• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Dragon Lite Portable

Soulhunter

Well knock offs r just that a knock off!!
They try to copie a design that works perfect alredy.
Better stick with the original, after all they were the ones to develop the new tecnology.

Soulhunter,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
True that, I paid $90 for my MFLB, latest edition, on ebay. What would you rather have - 1 $90 MFLB that works, or 3 $33 knockoffs that might work/might not work?

sessnet,

abo27495

sessnet said:
True that, I paid $90 for my MFLB, latest edition, on ebay. What would you rather have - 1 $90 MFLB that works, or 3 $33 knockoffs that might work/might not work?

I don't think it's fair to assume that the dl may not work. I bought one and then a second for a friend because he liked mine so much. The mflb design is very simple and I'm surprised It took this long for a cheap alternative. The mflb is worth every penny of the ~ $100 it costs but I don't think the cost to produce a mflb is that much different than a DL.

abo27495,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
The MFLB design looks simple but in no world it actualy is simple.

Seek,

mgizzle

Now that I've tried them both. MFLB works faster and better without a battery cover. Battery hard to hold on dragon lite. Magic flight batteries charge in like 2 hrs. My charger takes like 8. That's why I got 4 batteries. I paid $60 altogether for my dragon lite and a 1 time additional $30 is worth getting the launch box.

Tips for the dragon lite: use a rubber band to hold the lid shut and cut the battery covers off a little bit under the + end, so the cover near the + end stays on. (eliminating the need for a washer which the magic flight doesn't need in the first place)
Dragon Lite still works though just not as fast. To get a better hit, hold light on while plugging the hole for a little while. (5- 10 sec (depends on whether its already hot or not)) Then hit to clear the chamber and repeat. Launch box heating unit is stronger so u can slowly inhale a constant thin stream of vapor without waiting for it to build up as long. Do this with the DL and u'll mostly inhale air. Might get light headed n think ur high lol. But it can get you high, with cleaner (although thinner) vapor, just takes getting used to. Might teach you patience lol.
Oh my, does it taste good though. Makes swag taste like dro. Makes dro taste like high dro.

mgizzle,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
So you think the Dragon lite tastes better than the MFLB? Any slight tint of plastic or anything?

sessnet,

abo27495

I would reccomend removing the rubber stopper inside the dl. It made mine work much better, I get some fat clouds.

abo27495,

Stone__Man

High Guys :brow:

In my vape wanderings I came across this site Clickity Click .

on this page it says they sell a Dragon Lite II. and just like the dragon lite , there is very little real info, just bells and whistles. I noticed one thing, no clue what all is changed, upgraded or different, the only thing I see from one pic is the smoked top don't have the ... um hump on the rear side.

so I left them a message will post back if there is new info given to me.

what I seem to find in my readings folks that have bought , lets say an original vape of its own design, is they like to bash ANY knockoff of the product they spent money on? why? I don't know but my guess is they can't stand the notion of them selves having spent so much more money for the original and that the knock off may actually work as well. thats what I think.

In a day in age in the good 'ol US of A, where nearly ALL products of all types are made over sea's, don't think for a moment that there are not "cheaper" versions of the same product? why ? cause they make stuff in China for American business owners who ship their work off to be done in china so they can have a MUCH fatter bottom line. Often times the "knock off" is EXACTLY the same product with a different label put on it.

To me this is relevant , as this Dragon Lite is a knock off, so everyone says, of the MFLB. I am totally new to vaping, and to be 100 percent straight up I think every single product I have seen in this forum are way overpriced. the MFLB I am willing to bet, if you could get the exact materials they used for every part of the unit it would cost u no more that 25 dollars to make one urself. I blame the Volcano with is SKY high pricetag. a market can only support what customers are willing to spend. I have found it all expensive, I have used a Raydiator by More Design , as my daily go to, it is the most expensive piece I have ever laid out money for at 65$.

the costs of any vape is WAY over the costs of the sum of it parts. its business I suppose.

Gleaning pertinent info about a purchase on forums is actually hard I feel, as SO many folks are SO biased its not even funny. so we all just try to weigh out the pros and cons , the good and bad, cause lets face it u get a new "toy" we will find ways to mask over its shortcomings as our desire for it to be exactly what we want it to be, is driving the car. u can see the same sort of posts on any forum for any product, when its new, there are many , damn this thing is so freakin' awesome, then the shiny newness of it all starts to wear off then u will start to see some of the negative points of the product start to come up. it all seems like we feel if we can tell about product and/or try to convince others just how awesome your new purchase is, is really just a way to convince OURSELVES we spent our money wisely.

Imagine if you will, if there were no forums on the interwebs, how many purchases such as this or that vape, or hiking boots, dishes, washing machines, electronics or any thing you would make. we all would make less purchases , as being on a vape forum, u see a new product, and there are always those that buy them first day. By, golly I've been there and manymany that read this have been there to, its new , its cool and Joe Blow said it was awesome, makes u want to have that same new product. and this drama plays out EVERY DAY the world over, in the world of forums from every conceivable market.

I have learned , finally lol, that I need to work harder at keeping my money in my pocket till the band wagon honeymoon float has passed, for ANY new product. But, boy it gets hard sometimes when you visit any sorta forum with any regularity.

God Bless the Interwebs
:peace:

Stone__Man,
Reactions: tangodoll

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Stone__Man said:
the MFLB I am willing to bet, if you could get the exact materials they used for every part of the unit it would cost u no more that 25 dollars to make one urself.

You just can't imagine how insanely difficult is to make a well-working from these 25$ parts.

You can't vaporize with a simple chunk of wood. It needs to be a well made vaporizer.

Seek,

Stone__Man

Insanely difficult.? lol.. lets see what equipment i would need , for the box a drill press , check and perhaps one saw cut, table and hand circular saw, check. wire cutter for the rods, check. razor knife to cut the screen out from pattern, check. pair of pliers to bend the conducting rod, check. piece of plexiglass, check. simpe wood screw or small piece of spring steel 9 to hold lid in place, check. ability to operate every machine or tool needed. check

the only things unresolved is the screen material, i suspect is stainless steel, and what ever it is that is used to hold the connection of the screen onto the rod. as there are expansions and such that will go on from heating and cooling, and over time small gaps could develop and cause a less that solid connection. If I knew what that stuff is, I'm fairly confident I could make one for under 25 bucks EASY . so long as this goop don't cost an arm and a leg lol

and don't think cause its maple that a piece of maple that small is gonna be expensive. one could very likely find it free at mills and/or lumber yards. pieces that small are nothing but scrap to nearly anyone that would use maple or any other nice hardwood for that matter.

so if there are any enlightened ones that know screen material and goo that makes connection of screen to rods, paaaaa leeeezzzzz do tell.

Stone__Man,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Yes, if you assemble it like this it will not work, check.

If you just assembly it to look like a LB - then do you know if the screen heats perfectly? You can't know and most possibly it will heat wrong or other issues will pop up. Like wrong battery contact, heat going to battery not the screen, vapor leaks etc.

Seek,

Rusty778

Getting Lost
Stone__Man said:
so if there are any enlightened ones that know screen material and goo that makes connection of screen to rods, paaaaa leeeezzzzz do tell.

It is a extremely fine mesh stainless steel that is "fused" to the rods. MF does not use solder or anything else to join the two, most likely electron beam welding though.

The facts are you could easily copy the magic flight design. But in doing so you may get the same general mechanism for heating but not all the things MF takes into consideration such as safety (who knows if these knock offs use lead solder) or efficiency (the Launch box is now in generation 5 or 6 I believe and the design has matured quite a bit)

Rusty778,
Just a Chinese knock-off with unfathomably cheap parts I would guess.

Took them long enough! Too bad, Arizer and Omicron have left my MFB in the dust. I don't even know or care where it is now. And Persei is coming....

Zorro420shouldbefree,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Rusty778 said:
The facts are you could easily copy the magic flight design. But in doing so you may get the same general mechanism for heating but not all the things MF takes into consideration such as safety (who knows if these knock offs use lead solder) or efficiency (the Launch box is now in generation 5 or 6 I believe and the design has matured quite a bit)
^This.

This is what I wanted to say, thanks. Didn't know how to say that. Really good formulation what the problem of making LB is.

Seek,

cluffy

Vaker
Stone_Man, how long would it take you to make this vaporizer? Because either you can make this thing very quickly or you work for peanuts. I guess your investment in machinery was pretty small too. It's a good thing someone went through the trouble and time of designing the MFLB so you can use their idea. But you probably would have come up with the design yourself eventually.
Just curious, for how much would you sell that box that cost you $25.00 to make?

cluffy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Stone_Man said:
I am totally new to vaping, and to be 100 percent straight up I think every single product I have seen in this forum are way overpriced. the MFLB I am willing to bet, if you could get the exact materials they used for every part of the unit it would cost u no more that 25 dollars to make one urself.

the costs of any vape is WAY over the costs of the sum of it parts. its business I suppose.

You suppose? This is a naive way of thinking. The cost to produce and market the LB (or any vaporizer) is far more than the cost of materials. As cluffy points out, there are development and labour and equipment costs. There are also sales costs and support costs. That lifetime unconditional warranty has to be paid for somehow. Also, it's obvious to me that you haven't read the MFLB patent application, which the Dragon Lite violates with abandon.

Stone_Man said:
what I seem to find in my readings folks that have bought , lets say an original vape of its own design, is they like to bash ANY knockoff of the product they spent money on? why? I don't know but my guess is they can't stand the notion of them selves having spent so much more money for the original and that the knock off may actually work as well. thats what I think.

Well I think that if Dragon Lite rips off the LB design, thereby eliminating most if not all of the R&D costs, and further cuts costs by piggy-backing on the marketing and popularity of the LB, then the company is run by a bunch of immoral fuckers and I want nothing to do with them. Money does not enter into it.

pakalolo,

Stone__Man

Let's not read more into this than what I said.

firstly if I tried to make ANY kind of vape there are Z E R O intentions to sell or market said device period lol. Do you fellaz actually think if I intended to copy and produce for sale copy units of a current product that I would be in this, or ANY forum for that matter, talking about it? talk about naive.

second, lets not forget which thread we are in the Dragon Lite thread, obviously there are LB fan's and deservedly so. But, many many people would like to have a LB (or similar) product, they could make themselves. and do u think no one but me would make their own box IF they knew the processes needed to successfully build one? lol garages the WORLD over equipment would be whirring along. the actual skill to make one (LB), granted may have more steps to produce all the cuts, than one of the turned wood vapes that also cost a lot of money, u need a quality lathe and and cutters that are kept sharp, easy once u know how to use a lathe. I have marveled at what can be brought out of a nice hardwood on a lathe, so grain patters are fantastic.

and while I am thinking about it, I would LOVE to try their Launch Tube, but it seems it day has past and can't find them.

my point , as I thought I was clearly making is. all these vape products seem over priced. to get off the LB for awhile, think of this product that I am SURE u have all seen, no clue the name, its an anodized aluminum pipe with a glass vile that screws on or pops into the end of this pipe. and I see it for around 100$, take a anodized aluminum pipe for burning your load, do they cost 100$ ... er NO! Take the time to shop some products to burn your load. and the comparable vaping product will cost more. plain and simple.

and my point of building it and cost.... since u all think I'm so wrong pls do tell how much the materials for an individual one off of a LB "like" working box would cost you? again other than the goo process. there is no way in hell it would cost more that 25 bucks, no way.

I have seen no less that FOUR knock offs that are actually being marketed and sold, how is this? u can't copy something someone else made can you? lol . besides your steadfast supporters of the ORIGINAL maker and seem to HATE any copy of original. how are they able to do that legally? patents stolen and they get away with it why? cause there apparently are not any LEGAL ramification to face making your OWN verison of a similar product. They simple often change ONE thing. if it were a patent or legal issues than surely you would see NO knock off the the LB. and while I'm at it there is NO WAY IN HELL , anyone can convince me that EVERY single different name brand an model of vape mass produced , are ALL original ideas and products through and through. This sort of thing happens a LOT in a lot of different product categories. I don't think ANY company has EVER tired to capitalize off the innovations and success of Apple, now have they? lol I hope this has made it more clear.

"cheap Chinese knock offs" I see that tossed about a LOT in this forum. what defines that ? humm. lets see TON's or retailers in America outsource their labor "overseas" why? its quite simple really, if they made same product in America it costs much more so they send it over to china to be made for they with a WAY WAY WAY cheaper labor cost to build, produce each unit. They then take that unit and sell it at a price as if it were produced with American labor wages. why? so they can have a big ass FAT bottom line, cut and dry. so the cheap part comes in how? its cheap because companies sell it at an inflated price, making any "similar" products that flow out of china "cheap knockoffs" . Granted some of them are of lesser quality, while others are just as good, sometimes better. it all depends.

Damn near EVERY product sold in America by Wallyworld is made where u guess? they just acquired some new cargo ships look can u say HUGE? ... now this is trippy, it has a crew of THIRTEEN , yes 13 people. the whole of the ship can be offloaded in TWO hours. these ships show up to American shores LOADED to the gills, and they unload and head back to China carrying Zero cargo.

It seems folks like to "pick and choose" what knock off or copy they bash or accept. IS everyone's mp3 player an ipod? no. how can that be? ponder this:

e.g. : vape products vs say, backpacks, tents, pizza, lightbulbs, stereo tuners, amps, headphones, televisons, nightlights, grinders, saw blades, router bits and pogo sticks. get the picture ? u can find sly and blatant use of what some else has already made. its the world we live in, tech is borrowed, stolen , and "often times improved upon", every day the world over.

I am just one man, new to the vaping, and I am pointing out observations I have made, whilst doing my research. that is all, I don't ask everyone to agree with or understand everything I say. and guess what If I tried and failed to successfully make a "BOX" that worked like the LB, so what , I will have enjoyed the process and TRYING!

Stone__Man out :peace:

Stone__Man,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Stone__Man I hope you find the vaporizer you are looking for. There are so many choices, it is mindboggling :peace:

sessnet,

Stone__Man

cluffy you are not funny dude, and I don't appreciate your backhanded inference either. :mad: sad man sad

ironic that you post you feel you should keep your mouth shut and then you open it anyway. unreal and quite mature on your part as well. good show chap

Stone__Man,

cluffy

Vaker
I apologize. I was in an odd mood and your post rubbed me the wrong way. Removed.

Instead of asking what you would sell your box for I should've asked what it would be worth to you. There lies the reason that vapes are so "overpriced". You might be able to make the thing for $25 but you're not trying to make a profit. Take a look at the Cloud thread and see how much work it's been for that thing to get into production. Companies can't make a profit by selling things at cost, they have to come up with a price that will make a profit and satisfy the customer.

Good luck in your vape search.

cluffy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Stone__Man said:
and my point of building it and cost.... since u all think I'm so wrong pls do tell how much the materials for an individual one off of a LB "like" working box would cost you? again other than the goo process. there is no way in hell it would cost more that 25 bucks, no way.

The cost of materials for you to make one bears no realistic relationship to what it costs a company to manufacture and market a vaporizer. That's already been explained. Whether you think they "seem" to be overpriced is therefore irrelevant because you haven't grasped the way a price is derived.

Stone_Man said:
I have seen no less that FOUR knock offs that are actually being marketed and sold, how is this? u can't copy something someone else made can you? lol . besides your steadfast supporters of the ORIGINAL maker and seem to HATE any copy of original. how are they able to do that legally? patents stolen and they get away with it why? cause there apparently are not any LEGAL ramification to face making your OWN verison of a similar product. They simple often change ONE thing. if it were a patent or legal issues than surely you would see NO knock off the the LB. and while I'm at it there is NO WAY IN HELL , anyone can convince me that EVERY single different name brand an model of vape mass produced , are ALL original ideas and products through and through. This sort of thing happens a LOT in a lot of different product categories. I don't think ANY company has EVER tired to capitalize off the innovations and success of Apple, now have they? lol I hope this has made it more clear.

Some vaporizers are protected by patent and the owners have legal recourse if their patent is violated. Others are generic and can't be patented, so anyone is free to copy them. Others, like the MFLB, have patents pending. They do not yet have legal protection and so right now, Dragon Lite can rip off Magic-Flight with impunity but if the patent is granted than Magic-Flight has grounds for legal action. They can sue to recover damages from Dragon Lite and stop them from selling anywhere the patent is recognized.

Stone_Man said:
"cheap Chinese knock offs" I see that tossed about a LOT in this forum. what defines that ?...

Your definition confuses cheap manufacturing with knock-offs. A knock-off is an unauthorized copy. If it is done cheaply in China, it is a cheap Chinese knock-off. You should ask yourself how a knock-off can be cheaper than the genuine article. Some of the answers might be: cheaper and potentially unsafe materials that might not be as durable or well assembled, no warranties, no R&D costs, and no marketing costs because you're a knock-off, so someone else has done the marketing.

Referring specifically to Chinese knock-off vaporizers, I hate them because they give good vaporizers a bad name. They tend to be one or all of inconsistent, unreliable, and downright unsafe.

Stone_Man said:
I am just one man, new to the vaping, and I am pointing out observations I have made, whilst doing my research. that is all, I don't ask everyone to agree with or understand everything I say. and guess what If I tried and failed to successfully make a "BOX" that worked like the LB, so what , I will have enjoyed the process and TRYING!

You need to do more research and perhaps re-think your observations. ;) Like everyone else, I wish you luck in your quest.

pakalolo,

Stone__Man

cluffy, ok dude. :peace: its all good. It rather irked me , as I may have fallen off the turnip truck but it sure as fuck wasn't yesterday man, its very clear the intention of that comment. I thank you for at least acknowledging it ;) :peace:

As to your question what would it be worth to me? LOTS!!!, I and everyone I know that can make anything on their own, from a simple alcohol camp stove to a dinning room table, there is great pride and satisfaction that "I" made it, and didn't have to spend a big ol bag o coin :brow:;) and again pls stop thinking about what I have said as a business, money making venture, think ONE OFF only. Those that are "handy" or skilled with different tools, machines save themselves money every day, think more along those lines. ;)

and I am by NO means a well to do fellow and have no intentions of having a a vape stash like many here have amassed (based on forum sigs) I am looking to buy ONE portable vape that suits my needs. Man, if that were me I wouldn't have posted a damn thing in FC, but rather bought the LB, AR and TV, decided the one I liked and sold the other, simple plain truth.
I'm sorry I think and make my thoughts known via these forum posts, some will agree with my thinking some wont. That is perfectly fine and acceptable , its our differing views that make this would of our's spin my friend, and It'd be a B O R I N G ASS world if we all thought alike.

One must ALWAYS bear in mind when ONE reads the words of another, they are NOT always intended as ONE see's them. We need to remain open, and entertain the views of another OBJECTIVELY: "Uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices."

my :2c:

Stone__Man,
Top Bottom