread:

mod note: Someone from this company made an account and posted in the MFLB thread attacking the LB and pumping up this knockoff. He has been banned and his posts deleted. Please take this into account if you are considering this blatant ripoff.

sharkster, thanks for posting your story. While kingofnull is right about the LB screen, your description of how the Dragon Lite is constructed leaves me with little doubt that it was likely to fail no matter how delicately you treated it.

pakalolo,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
That was almost my same story with the same asshole pulling the same shit when I tried to warranty mine! He finally caved and shipped me one for free. It also broke shortly there after and I tossed it rather than going through that bullshit again!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Doug

Just passing time
I got one of these and it worked great for a couple of months. The screen started coming out, so I asked for the warrantee replacement. After the standard ridiculous charge, it was sent. The new one was defective as well but still produced good vapor. I have pretty much stopped using them at this point. I rarely need it and my OPHO fills my on the good needs now.

Over all, I would not recommend.

Doug,
i like that fact it heats up instantly but i had this thing for a month an now that glowing thing is hardly working...its a bitch havin to keep twisting the battery around..its about to become garbage ...im waiting for the ascent to come out and i got an lsv on order... till then i gota suffer an combust:(

VaPe iT tHeN bAkE iT,
Reactions: ataxian

kush1

Alright guys, i ordered a Dragon Lite Vape last week and it just arrived in the mail, im in the process of grinding up my purple kush to test it out, and im making a video of the first use. I will post the video here ASAP!

kush1,

hoptimum

Alright guys, i ordered a Dragon Lite Vape last week and it just arrived in the mail, im in the process of grinding up my purple kush to test it out, and im making a video of the first use. I will post the video here ASAP!

why does everyone say this vape sucks so bad?

hoptimum,

Tweek

why does everyone say this vape sucks so bad?

I think pak sums it up pretty nicely.

The Dragon Lite is a cheap ripoff of the MFLB, one of the most popular devices out there. The LB has a true lifetime warranty for anything that makes it stop working except deliberate damage. I don't know the full terms of the Dragon Lite nor do I really care to. What I do know is that recently, I had to add this warning to the first post in this thread:

mod note: Someone from this company made an account and posted in the MFLB thread attacking the LB and pumping up this knockoff. He has been banned and his posts deleted. Please take this into account if you are considering this blatant ripoff.

sharkster, thanks for posting your story. While kingofnull is right about the LB screen, your description of how the Dragon Lite is constructed leaves me with little doubt that it was likely to fail no matter how delicately you treated it.

Just a cheap knockoff that breaks easily and has what appears to be a dodgy warranty. Give your money to the honest folks who care about quality!

Sonics420

Saw this at my local headshop also, cant believe the dude tried to sell me it.. I was like that is ugly and its a knock off bro.
and wowwwwwww $16 isnt exactly a lifetime warranty..
Same scam that atmos pulls, 1 yr warranty on ur battery but hey its $25 for processing!

kush1

LOOL, man it was so cheap i thought id give it a go... but anyways so far its pissing me off and i haven't even used it yet because it doesn't take normal batteries, you need nimh 2000 rechargeables, i had no idea. Batteries are charging now, hopefully this thing will work and il put up the vid asap tonight.

kush1,

Tweek

LOOL, man it was so cheap i thought id give it a go... but anyways so far its pissing me off and i haven't even used it yet because it doesn't take normal batteries, you need nimh 2000 rechargeables, i had no idea. Batteries are charging now, hopefully this thing will work and il put up the vid asap tonight.

On the bright side, you can always use it to wedge up a couch or table that might be wobbly.

kush1

Filmed the vid, uploading live to youtube... the thing gave me like 2 good hits and then the batteries died right after the vid, dont think i charged them long enough... il post right back with the link.

kush1,

hoptimum

Filmed the vid, uploading live to youtube... the thing gave me like 2 good hits and then the batteries died right after the vid, dont think i charged them long enough... il post right back with the link.

Maybe da dragon lite ate your batts

hoptimum,

Tweek

All teasing aside, thanks for the vid :tup: Appreciate the efforts. If you can save up just a little bit more, you will have access to some way better vapes that will last you alot longer. When on sale, the Hammer has gone as low as $100 and the FlashVape is $129.99 for the basic package. A little bit more and you can get the REAL MFLB...a real treat to use.

Tweek,

kush1

All teasing aside, thanks for the vid :tup: Appreciate the efforts. If you can save up just a little bit more, you will have access to some way better vapes that will last you alot longer. When on sale, the Hammer has gone as low as $100 and the FlashVape is $129.99 for the basic package. A little bit more and you can get the REAL MFLB...a real treat to use.
Ya man, defenetly going to upgrade to something better, would be nice to get something I can vape a bunch of friends on...

kush1,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

Sounds good mate. Takes a bit of time to find something you like, and even then, there is no one size fits all. You don't have to break the bank for good quality though, so feel free to ask around for opinions, etc and we can try and help you save your money and walk away satisfied. :nod:

Just remember: Cheap shit always ends up costing you more in the end, cause you will more than likely have to buy twice (or three or four times).

Tweek,

lwien

Being that you are an infoholic, as I am, you may want to read this thread from the bottom up. It may give you a little insight as to why I feel the way i do about the Dragon..........that is, if you care, but either way, it is a very informative thread.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Razor

An authority on log vapes? I'm not an authority on anything unless you count the authority I have over giant nugs (:

Someone wanted a diagram and that's as close as I've come across. Not endorsing anything ever at all.

Top Bottom