Discontinued Dragon Lite Portable

Bouldorado

craftsmanship looks pretty poor; check out the top view:

$(KGrHqN,!l8E7EOVZT49BOzSdSI-bw~~60_12.JPG

Bouldorado,

corndogg

i hope some reviews come out for this. i would like a MFLB but its just not in the budget. At 1/3 the cost, I would buy this (despite the childish look) if it proves to perform as well as the MFLB.

corndogg,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
http://www.usglobalimports.com/product_p/3506.htm
Here MFLB is found at 79$ / Dragon light (Buy it now) 58 $
MFLB KIT
One Maple Launch Box Vaporizer /Two Ready to Use Pre-Charged Batteries/Two Battery Protector Caps
A Smart Battery Charger /Cleaning Brush /Draw Stem /Elastic Travel Bands /Velvet Pouch /Instructions
Brochure /The Magic-Flight Stash Tin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon lite kit
Dragon-Lite Vaporizer/Battery Holder/Cleaning Brush/Acrylic Stem

Abysmal Vapor,

toadyfatz

agreed...I like the looks of the MFLB much better. Looks like a cheap piece of plastic to me.

toadyfatz,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
For sure the MFLB looks more elegant and natural with it's nice wood - part of the appeal for me. Also, that thing looks bulkier than the MFLB. I'd love to see a side by side comparison pic of the two for size comparing.

J.R.R.Tokin',

VaporEyeSore

charliedontsurf said:
You guys are crazy, it looks like gaudy garbage compared to the classic wood-grain elegance of the MFLB... It literally looks like they asked a 7 year old boy what he wanted the aesthetics to be... "Black and purple.. WITH A DRAGON!"
this made me laugh and may have some truth in it :) Anyway I dont really care what it looks like as long as it does the job. I also really like the idea of a sleeve to put batteries into rather than stripping the outer coating off.
I think the makers quote from Abo about not selling with batteries is a great idea as we should all have rechargable batteries around the house these days. Also for a maker to come out with this:
"We just want customers to get the healthiest product at a affordable price. Other company's mostly care about their own profits. We tryto keep it more balanced for our customers" then I think they should be encouraged even if it is a copy.

VaporEyeSore,
Reactions: Kyuujin

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Abysmal Vapor said:
http://www.usglobalimports.com/product_p/3506.htm
Here MFLB is found at 79$ / Dragon light (Buy it now) 58 $
MFLB KIT
One Maple Launch Box Vaporizer /Two Ready to Use Pre-Charged Batteries/Two Battery Protector Caps
A Smart Battery Charger /Cleaning Brush /Draw Stem /Elastic Travel Bands /Velvet Pouch /Instructions
Brochure /The Magic-Flight Stash Tin

Hmm... That link looks dodgy to me :( I'd be worried about ordering an LB from that company. Read the "about us" page.

Company Name
Company Slogan

We strive to be a fashion authority, building a comprehensive product line, offering a compelling, focused assortment of apparel, shoes and accessories, as well as new categories targeted to the lifestyles of Men, Women and Teens

Oh and the Dragon Lite... I'll read reviews that come in but... not buying one. I do love the LB's.

Lo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
darkrom said:
Why do 2000mAh batteries barely get my launch box heated properly when 2450s or 2700s definitely seem hotter? I believe you 100% I am just curious what is going on.

2000 mAh batteries are likely to be low self-discharge batteries while 2450s and 2700s are probably high self-discharge. The discharge curve is slightly different between the two types and HSD batteries run a little hotter.

pakalolo,

darkrom

Great Scott!
pakalolo said:
darkrom said:
Why do 2000mAh batteries barely get my launch box heated properly when 2450s or 2700s definitely seem hotter? I believe you 100% I am just curious what is going on.

2000 mAh batteries are likely to be low self-discharge batteries while 2450s and 2700s are probably high self-discharge. The discharge curve is slightly different between the two types and HSD batteries run a little hotter.

Cool info. Thanks.

darkrom,

sundaddy

No way I would ever support this product. Besides looking like it should be sold at Toys R Us, I have contempt for something that so blatantly rips off the principle dynamics of the Magic Flight Launch Box. I also consider it poor taste to even allow such content on this site.

sundaddy,

darkrom

Great Scott!
sundaddy said:
No way I would ever support this product. Besides looking like it should be sold at Toys R Us, I have contempt for something that so blatantly rips off the principle dynamics of the Magic Flight Launch Box. I also consider it poor taste to even allow such content on this site.

Many other vapes had to have ripped each other off. The key is bringing improvements. So far it is not looking great for this vape other than the price.

Think about it. One log vape came first, one lighter based vape, and one DBV/SSV style. They all rip each other off. The key is not being a CLONE, which this is not. However, this appears (from the only pic we have and very little info) to be an inferior product to the original, but with a more attractive price.

darkrom,

steven22

atleast the owner is friendly ... :)

good luck i guess.... all I can say is MFLB have a lot more R/D in this type vape. they have refined it pretty well.

steven22,
sundaddy said:

I understand this sentiment, but consider the log vapes - all of them are descended from the Eterra by Bob and no one's paying royalties. Not only do the PD, CRZ, WDZ, and UD have great fans, theyre also artisan constructions made with fine wood working skills and their own modifications to the heater core. Also consider the Verdamper, Herborizer and Magickwand, all very similar in concept.

While I dont see any innovation in the dragon lite, and def dont like its ninja-turtles appearance, it still deserves a place and some honest reviews.

It's curious and likely fortunate that the only two known "knockoffs" of the MFLB aren't made in China, but rather in the US and Italy.

charliedontsurf,

corndogg

Lo wrote:
Hmm... That link looks dodgy to me I'd be worried about ordering an LB from that company.

yeah i agree, a company that sells clothing somehow is able to sell the MFLB for less than any other company, including the LB company itself? seems fishy to me. plus if the dragon lite proves to be good after all you can find it for $38 on ebay, still $40 cheaper than the sketchy LB sellers.

corndogg,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Dragon lite kit does not iclude the 20$ charger and the 10 $ batteries the MFLB kit includes tin stash 5-10$.. 88$ at amazon the MFLB is 50 against 38 for the Dragon lite.. So yeah dragon lite offers to purchase just a unit and buy yourself cool batts and charger, but i compare single unit prices because that shows somehow the money invested in one unit,and by the rule "you get what you paid for" I think that the cheaper unit off two not very expensive vaporizers will be of lesser quality.
I am not a mflb fan myself... i use a knockoff too.. and i like it more.. But it is not a straight rip off.. it even has larger bowl.. anyway i bought only because it is not painted and is made from safe materials which are listed in the site. What is the dragon lite made of ? Wood,plastic,paper,nylon ? Before you put your money somewhere better check what you are getting in exchange?
This is the one i got. 49 euro It even can be unscrewed for cleaning .

Abysmal Vapor,

ninjamaster

Is ALWAYS THERE
I've noticed a good number of times, reverse engineering is what gets things like this going.. a good idea and someone who want to provide an alternative. This is my second encounter with a MFB like vape, and the system is easily mimicked but fail proof.. unlike more complicated ones!

ninjamaster,
Just bought one. the guy said that he is sending me a tracking number and will arrive in less than 4 days. i'll test it and keep you guys posted.

vaporenthuiast12993,
Top Bottom