Doughboy Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoopMachine

Oh ya, I can kick down a little commission to you for your efforts @PoopMachine :)
Oh, and I'm not trying to jump ahead of anybody, I just think he deserves a little from us for all the leg work he's done.

I dont want anything out of this except to help him get going. Its more important to me to see him get a steady flow of work than it is for me to benefit.

if you want one of those worked guys, PM me and Ill get the party started.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
SSSssssswwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt! And as I've said before, absolutely no rush. Thank you so much PM...I'll be sure check out his facebook...and please send my thanks to Doughboy. So can he make pretty much anything? I wouldn't mind to see if he could make me something like a mobius 60t stereo matrix....hmmm...I wonder what a colored, sort of worked, 60t would look like muhuhaha :evil:

PoopMachine

He can make anything. He doesnt like doing frits but he can make about anything.

Its kind of funny.. I was over there tonight and he had a buddy over that also does glass work and that guy mainly does repairs. He said he fixed more Mobius's than about anything else. Mine had to be fixed too so I guess it shouldnt surprise me.

PoopMachine

@CrazyDiamond, I have your piece :D

I also have a klein recycler that he had from stardust green that he coil potted completely by hand. This thing is SWEET!

20140808_193839.jpg

20140808_193946.jpg

20140808_194016.jpg

20140808_194157.jpg

There are opals in those marbles.

Last edited:

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
@Caligula, PM, myself, and Trey have had limited discussions on a bigger piece that is similar to a well known piece...can't give anymore than that, but we will see what we can work out. I'm very optimistic that what I have in mind might be a really good seller for him if he corrects the mistakes of the original mfr (which I know he will since PM has the piece that I want a sort of replica made out of and PM can tell him the problems with it)...if PM wants to talk about here than I'm cool with it, otherwise we'll keep it under wraps until we know it will happen ;).

Caligula

Maximus
I'm in no hurry since I'm set on glass for neeed. It's just want. So if you have something badass in the pipe (lol) then I can wait no problem.

Now I'm just hoping it's a Quave Klein replica.... except those don't have flaws. Lmao.
10471824_803766566301603_1499563541_a.jpg

BMPHkVF.jpg

tumblr_mriaehraO21s2xuvmo1_1280.jpg

PoopMachine

That last piece looks like its made out of a glass called Haterade. Trey made a Klein out of that stuff last week but I didnt get pictures before he sold it.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: BoogerMan

BoogerMan

That last piece looks like its made out of a glass called Haterade. Trey made a Klein out of that stuff last week but I didnt get pictures before he sold it.
That is what I want my next piece made out of. Is that Haterade glass really expensive? Is it more or less expensive compared to uranium glass? The uranium glass seems to be very similar just without the dust like particles that the Haterade glass has.

Last edited:
BoogerMan,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus

I believe it's just slyme... at least that's what the image was tagged as. The top one is called Parris Green (one of my favorites it's supposed to be like a Perier bottle). The center is obviously clear with line work.

@BoogerMan uranium glass actually has uranium in it. Like literally. Also hardly anyone makes it anymore. That's why it's so pricy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium_glass

Last edited:

BoogerMan

That dome on @CrazyDiamond's piece is gorgeous. Looks very similar to the space theme I am trying to come up with that I talk about below. The female joint on the dome looks thick as hell too. Amazing work Trey!

20140808_192059.jpg

20140808_192032.jpg

I believe it's just slyme... at least that's what the image was tagged as. The top one is called Parris Green (one of my favorites it's supposed to be like a Perier bottle). The center is obviously clear with line work.

@BoogerMan uranium glass actually has uranium in it. Like literally. Also hardly anyone makes it anymore. That's why it's so pricy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium_glass

Thanks @Caligula So I think uranium glass is out of the picture and I will stick with the full slime, haterade, and Parris Green glass. I think I have some ideas for my next few items after I save up a bit :D

1) Double Recycler "Star Trek" ship style with cosmos/space theme

This one may be pretty pricey so I may have to save up for a while and get myself a nice christmas present lol. When I look at this double recycler it kind of reminds me of a space ship from Star Trek or something. I will definitely have a longer mouthpiece (I hate when the joint is right by your face. I don't like doing cross eyed dabs lol) I will probably leave the recycling chambers clear so you can see the vortex. I figured the vortex would kind of look like the jet turbines flame haha :D Here are also some ideas for my space theme

CBC1B26A-1C53-4E50-A7AF-9FE97EB32734_zps93dv41uh.png

6CF3827B-68D3-45B4-AEFB-A932CB59F664_zpsxg1goshw.png

F9BDF856-A8A7-4B85-9B5F-8098698535D0_zpsopsgava0.png

4249206A-3F00-473C-AD73-D8767AB96CC5_zpscku1hbqu.jpg

BA661EFC-6EA0-4C8B-9AB3-7D95CE5CAD2E_zpsmwizzqzv.jpg

C96ED02F-F6CC-4EC0-B03F-0E4508F3506B_zpsgl5vcdko.jpg

2) Klein Incycler with 6 uptakes and 3 return tubes in all slime (or haterade) and maybe with some slime drips? :)

I may even talk to Trey about trying to make this even more scientific (if possible and if it would even make sense to lol. As if it isn't already scientific enough right?). I really want this one to remind me of a chemistry setup (tubes going everywhere etc) and the slime green will be like the toxic chemical haha

6F03E55D-C993-49FE-9607-B25FCC00855A_zpsz6wcoac9.jpg

3) Planet rig klein incycler with the ring as the uptake tubes

Everyone has seen the hitman planet rig yeah? Well I want to revamp that and make it more scientific and bigger. Im thinking to have the mouthpiece come off the back instead of the side. I want the ring surrounding the planet to be some sort of uptake tube system to make it a klein incycler that will drain down the center to below the perc:D

CD1D7884-01C3-473C-BB6D-B35EF5E604B2_zps2ilkodi5.png

4) Dabuccino with female dewar joint and perris green accents

Last one I can think of right now is a starbucks cup. Perris green or white straw, lid (green if i do the straw white or frosted like on the dabuccino if i do the straw perris green), and perris green down stem, clear cup, and a perris green " indented coaster" as the base maybe with some white or frosted accents on the coaster :D

9FBD54AE-21A7-4B98-8966-2B0CF791DC5D_zpso5wunuwa.jpg

0FECFCE2-3547-4300-B54C-1FE603F37E78_zpshpyjr5eq.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Go with the first one...double recycler...sick! I love the way my piece came out...super stoked to get it in hand....I figure next weekend it will be put to use :)
Big thanks to @PoopMachine, MrsPoopMachine, and Trey for his awesome glass working skills.

BoogerMan

Go with the first one...double recycler...sick! I love the way my piece came out...super stoked to get it in hand....I figure next weekend it will be put to use :)
Big thanks to @PoopMachine, MrsPoopMachine, and Trey for his awesome glass working skills.

Can't wait to see a function vid of your recycler. The worked sections look beautiful. Congrats!

I will be getting all four done before Christmas I hope :) I got a new job to help support my GAS lol. The double recycler should be affordable in a month or two (right around my birthday) so that one may come first. The first two are definitely my main priorities but I think I want the double recycler done first and then the chemistry one second. The planet and cup can come later.

BoogerMan,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

PoopMachine

Ive water tested his piece already. It swirls the water nicely. It doesnt seem to create a vortex but the water spins around nicely.

Now I havent played with water levels at all. I tossed some water in it, pulled on it once or twice and dumped it. I just wanted to make sure it didnt suck water.

The double recycler piece would be really easy for him the way he makes his stuff. Just say the word :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom