• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Dragon Lite Portable

Preach on brother man,preach on!
I am a firm believer in Karma and would like to be there when Karma hits them like a ton of rancid shit.
It kinda makes me sad that even here there are people so greedy and souless that they defend a company who would attack a very sick person.
No punch line this time,not a damn thing funny here.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I am a firm believer in Karma and would like to be there when Karma hits them like a ton of rancid shit.
It kinda makes me sad that even here there are people so greedy and souless that they defend a company who would attack a very sick person.

To be fair to mrweed, he was defending the Dragon Lite and not the company.

Point well taken pakalo,I should have realized that myself. I promise it wont happen again.

ShipDit,
Reactions: OF

Karma, yes karma! Paypal has judged in my favor:). Even though in one email I was sent by dragon lite I was told no way would they
In fact let me post that email as well this is word for word.

"sorry mam do as u have to...and go read our site shipping info at that.....case closed.
your product was sent and dispatched thru usps..dropped off at USPS...and is somewhere with them..
paypal will not decide in YOUR FAVOR as this happens often.

Your pack is in their system, and was sent to you.
Until they send it back to me, do as you need to.
No bad business was done on this side.
Its you who are worried about something we have no control over.

and no they are not insured.

again im sorry for this but its NOT OUR FAULT NOR DO WE CLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILTY

thank you"

Clearly they new I would win and did what they could to stop me from reporting to PayPal. When they saw my actions might hurt sales they sent me a nasty gram.

"wow just bashing us everywhere you can huh? thanks...like we did anything wrong to you.but send out a pack, which the post office messed up...not our fault.
your illness must effect your reading skills....as the shipping info about when that happens was right on our site..
now i see you on youtube the forums..saying we SCAM people.......
YEAH RIGHT!.......
why dont you tell the people the FULL STORY about why your case is opened.....
either way..keep on bashing, we love haters"

Karma!
I did get my money back and I hope that my posts save someone else the time, the temporary loss of money. I do have to give PayPal a big thank you for seeing the truth. For making sure buyers are protected even when sellers will not. Also I want to thank dragon lite for sending me emails that show your true colors so I could share them with the world.

Karma!

I've added the information with the bad customer service to the review on my blog! thanks. it's not that I wouldn't care, I just didn't know that's all.

Good for you, I am pleased that you will be giving your readers a clearer view. I am finding good CS to be really worth extra money! It's something you don't know your missing, tell it is missing, then it is really missed!

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

SwiftGeneration

Get Lifted.
I'll keep an eye on this thread, but for now I'm off to support vape makers who actually care about their customers past their money.

OF

Hello OF. I've read many of your posts even dating years back. I respect your opinions, you're always very informative and handy.

I can completely understand the feelings you have towards a company that would say something like that to a patient. It's really hard to believe, actually... not to say I don't believe Dumerilgirl but... my skepticism gets the best of me some times. Regardless, assuming it's true, this company isn't worth anyones business. But the fact is its products are out there. They are cheap. They work. Country of unashamed counterfeiters or not, someone would have done it if it wasn't these DL guys. So if you must buy one, don't buy from the DL website, buy from a reseller and let them deplete their stock for more worthwhile vapes.

The best of luck to anyone getting a DL. They are definitely hit or miss, there is zero customer support unless it's from the seller. I guess the risk isn't so bad if no one has really lost their money, but you'll be getting an inferior product to the MFLB for a third of the price, and risk tying up a portion of money from a shitty vendor. And that's that.

I'm done with this thread unless summoned otherwise. My DL still has its place in my collection. I'll keep anyone posted and answer any questions anyone might have for it, but I feel like this horse has been beaten enough.

If it was not for the DL I may have never gotten any vaporizer at all. While doing some searching about vaporizers I happen to see many times people posting about how some do not like a vape high. That put me off buying an expensive vaporizer as I had no idea if I would like it at all. Lots of people who used both a MFLB and a DL said they where about even with each other. The DL was cheaper, I knew if I liked it I would get a desktop vape. Like SwiftGeneration said it works. I was sold on using a vape and doing away with combustion, a month later I purchased an Arizer Extreme Q. I ordered both vapes on ebay and had no trouble getting the DL, and like I said it worked as advertised. For the price it really is an okay portable vaporizer for the money, too bad there customer service seems to be lacking and just overall poor.

OF

If it was not for the DL I may have never gotten any vaporizer at all.

For the price it really is an okay portable vaporizer for the money, too bad there customer service seems to be lacking and just overall poor.

A good point, for sure. Then again, there are other 'entry level vapes' in the same price range like Vapor Genie. IMO the vape world can do just fine without their help.

The last part is also true, and while bad customer service and poor quality are unfortunately often a fact of life we have to deal with verbal attacks on the sick and crippled in an effort to avoid your corporate responsibilities puts you in a class way below wife beaters and dog kickers. IMO absolutely shameless, something you'd never have the courage to do face to face in punching distance. Or spitting distance for that matter.

Personally, I could never take pleasure from a device from such a maker, no matter how sweet the price.

A choice everyone gets to make for themselves, of course.

OF

lead by example

I guess that what I worry about is people who are importing a knock off of a vaporizer that was designed and built by a company in the USA who does business the right way and in the end they have to compete with someone who lives in Thailand and has his lowlife friends distribute them here in the states all the while putting out a reward for info to void mflb patent.....google infocdvape@gmail.com (dragon lite waranty email) and the results show this guy living in another country is offering a $5000 reward to void their patent.....now that's a real scumbag and any one who does business with them is just as bad as they are ......lantayachtclub@gmail.com ...looks like a nice place bought off the hard work of others

OF

.....google infocdvape@gmail.com (dragon lite waranty email) and the results show this guy living in another country is offering a $5000 reward to void their patent.....now that's a real scumbag and any one who does business with them is just as bad as they are

Thanks for the advice, I'm about to go do that, but I don't know what you mean by "offering a $5000 reward to void their patent" means. I know what $5000 means of course (lots of new vapes and tasty stuff to put in them, of course) it's the other part.

Can you please tell me what I'm lookong for and what it means?

TIA

OF

OF,

lead by example

look for magic flight has no patent ......it shows a time line of magic flights patent aplication and offers a reward for proof that they made and sold them before a date that if proved could void thier patent application

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Can you please tell me what I'm lookong for and what it means?

TIA

OF
Looks like it's the fourth hit on google when you search for that email. I don't recommend following the link, though. It's got some javascript that redirects you to a scummy SEO sort of page. The address for the original page is literally "lantayachtclub.com/magic-flight-has-no-patent.com"; how much more sketchy can you get? If you turn off javascript you get to see this empty mess:

oiZwQzA.png

And this image if you follow the link to "home":

NPXJif4.jpg

You only get to see the Dragon Lite email address (a gmail address? really?) if you click and drag to select the black text that is printed on a black background:

OgGmJOo.png

OF

look for magic flight has no patent ......it shows a time line of magic flights patent aplication and offers a reward for proof that they made and sold them before a date that if proved could void thier patent application

Thanks very much. I still don't fully understand the point I guess, the Launch Tube came first and I believe used patented technology? So the LB would, I assume, carry that on? I bet these 'claim jumpers' don't even know that part???

One thing clear, they know they're dirty. Offering five grand, the 'profit' from say 1000 sales (maybe more)? For information they don't have but think they might need to protect themselves later?

WOW!!! A new high in low! I must lead a more sheltered life than I thought, never seen that sort of BS before (at least not openly....). Thanks again for the pointer and background information.

Regards,

OF

OF

One thing clear, they know they're dirty. Offering five grand, the 'profit' from say 1000 sales (maybe more)? For information they don't have but think they might need to protect themselves later?

Strange quoting yourself, but edit has expired and this has been bugging me for a while. I just realized why......

I think these guys have no intention of ever paying the five kilobuck bounty! Think about it, they resorted to handicap insults over a $30 lost package that cost them a fraction of that. Do you really think they'll send you the money after you tell them what they want? Of course not. Why would they?

I hope nobody gets sucked into this, to me it stinks of scam.

So many good makers these days, trying to give us useful options to choose from, this we don't need giving the lot a black eye. The dark side of Capitalism I guess.

OF

Kyuujin

Ok, so I ordered the Dragon Lite because i frankly can't afford the MFLB. Had a charger and 4 ENELOOP XL batteries on hand. 2400mAh.
The first thing i noticed when i opened the box, was the incredibly flimsy build quality. This thing was near-broken. In the picture it looks like one big plastic box, but mine was split around the middle, like it hadn't been glued together properly.
Because of that the stem would fall out and the battery would rattle.
I used some superglue.
It now stays proper.
And it vapes wonderfully and i'm so baked.
Still, if you're someone who appreciates quality, stay away.
I even sent the seller pictures of it and he didn't answer me.

Kyuujin,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ok, so I ordered the Dragon Lite because i frankly can't afford the MFLB. Had a charger and 4 ENELOOP XL batteries on hand. 2400mAh.
The first thing i noticed when i opened the box, was the incredibly flimsy build quality. This thing was near-broken. In the picture it looks like one big plastic box, but mine was split around the middle, like it hadn't been glued together properly.
Because of that the stem would fall out and the battery would rattle.
I used some superglue.
It now stays proper.
And it vapes wonderfully and i'm so baked.
Still, if you're someone who appreciates quality, stay away.
I even sent the seller pictures of it and he didn't answer me.

I wouldnt use that if i were you. If the manufacturers are using glue to hold their unit together thats already a bad sign IMO. You using superglue just makes it worse. You could easily be getting super glue vapor

They work. Country of unashamed counterfeiters or not, someone would have done it if it wasn't these DL guys. So if you must buy one, don't buy from the DL website, buy from a reseller and let them deplete their stock for more worthwhile .
Someone already has, it called da kube. If your gonna go for a knock off that looks a lot better then the dragon lite

Mynameismud,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Kyuujin

I wouldnt use that if i were you. If the manufacturers are using glue to hold their unit together thats already a bad sign IMO. You using superglue just makes it worse. You could easily be getting super glue vapor

Someone already has, it called da kube. If your gonna go for a knock off that looks a lot better then the dragon lite

The plastic isn't getting heated due to the wood around a screen, which is a great thermal insulator. I'm not worried by that. There's no glue anywhere near the screen. I have to admit, it works great. Would have been nice if they'd bothered with build quality. It was shipped to me technically broken. Took 2 weeks too.

Kyuujin,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
More power to you. I dont know any vape manufactures that use glue anywhere in their product, so even if its not head or near the screen that wouldnt make me feel safe

Mynameismud,

Cotelio

Previous dragon-lite owner here, I felt pretty scummy when I found out about their buisness practicies...

The thing didn't work very well anyway and the screen was misaligned in the trench, used 2500 mah batteries with it and I would get sore red circles on my thumb from holding it in, very finicky to get it to connect properly. It was functional, but the screen was connected shoddily so 1/3 of the trench closest to the mouthpiece would heat up. When I forgot to shake it like a d3 Digivice between hits the stuff near the mouthpiece would turn dark brown/black and the rest of it would still be green! Gave it to a friend a while back and I've been mostly either smoking or using a lightbulb vape while waiting for a chance to get something better- and now I found the Gnome Glass slider at the same price point! Can't wait. :3

TLDR: The price point is the only redeeming feature this thing has, check out http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/gn0me-lighter-based-vaporizers.4709/ for a much more worthwhile sub-$50 option. All-glass vapor/air path, too.

I know it sounds like I'm bashing&advertizing, but if I knew of anything else at this price point I would have mentioned it too, and it seems like almost nobody has heard of Gnome Glass-- almost everywhere that I've searched I've seen the MFLB spoken of as the cheapest vaporizer "worth buying." Unfortunatly I can't speak from personal experience on gn0me's work-- yet! I'm finding it hard to resist going around different forums recommending it in "first vape" threads of people trying to find something to start off that isn't too hard on the wallet until I actually have my own.

I can't wait to get it so I can actually take photos and stuff, I know my low post count is pretty sketchy. >:

Edit: I wonder if I'm getting all the likes for the Digivice refrence, hehe. Loved that thing, I have no idea where it went and I miss it. I never did manage to beat it before the batteries would die. I had the black one.

I have to say after my nasty experience with dragon lite and explaning that to a really nice eBay seller along with a great Conversation he sold me a Mflb at his cost so I payed $70.00 for it. It was brand new real Mflb and even came with new batteries with the mf logo stamped on it. So I have to say I am glad dragon lite was such scum to me being that if I would have recived the dl I would have never met such a cool seller on eBay and never recived such a great vape that Mflb is turring out to be for me. The learning curve I had to adapt to was useing way less, and not burning things to cover up the stink. I am one happy camper for sure and a big thank you to my eBay seller for having a heart of gOld:)

OF

Thanks for the good word, I like happy endings.

See you over on the LB thread? You'll find a bunch of new friends over there.......

Next we get you thinking Power Adapter, Concentrate trays, maybe a nice cherry or walnut box? You know you want it.......

Thanks again, and congrats on sticking with it. And also thanks for doing your best to warn other folks off.....just what I'm sure had happened to you?

OF

Chevey0

I purchased a Dragon Lite the other day from ebay and to be honest i love it, its not perfect but it gets the job done. I have never been a smoker and to this day i have never had a drag on a single cigarette so for me enjoying the herb with tobacco and paper always seemed wasteful to me. Ive been on the hunt for months now to find a replacement, i thought about getting a AtmosRaw for a while but shipping it over here in the UK was a bit beyond my budget. The MFLB looked pretty sweet but again i wasnt up for spending that much on something i may or may use that much. I have really enjoyed the Dragon Lite, for a first Vape i think its a great way to go and i will probably use this until it dies and leave the J's alone. When my dragon breaks i may consider getting a MFLB i will see how it goes.

Things ive learnt from my first Vape, dont hold the power button down, my sister in law did that when trying it and ended up charcoaling the trench lol

Chevey0,
Reactions: mrweed

Cotelio

I purchased a Dragon Lite the other day from ebay and to be honest i love it, its not perfect but it gets the job done. I have never been a smoker and to this day i have never had a drag on a single cigarette so for me enjoying the herb with tobacco and paper always seemed wasteful to me. Ive been on the hunt for months now to find a replacement, i thought about getting a AtmosRaw for a while but shipping it over here in the UK was a bit beyond my budget. The MFLB looked pretty sweet but again i wasnt up for spending that much on something i may or may use that much. I have really enjoyed the Dragon Lite, for a first Vape i think its a great way to go and i will probably use this until it dies and leave the J's alone. When my dragon breaks i may consider getting a MFLB i will see how it goes.

Things ive learnt from my first Vape, dont hold the power button down, my sister in law did that when trying it and ended up charcoaling the trench lol

I only have one response to that....

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/gn0me-lighter-based-vaporizers.4709/

Glad you're enjoying it though! Yay! :D

Chevey0

As cool as those Gn0me glass tubes look, they are quite big and more expensive compared to my little Dragon. I wanted something small light and easy to use, that i didnt have to spend a fortune to buy the first one (just in case i didnt like it). Now i can say Fuck Combustion i vape!

I wonder if the power adapter for the MFLB would work for the Dragon Lite....

Chevey0,

SwiftGeneration

Get Lifted.
Took my DL apart the other day. Here's some pictures for reference.

NOT PICTURED is the rubbery seal ring the goes between the wooden trough area and the top part of the shell. Screen is detached.

[Click for larger size]

Top Bottom