• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Doughboy Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
My HT arrived today :clap:. So far I've only done some water tests, but I'm very impressed already. I'll wait till this evening to do a more thorough review, but so far here's what I'm thinking:

~No imperfections in the glass that I've noticed, looks very neat, nice, shiny, etc
~Function seems very very nice, gets some vortex action going in the chamber, gotta keep messing with the water level
~Packaging was great @PoopMachine , tons of boxes inside of bubble wrap, inside of boxes, which was necessary since there was a big 'ole dent in the box thanks to USPS
~Super stoked I bought this piece, and so glad I actually have it now

Great job Trey and Poopmachine, I can't wait to get my next 'cycler from Trey!

PoopMachine

@Cannabis Connoisseur and @kimura , you're up!

Pieces in my hands. Ill do my best to ship tomorrow. Just finished a 12 hour shift and not sure what I have on my plate tomorrow but I think I can get them boxed up and out of here. If not, Thursday for sure.

Trey is sending me something he wanted me to post on his behalf thanking all you guys for your support. Ill repost it as soon as he gets it to me.

Deadhead101

I'm going to upload some pics when I get the chance, but suffice it to say this thing rips hard. Smooth monster hits, minimal percolation, lots of water cooling, easy draw.

The shape of it's very appealing too. Very magical looking, like something in Aladdin. I love the attention to detail. In the possibility that one does spill water into the lowest chamber (which is unlikely), there is a very little chance that water will get into the vape because there are little holes in the Female intake that would surely mitigate most if not all the water from submerging.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I'm going to upload some pics when I get the chance, but suffice it to say this thing rips hard. Smooth monster hits, minimal percolation, lots of water cooling, easy draw.

The shape of it's very appealing too. Very magical looking, like something in Aladdin. I love the attention to detail. In the possibility that one does spill water into the lowest chamber (which is unlikely), there is a very little chance that water will get into the vape because there are little holes in the Female intake that would surely mitigate most if not all the water from submerging.
anypictures.gif
hehe...get em' in here, lol. Oh, and what song were you listening to when you took your first rip out of it?

CrazyDiamond,
Reactions: BoogerMan

NightTrain

Sounds great, can't wait to see some pics!

NightTrain,

Deadhead101

I'm going to get a video uploaded hopefully today. Can you guys recommend a good website to upload vids?

Deadhead101,

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Big time, lol. This is just for @Deadhead101 and off topic...was at World of Beer tonight and they had a 3 person group that are known for playing some Dead songs. I went up and asked for Brown Eyed Women...sorry we don't have that, said to myself, don't have it?...so then, on a whim cuz I knew they would know this one...uhhh Sugar Magnolia or some Floyd Comfortably Numb? Oh ya we can do that one....pffffttt...I said it's cool, no worries...lol...now back to our regularly scheduled, wonderful, informative, great interaction, DoughBoy thread.

kimura

I received my recyclo-tube today! First impressions: the piece was shipped nicely leaving little chance for USPS to break it. The tube is very clean, very nicely put together with no flaws that I can see. It's all very tidy and neat and, according to my wife, gives off a steampunk-ish vibe. it's a little smaller than I thought it would be for some reason, which is actually very good from my perspective.

so I'm still experimenting with water levels but I'm already loving it. I especially love the flavor I get when I fill the tube up with as much water as I dare. and the vapor is incredibly smooth, I suppose due to the cooling effects of all that water. this is kind of strange to me, in a good way. I guess because I am so used to the philosophy of filling up my pieces just to the point that the percs are totally submerged? I can't say that this tube doesn't strip any flavor but I can say that this tube does strip nearly all of the undesirable (IMO) flavors you can encounter at high temps towards the end of an ELB. and it's all totally smooth on the throat. very nice. I am really happy with the piece and it's got me thinking. It's an awesome little piece. Thanks @PoopMachine and Trey!

edit: oh yeah, it vortexes really nicely even with a slow draw at high water levels. mouthpiece is very nice too

Last edited:

Deadhead101

^Definitely think you're hitting the nail on the head, the HT cools vapor so well because of all the water that it uses and how it recycles the water. Vapor can get really raspy at high temps and this piece does a great job combatting that.

Now I just need that new recycler:D

I received my HydraKlein today as well!!! I can't even think of where to begin. I will first say I've learned a lot about glass and this piece is THE BEST PIECE I'VE EVER PURCHASED!! That is no disrespect to my other pieces or the other Glass Blowers who made them. This particular piece just compliments my Vapexhale Cloud+ and Cloud EVO more than any other piece I own. First off Drag, there is none. I can only create the SMALLEST amount of drag by adding more water. This piece likes more water, and although its normally custom to fill water just past the perc its not always the case especially with recyclers. Flavor is strangely increased with all the water action. I can't describe it. This piece is flawless as far as beauty goes. The glass begins and never ends. Me and my wife have taken countless pictures of it, but none do it justice. It doesn't even work the way I thought it did... IT'S MORE AWESOME!!! The hit on this is perfect it fills with milky white vapor within 5secs. It is smaller than it looks in pics which is really cool. I think the inventor of the EVO should really hit this piece, it's a game changer. Listen to me people this thing has cured my GAS in a strange way. I don't want another piece of glass except another one of these. I tried to get a simpler Hydratube recycler from a well known artist he tried to charge me $600+. Had I examined this piece, not used it and had to guess what someone wanted for it I'd have guessed $9-$1,200 had I had a chance to hit and had to guess I'd have guessed $1,5-$2,000. It vortexes and drains for 3 or 4 secs after you stop hitting it. It's impossible to get splash back. It gets you soooooo ripped. You feel like you changed to a more potent strain. I don't mean to just rant and praise but , TREY IS THE TRUTH, DAMN I wish everyone could come hit this it's a SMOOTH BEAST!! OH, AND MINE HAS A COOL TATTOO BRANDED ON IT!!!! more to come

NightTrain

More of my Doughboy recycler...
IMG_5713.jpg

IMG_5714.jpg

IMG_5715.jpg

Loving it! :rockon:
That is a beautiful piece, I love the colors!
I received my HydraKlein today as well!!! I can't even think of where to begin. I will first say I've learned a lot about glass and this piece is THE BEST PIECE I'VE EVER PURCHASED!! That is no disrespect to my other pieces or the other Glass Blowers who made them. This particular piece just compliments my Vapexhale Cloud+ and Cloud EVO more than any other piece I own. First off Drag, there is none. I can only create the SMALLEST amount of drag by adding more water. This piece likes more water, and although its normally custom to fill water just past the perc its not always the case especially with recyclers. Flavor is strangely increased with all the water action. I can't describe it. This piece is flawless as far as beauty goes. The glass begins and never ends. Me and my wife have taken countless pictures of it, but none do it justice. It doesn't even work the way I thought it did... IT'S MORE AWESOME!!! The hit on this is perfect it fills with milky white vapor within 5secs. It is smaller than it looks in pics which is really cool. I think the inventor of the EVO should really hit this piece, it's a game changer. Listen to me people this thing has cured my GAS in a strange way. I don't want another piece of glass except another one of these. I tried to get a simpler Hydratube recycler from a well known artist he tried to charge me $600+. Had I examined this piece, not used it and had to guess what someone wanted for it I'd have guessed $9-$1,200 had I had a chance to hit and had to guess I'd have guessed $1,5-$2,000. It vortexes and drains for 3 or 4 secs after you stop hitting it. It's impossible to get splash back. It gets you soooooo ripped. You feel like you changed to a more potent strain. I don't mean to just rant and praise but , TREY IS THE TRUTH, DAMN I wish everyone could come hit this it's a SMOOTH BEAST!! OH, AND MINE HAS A COOL TATTOO BRANDED ON IT!!!! more to come
Great review, can't wait to get one! Was the tattoo label something you requested or is this something new he is doing?

NightTrain,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I forgot to mention last night that using this tube really got me profoundly medicated. It even kind of caught me off guard. Not sure what's going on there but I love it

Placebo.

Hate to be that guy, but a different piece of glass isn't going to get you higher. Sure, it might be more enjoyable due to drag/diffusion/volume/aesthetics, but you're still ingesting the same amount of active ingredients.

Maybe you can get to the same level quicker, due to your ability to take in larger hits with the new piece. But it still comes down to the amount of actives you've taken in.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I fully get the excitement from a new piece of glass.

I'll just go back to enjoying the wonderful pictures now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom