• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Dragon Lite Portable

golem

Seems that it's a pain to contact the warranty, I've been sending 2 mails already to no avail> the screen is coming off on one side. Except for that I like it> if I find a way to get it fixed I'll invest in some 2700 batteries

golem,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
It took me aeveral emails but once I got in contact with them finally it went smooth.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

golem

OK, I'll just keep trying cause I'm getting used to that little machine, it's working well. With some 2700 + fast charger it should be alright.

@Vaped&confused : you seem to be pretty knowledgeable , is there a portable vaporizer that you recommend ?(except for the pax, I love it but it's out of budget for the moment)

golem,
Reactions: Doug

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
OK, I'll just keep trying cause I'm getting used to that little machine, it's working well. With some 2700 + fast charger it should be alright.

@Vaped&confused : you seem to be pretty knowledgeable , is there a portable vaporizer that you recommend ?(except for the pax, I love it but it's out of budget for the moment)
As far as portables go you kinda get what u pay for. I know the pax is expensive but it's worth it. But if I were u I'd start saving my money now and keep an eye on the DaVinci ascent. This thing looks like it could possibly be the kIng of the portables. By time it's out you might have enough saved.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

golem

I'm not to fond of the battery system on the DL or MFLB, that's why I'd like to steer from that type of portable vape, I'd rather a USB chargeable Vape. As pointed before, my DL gives me nice vapor clouds no problem there, I'm satisfied with that, I'm just shopping around for something with longer battery power/ that doesn't need lengthy recharging sessions. It's the major drawback for me to the MFLB and it's the reason why I don't buy it even though it looks really appealing . I know it's not the place to discuss this and I'll take this discussion to the appropriate thread but what do you guys think of the Puffit in those matters?

golem,

lookhigh

FC member
I'm not to fond of the battery system on the DL or MFLB, that's why I'd like to steer from that type of portable vape, I'd rather a USB chargeable Vape. As pointed before, my DL gives me nice vapor clouds no problem there, I'm satisfied with that, I'm just shopping around for something with longer battery power/ that doesn't need lengthy recharging sessions. It's the major drawback for me to the MFLB and it's the reason why I don't buy it even though it looks really appealing . I know it's not the place to discuss this and I'll take this discussion to the appropriate thread but what do you guys think of the Puffit in those matters?
The MFLB and indeed the DL are well outdated now and not that easy to use for some people. Have a look at the Inhalater or look at the new Davincy Ascend which looks impressive.

lookhigh,

lwien

Considering the size, the price, the simplicity of design, the warranty and the overall stealthiness of the MFLB, I would hardly consider it outdated.

lookhigh

FC member
Maybe outdated was the wrong word to use, surpassed by technology sounds more accurate.

lookhigh,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
The MFLB and indeed the DL are well outdated now and not that easy to use for some people. Have a look at the Inhalater or look at the new Davincy Ascend which looks impressive.

Outdated? You do realize its the longest running and popular thread on this forum, right?

The Cloud, will be yesterday's news and the MFLB thread, will be going strong.

Want a real cheap and EASY alternative to a proprietary USB charging system? Buy more batteries on Amazon, for (4) $14. Then just keep them in your pocket.

I haven't EVER run out of battery power and I've used my MFLB for more 5+ person vape session, than anyone I know.

Surpassed by technology is a poor choice to. I remember when the Pax, DaVinci, that little plastic box looking thing, came out. ALL were supposed to supplant the MFLB, as king of the portable hill. Even the Pax, is starting to suck wind. Technology, doesn't trump brilliant engineering, no matter how old it is.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: lwien

golem

OK so it seems that I'm going to get the MFLB anyway. I finally got a mail from the dragon lite warranty : it was just an invoice for 16 dollars, not an explanation or a word about that sum. So basically I'm just going to wait for my DL to pass then I'll just get the combo MFLB/power adapter/ water pipe adapter and that will be the most versatile/reliable setup that I can think of. Thank you everybody

golem,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Mflb is tried and true but you can do better for the money you'll spend on it, the water pipe adapter, and the power adapter. I'd look around a bit.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

golem

That's the problem, I've been looking around but there is nothing that compares in durability/price/warranty etc . If you have any hints of what to look for, please tell me

golem,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well how much does a mflb come out to total with the accessories you want?

You're overlooking one BIG thing.

How much is a lifetime NEW replacement warranty worth?

So far for me, its been worth 3 new boxes... yet, I only paid for 1. (The breakages were my fault and not because of build quality... just me being stupid and fumble fingers)

BigDaddyVapor,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
You're overlooking one BIG thing.

How much is a lifetime NEW replacement warranty worth?

So far for me, its been worth 3 new boxes... yet, I only paid for 1. (The breakages were my fault and not because of build quality... just me being stupid and fumble fingers)
Yeah but something like a pax has 10 years. I'd personally sit on my money until we see some vids and a price point and release date for the ascent! But that's just me. I know what it's like wanting a portable vape really really bad! (atmos raw) and I know what it's like to be very let down after hastily buying that portable vape! (again.. Atmos raw)

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Yet, the Pax isn't nearly as reliable, it has a thick milkshake pull and is already tumbling off, peoples' radars. Another flavor of the month, going bye-bye. See... you're already on about the Ascent? I can guarantee you, that little sucker is going to cost a LOT more than a MFLB. More bells and whistles? More stuff to break and/or not work properly, or be out of tolerances.

Pax's 10 year warranty? From a Chinese company? Hey, I've got a bridge. ;)

Does it cover, dropping your Pax in a pile of your drunken poop and being too sickened, after cleaning it, to even attempt using it? Will Pax send a replacement for that?

How about, if you keep dropping it and breaking a particular part, at least 3 times? Would they replace the first user breakage? How about the 2nd and 3rd times?

Every example there, is a true story and MF honored the warranty for every one of them. The first poop story, isn't me though. It was a pretty funny time, in the MFLB thread though.

How often is the DaVinci and/or Pax manufacturers on this site?

Please, don't take all this the wrong way. I'm just setting the record straight. When figuring in cost... you have to weigh the MFLB warranty on a whole different level. Its basically, a brand new replacement whenever you want one (though, I highly discourage that... I'm still using another box I broke/dropped. yes, I need a wrist/neck strap).

It is a more than capable vape. Anyone that's been around and spent any time in the MFLB thread has seen my videos and knows, the rumors of it being a sub-vape, or a beginner-vape... just aren't true. In fact, if anything... it takes practicing the art of using it.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: b0

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I never said the mflb was anything less than a great vape. He asked about portable options so I threw a couple his way. Settle down! I've owned one and loved it. Then I found better ones. You can keep driving that reliable old VW bug but I'll drive my corvette that requires a little more maintenance. To each their own.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Why are you taking my response that way? Settle down?

I'm not mad at anyone, nor worked up. I really can't afford healthwise, to be excited. You're offering up information... So am I.

BigDaddyVapor,

sharkster

I bought 7 DragonLites around Christmas time to give out as gifts and to treat myself to a portable vape. I purchased the batteries and chargers separately and price wise, it worked out great. Or so i thought, at first.
After using them for a few weeks, my friends and I were all very satisfied with the performance of the units. They really do hit nice once you get the hang of how to use them correctly. Then, 2 out of the 7 units had the screens fail. It seems as though the design only uses just enough screen to sit under the gasket that they use to hold it in place. Anyone who vapes knows that the trick to getting the most out of your herb and keeping it hitting nice is that you have to grind it fine, then stir the bowl and break the herb up even finer after each few hits.
Even this expected, delicate repeated pressure on the screen is too much for the poor design to handle, and the screen separates from the unit. No big deal, or so I thought at first, since it comes with a lifetime warranty. i figured that after having a good percentage of these things come back for warranty, the manufacturer would simply put excess screen past the gasket going forward, and the design flaw would be corrected. Only a small inconvenience for me, as I'd just be out of a vape for a week or so until a new one was shipped, right? Well, NO.
I follow the warranty directions by tearing out the screen, carving my name in the cover, and emailing a pic of the modified unit to the manufacturer. After about a week, I get a return email approving the warranty, and a PayPal invoice for $16 to ship it to me. Here's the problem... that's damn close to what I paid for the base units each for buying 7 at once. So I reply to the manufacturer telling him this and trying to reason with him to charge me $6, which will MORE than cover economy shipping of a little unit like this. Instead of working with me, he gets all pissed off that people are selling his units so cheap and tells me he'll only work with me if I tell him where I bought the units at that price. Of course, I refuse to give my seller up to him, as it's none of his business, and this manufacturer obviously knows what price he wholesales these things out to his dealers at, so he already knows that the price I paid is fair and reasonable, and that his "warranty" isn't a warranty at all. What he's doing is trying to sell me the same unit twice. After some back and forth, the guy stops answering my emails, leaving me with 2 useless units.
Today, I snapped open one of the defective units to see what's inside. This thing is so simple that being made in China, there is no way that it could cost more than $2 to make. Not that there is anything wrong with that. if someone can make a low cost unit that works well and allows him to make a nice profit, then more power to him. But claiming to give a lifetime warranty on a unit that has an obvious design defect which is sure to eventually fail, when all you really intend to do is sell them another unit at ANOTHER substantial profit is reprehensible. Therefore, I would not recommend that anyone else buy one of these units or do business with their company until they publicly announce that they have cured the defect with the screen and clarify that they will charge something closer to true shipping charges to process a warranty.

sharkster,
Reactions: Doug

scottio19

scotty
A friend in my dorm has this vape. It looks like a purple POS compared to my MFLB, slightly larger too.

he also has the "EZ-Vape" :doh:

scottio19,
The screen isn't designed to be poked/prodded/stirred. That's why MF specifically recommends you do not do this with the LB.

kingofnull,
Top Bottom