Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

Morberis

How do we clean the sapphire induction cups? Also makes sapphire cleaner/better than quartz?

Do you have any plans on making any of the percolators or the directional carb cap color changing? How does it work if we want to get any of our pieces faceted?

Edit: I found my own answers on sapphire vs quartz.

Hmmm if you can't do e-nails then you have no sapphire options (can't torch sapphire, it doesn't take well to the thermal shock and is likely to break). SiC is much better for vaporizing more quickly and evenly than quartz with better flavor throughout the hit. SiC holds heat like nothing else! No need to waste to taste. I use SiC if I am limited to torch only dabs. I have never gone back to quartz since I got SiC.

Sapphire takes slightly longer to vaporize the same load as SiC, but actually tastes better still throughout the hit - despite requiring slightly more heat than SiC to function ideally. If you can do an e-nail, sapphire is the unequivocal best experience IME.

Last edited:

hd_rider

I recently picked up some quartz induction cups for my Switch.

I hate to sound like a noobie, but I've never used these quartz cups before; I've always used the regular oil induction cups that came with the device.

Would someone be so kind to post some tips / thoughts on (1) How to make best use of these quartz cups, and (2) how to clean them after use?

Morberis

To clean them use a q-tip to remove the large particlesa the hold it up to a torch. You can use a butane torch but I have a large propane torch that does it alot quicker. Heat it until it glows and then as it cools you'll see the flakes and bits disappear. You might have to do a few cycles of that if it's real bad.

To use quartz put your switch into crystal mode. Below is a video from Dr Dab on that. It will take longer to heat and will drain your battery much quicker. I probably get 4 heating cycles from a full charge until it dies. I have mine set for 15 second hits rather than the stock 30 second hit. But it definately is better than the stock cups.

DabberChase

Company Rep
How do we clean the sapphire induction cups? Also makes sapphire cleaner/better than quartz?

Do you have any plans on making any of the percolators or the directional carb cap color changing? How does it work if we want to get any of our pieces faceted?

Edit: I found my own answers on sapphire vs quartz.

I recently picked up some quartz induction cups for my Switch.

I hate to sound like a noobie, but I've never used these quartz cups before; I've always used the regular oil induction cups that came with the device.

Would someone be so kind to post some tips / thoughts on (1) How to make best use of these quartz cups, and (2) how to clean them after use?

We recommend cotton swabbing all induction cups after each use to extend the life and flavor of these parts. You may use a torch to clean the quartz cup completely. DO NOT torch sapphire cups as this may cause them to crack. As long as you are cotton swabbing after each use, both of these cups should stay clean with minimal effort. Once cooled, you may use a cotton swab dipped in ISO to remove and stubborn residues.

Feel free to shoot us an email if you have any other questions and make sure to check out our full Switch Knowledge Base here:

https://drdabber.helpscoutdocs.com/article/98-switch-support

DabberChase

Company Rep
Speculation only here, but their IG Post 9/26 commented to... keep an eye out in the future for a smaller unit. Nothing definitive though

We are definitely working on few new items, but we do not expect to have a new eRig on the market anytime soon. The current Switch model will be around for the foreseeable future.

Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for new Switch glass attachments coming soon. We also have a new product release coming in the next month or so. We are very excited about the future of Dr. Dabber.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

giphy.gif

Morberis

Has anyone tried using bismuth as a heat transfer compound between the titanium and quartz bowls?

Morberis,

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
I’m still powering away on my Switch! I have to get the sapphire cup! Can’t wait to taste the difference.

My other BIG question is does the Dr Dabber Switch work with the DynaVap?

DabberChase

Company Rep
My other BIG question is does the Dr Dabber Switch work with the DynaVap?

Yes, the Switch does work with the Dynavap, but I cannot really confirm or deny that other companies products will function with our unit with 100% success. If you do use the Dynavap with this unit, I recommend placing an induction cup inside the Switch before putting the Dynavap in the induction chamber.

DabberChase,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Just received my Dynavap with Simrell vortex stem yesterday. This is my first Dynavap and so far I’ve been very impressed. It’s took a real long time for me to understand how to get consistent hits. I used torch lighter and really struggled. I own a Dr Dabber Switch with induction heating so I thought I’d give it a shot. The Dr. Dabber Switch works great with my Dynavap!

Initially I tried heating my Dynavap with my Switch with a titanium insert cup installed in my switch. I thought it made more sense to keep the insert cup in, but all I was getting was wispy vapor uneven AVB. I was at the point where I was content with giving up. That’s when it dawned on me I should give it one more shot WITHOUT the titanium insert cup. As soon as I did this my experience went from bad to great! If you have a Dr. Dabber Switch I strongly suggest giving it a shot. Make sure you don’t have any of the cups in the Switch. Turn the unit on Oil mode (but I’m sure you could use dry herb mode too). Place your Dynavap in the Switch without any of the titanium inserts. Wait about 4 to 6 seconds and you’ll hear the click and you’re ready to go. Vaporizes very well.

So now my Switch is the best E rig on the market and also my portable induction heater for my Dynavap! The Dynavap is a battery little powerhouse, it has the smallest footprint of any Vape I’ve ever owned! Spectacular combination!

I have a lot more testing to do!

Morberis

Should we be expecting more glassware for the Switch to be coming out? I'll be disappointed if there only ends up being blue and pink. They're so... stereotypical. Even if the colour is vibrant I don't think I could bring myself to buy one. But I also hate not being able to see if my rig needs cleaning so I'm probably the wrong guy to talk to concerning opaque.

@LAWTHEONE How does that work? You just put the weed end where the cup would sit, point the Dynavap straight up, and then inhale with it pointing upwards? How does that compare to something like the Davinci IQ? It seems more unwieldy but if it's good it's good. I am definitely interested.

Edit: Sorry I edited it. Thanks for the heads up @DabberChase !

Last edited:
Morberis,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Surf Monkey

I’m having a great time with the Switch. It’s been five days of daily driving and I have no major complaints. It heats up in a flash, is very easily controlled and delivers a nice, cool hit.

Having read this and other sources regarding the downsides, I do agree that the flavor could be more robust. It can be muted if the dab is placed in the cup before heating. Doing it the traditional way helps the flavor profile some, but I prefer pre-loading.

My other concern is the top heavy design. Dr Dabber should consider putting a metal weight in the base to shift the center of gravity lower. As it is, the device is somewhat tenuous and seems prone to easily tipping over. The last thing anyone wants is to break the bubbler.

Other than those niggles, it’s champ. It’s easy to clean, never gets hot, can deliver a thick or thin vapor cloud depending on your preference and has a world beater of a battery in it. Yeah, the price is high, but I see myself getting every dollar back out of it.

Oh, and I haven’t tried it in leaf mode. Don’t really intend to either. The Mighty is my on the go rig for leaf and I have a variety of tabletop units that do flower just fine.

Morberis

My other concern is the top heavy design. Dr Dabber should consider putting a metal weight in the base to shift the center of gravity lower. As it is, the device is somewhat tenuous and seems prone to easily tipping over. The last thing anyone wants is to break the bubbler.

This is exactly what I'll be doing after my unit is off warranty. I'm undecided if I want to replace the bottom magnetic plastic piece with metal or crack it open and epoxy in some weights. My coffee table is on wheels and a month back the dog jostled it and the switch relatively gently fell in the direction of the stock perc and *tink* it broke at the join. Similar thing happened to the ball attachment. In fact the ball attachment is MUCH worse for falling over because the weight is farther from the center of mass. If I do open it I'll take pictures and give thoughts on my experiences doing that.

There is one big tip I have for anyone that has had this happen, has the short glass fitters top, or who wants to use other glass. I'll post it tonight when I can take pics.

The reason that I want to wait until my unit is off warranty is that 3 times now in the last 2 months it's gone into it's flashing lights fault mode. I've always let it cool down correctly. It has been used fairly heavily by a household of 3 as our shared daily driver but that shouldn't be a problem. Man not having to change coils is a blessing, and it always works like we expect. Anyway each time it was fixed by turning it off and on again but it is still alarming.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completely unrelated to the above. I now have had 2 months+ experience daily driving the quartz cup, before that months of using the stock cups.

The quartz cup has a few advantages going for it.
1) It cleans up so much easier using a butane flame.
2)Yes the flavour is a bit better in the quartz cup.

It also has a few cons
1) The flavour difference is not night and day. More like night and early evening. It is something you will notice if your concentrate has a good flavour though. So this depends on what you're using.
2) It is SO much harder on battery. From full charge to dead it will get 4-5 hits at around level 15-20 in crystal mode. FI will be getting the new sapphire cup when it re-stocks to compare it to
3) It retains heat. When the cycle is done you usually have 1-2 good hits left. If you don't want them you're going to be wasting product. You can compensate for this by ending the cycle early, but you have to remember to do that! I'm the only one out of 3 that does, the others don't want the hassle.

So for travelling or camping we use the stock cups. If we have power, or are using it as a dab station then it's plugged in and we're using the quartz.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the glass that is part of the top unit of the switch ever going to be available for sale? Mine has acquired some build up on the inside that will not come off. But more than that I'm concerned that eventually it will break. Even if it's a special order item I would like to get another one. Then I'd like to etch a design into it and swap it out keeping the original as a backup. My concern that it will break stems from the glass on glass connection since my unit came without that silicone ring at the bottom, being a Jan 2019 purchase.

Last edited:

Morberis

Ok so I joined my short glass blowers fitting to this 14mm female joint using high temperature silicone tubing, link below. I get no taste from it and it lets me easily adapt the Switch to almost any glassware.

I did try a few other silicone tubes but this was the only one that didn't add something to the flavour. I had a few people test it by just breathing through it and they were also unable to taste anything. Anything with a 14mm female joint anyway.

JdpaI1I.jpg

https://www.mcmaster.com/3038k23

DabberChase

Company Rep
Happy Halloween!!! We currently have 20% off all glass on our website and some glass is up to 50% off. Premium Mystery Bags are available as well. Make sure to get these scary deals while they last, sale ends Sunday.

Check out our website later this week for new Switch Accessories.

Have an awesome Spooktober!

Top Bottom