• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dorm Dabbing Tips?

Galactus

So recently iv been dabbing in my dorm room and I'm pretty sure i have everything covered as far as smell goes because the last thing i'd want to do is to annoy someone else especially with my suite mate being my RA…

I lock opposite (RA's) bathroom door, then put a rug under his door, turn on the shower, turn on the bathroom fan, lock my bathroom door, put a towel under my bathroom door, put a towel under my front door, i have a candle warmer that i rotate scents off of to help cover up smell. Then i will dab and blow everything into a smoke buddy sploof. If needed i have ozium and febreeze to help deal with straggler smoke.

Any other tips or tricks i should know about?

I dont circulate air during the whole process, is that a good call? My windows don't open and idk if i should use my a/c to blow air around especially towards my front door.

Galactus,
The towel under the door trick is as old as they get. Unless your RA's vision is impaired they're going to notice a something stuffed under their bathroom door. Also using scented candles, incense or aromatherapy will demonstrate that you are trying to hide something.

But this is the wrong website for this kind of discussion.

Last edited:

SalamiCity

Haha I've vaped with RA's.

See how cool your roommates are, you might be paranoid for no reason.

Oil pens are also nice!

SalamiCity,

JoeKickass

Seriously. Oil pen + outside = win.
Oil pens are also nice!
Yup, I started on oil pens (dabbler and dr. dabber) then bought a really nice $80 domeless nail to see what I was missing. I did like how much you can hit at once, but TBH the oil pens have the same flavor and effect!

The other thing I noticed is dabbing really dirty's the water quickly compared to the pens, and it does feel a bit harder on the lungs too so I think oil pens are probably a good investment for the long term :2c:

JoeKickass,

SmokeyJihad

boofing cbd daily
Jesus.

I thought I was ballsy just vaping in my dorm last year. But dabbing?!

Sounds like an easy way to get caught if you ask me. Getting caught with a torch might also warrant additional punishment, depending on your university's rules for dorm life.

+1 for oil pen or portable vape.

TwoPageAfro

Enthusiast
Seeing how cool your suitemates are sounds like a good idea to me. Idk if I would blatantly ask unless you feel comfortable. Some RA's are cool with it as long as you don't give them a reason to enforce the rules- AKA sight, smell, etc.

If not, maybe consider moving it elsewhere. It sounds risky and could result in you getting kicked from the dorms or worse (had a roommate get caught).

And if you're set on it, good luck!

TwoPageAfro,

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
Look, your RA might be cool with paraphernalia, booze and drugs lying around. But other RAs might not be. If they come over to chat with the RA buddy and see your set up, you will be screwed.

If you're on financial aid, getting busted with marijuana or paraphernalia is the very last thing you want to do. Getting caught and convicted will ruin your fin aid, not to mention expulsion, jail time and/or probation.

NOT WORTH IT. GO OUTSIDE. BE NINJA.

SmokeyJihad

boofing cbd daily
I find vaping smells more than dabbing at higher temps.

As for RA buddies finding the stuff... It's not like he's going to be leaving shit out of his room lol....

But there's the hissing sound of the torch, which may become reasonable suspicion. If there's reasonable suspicion, the RA or campus police may have the right to search the room. Obviously an oil rig and a torch is going to be harder to conceal at that point.

Once again, not worth the risk, IMO.

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
I find vaping smells more than dabbing at higher temps.

As for RA buddies finding the stuff... It's not like he's going to be leaving shit out of his room lol....

Sure you could hide things. But, if an RA gets a sniff of that ganj' they'll be looking for something.

As a resident in a dorm, you don't have the rights a renter would have. You lose all power to refuse a search, and they will search you upon suspicion.

Denver912

Dabbing shatter or co2 oil hardly smells. Maybe blow through an old school paper towel tube filled with a bounty sheet or paper towel sprayed with febreeze. Don't be loud and if your torch clicks loud as shit go to Walmart and get a twist valve torch head propane and lighter. Play a YouTube video on ur phone/speaker while dabbing. Lock doors. Cologne and mouth wash and the vent going then shit I'd like to know how they found out. And a texting too busy to talk to anyone on the way out. Fuck it.

Denver912,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Caligula

Maximus
Dabbing shatter or co2 oil hardly smells.

@Denver912 I actually have some shatter right now that REEKS like the dankest herb ever. Even someone who doesnt know what concentrates are could tell it smells strongly of potent MJ. In fact when its loaded up in my pen, I need to keep the cart in a ziploc bag when I go out because it really lets off some smell especially after use.

Anyway its the method of extraction that is the real factor in how much a concentrate smells.

Bouldorado

Sure you could hide things. But, if an RA gets a sniff of that ganj' they'll be looking for something.

As a resident in a dorm, you don't have the rights a renter would have. You lose all power to refuse a search, and they will search you upon suspicion.

That's not true in all cases. At my university you could refuse a search but that would result in the [university] police being called if the RA was truly suspicious. Even the police required a warranty, which is difficult to obtain without concrete evidence, so most room searches were conducted with the compliance of the resident.

Quick story: when I was in the dorms my roommates and I were drinking a 6-pack. The RA was walking to the bathroom and heard, no joke, some bottles clinking together. This prompted him to knock on the door with the request "to look around your room because I think heard the sounds of drinking". We stashed the rest of the 6-pack, but he found a single, empty beer can in the trash. This resulted in the 3 of us each receiving 20 hrs of community service and some other bullshit sanctions (such as a 5 pg paper on the dangers of drinking).

Bouldorado,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

TwoPageAfro

Enthusiast
@Bouldorado

You are correct. In many colleges like the one I went to, you could not consent to a search. If you do decline then the campus PD will show up and do what's called a "plain view" search if they have reasonable suspicion. They still need a warrant to search your belongings though.

Denver912

@Denver912 I actually have some shatter right now that REEKS like the dankest herb ever. Even someone who doesnt know what concentrates are could tell it smells strongly of potent MJ. In fact when its loaded up in my pen, I need to keep the cart in a ziploc bag when I go out because it really lets off some smell especially after use.

Anyway its the method of extraction that is the real factor in how much a concentrate smells.
Id agree. Lol if it's funky as fuck smoke that shit outside. Prolly good shit if it's loud shatter.

Denver912,
Reactions: Caligula
Top Bottom