Dosing Caps?

LabPong

I am wondering about using the dosing caps like the ones from S&B. They look like aluminum..yes?

How do they effect the taste and harshness compared to not using them in various vapes?

LabPong,
Reactions: Crim

Crim

No one gets out alive
I am wondering about using the dosing caps like the ones from S&B. They look like aluminum..yes?

How do they effect the taste and harshness compared to not using them in various vapes?
I use dosing caps with my mighty almost exclusively. They keep the unit cleaner longer, easy to have them ready to go, and I have never noticed a difference in taste personally. I personally highly recommend them.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I got a Crafty on Black Friday, just as the S-B dosing caps were becoming widely available, so I got caps, caddies, and magazines. The Crafty is my main driver and I only use the caps, never use loose flower anymore. Far more convenient, fantastic for reloading in outdoors winds and cold, keeps the vape much much cleaner, and makes making kief sandwiches much easier and less messy. I've got more than a dozen vapes and now consider dosing caps a must for any new purchases--except for VapeCaps! I just got a new Fury 2--the fact that dosing caps are coming next week or so was crucial in my pulling the trigger.

When I'm out and about, I bring two of the inexpensive($5.50 with 4 caps!) S-B metal capsule caddies. One has loaded caps and one has spent caps. I like to dump out the spent cap while its still hot so I can shake any particles out of the oven and off the screen before they stick. So I dump right into the used cap caddie, and never have to touch the very hot cap. At home I use an old flattish round lens filter holder for the used caps, hot and cold.

I've been doping a long time and vaping(and not smoking) for three years. I don't notice any taste difference whatsoever. I'm also very health oriented, exercising a lot and eating good food, much of it organic and/or homegrown. The amount of aluminum one would have to ingest to have any negative health effects is simply astronomical and not likely to result from using dosing caps. At least that's my educated understanding.

Last edited:

Crim

No one gets out alive
I got a Crafty on Black Friday, just as the S-B dosing caps were becoming widely available, so I got caps, caddies, and magazines. The Crafty is my main driver and I only use the caps, never use loose flower anymore. Far more convenient, fantastic for reloading in outdoors winds and cold, keeps the vape much much cleaner, and makes making kief sandwiches much easier and less messy. I've got more than a dozen vapes and now consider dosing caps a must for any new purchases--except for VapeCaps! I just got a new Fury 2--the fact that dosing caps are coming next week or so was crucial in my pulling the trigger.

When I'm out and about, I bring two of the inexpensive S-B metal capsule caddies. One has loaded caps and one has spent caps. I like to dump out the spent cap while its still hot so I can shake any particles out of the oven and off the screen before they stick. So I dump right into the used cap caddie, and never have to touch the very hot cap. At home I use an old flattish round lens filter holder for the used caps, hot and cold.

I've been doping a long time and vaping(and not smoking) for three years. I don't notice any taste difference whatsoever. I'm also very health oriented, exercising a lot and eating good food, much of it organic and/or homegrown. The amount of aluminum one would have to ingest to have any negative health effects is simply astronomical and not likely to result from using dosing caps. At least that's my educated understanding.
Could not agree more, I love my dosing caps.

I don't have this caddy though, I only have the plastic circular holder. I will certainly be buying a couple of these caddies. :D

Also, I have the mighty not the crafty. I wonder which is generally preferred.

LabPong

It is because I have a problem with my throat and it gets irritated from many metal types in vapes...SS is the easiest on my throat. I even have some issues with Ti parts.

So I have to be super careful what I use now.

Top Bottom