Don't forget: sign petition to Obama to fire DEA head for calling Medical MJ "a joke"

fernand

The DEA chief called medical marijuana ‘a joke.’ Now patients are calling for his resignation.

https://www.change.org/p/obama-fire-dea-head-for-calling-medical-marijuana-a-joke

Sign it and pass it on. 35,964 supporters so far. Let's get 100,000!

The irony is that because of the well-documented cannabinoid "entourage effect", it is PRECISELY not the isolated "extracts or constituents", that Mr Rosenberg is allowing might have "promise", but the natural form of the Cannabis plant, the "joke" which he calls "bad and dangerous", that is at this time showing the richest therapeutic effects.

For what? Let's see: Atherosclerosis, Neuropathies, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Depression, Brain Cancer (glioma), Lung Cancer, neuroprotective as per the United States Government's own Patent (US6630507) in Stroke, Heart Attack, Alzheimer's, Parkinsonism, MS and Dementia. For starters. The very diseases that are killing us and that we have least been able to treat.

Oh, and Epilepsy. Just scratching the surface, because it's recently been discovered that our bodies produce THC-like compounds, that our whole immune and nervous systems are regulated by a built-in "endocannabinoid system" that Cannabis interacts with.

Surprised? Since 1944 when the La Guardia Committee found that Cannabis is neither dangerous nor addicting, medical evidence has been ignored and suppressed. Already in 1975 THC was shown to combat lung cancer in animals. Instead of following up, 40 years of govt-funded projects were directed to muddy the waters and demonstrate alleged devastating effects of Cannabis on users. No luck. The users seem, if anything, healthier than average.

Outside the US, Cannabinoid research is on a chain reaction. Cannabis seems to be leading the world towards some of the greatest pharmacological discoveries of this century. No joke.

What about the US ? Well, last year, in 2014, one year, US taxpayers paid for 700,993 arrests for Cannabis, of which 619,808 for possession alone.

The criminalization of Marijuana has served a tragic purpose: filling our prisons. Especially with African-americans, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, anyone the arresting officers wanted to target. Given the unlimited power, budgets and job security at stake, abuses were inevitable.

Enough. We demand that our public servants serve the public. Or at least get out of the way.

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Fucking hell, how do these people keep ending up in this position in 2015?

He says he's not an expert, that he's never tried MJ, yet absolutely sure it has no medicinal value and is inherently dangerous.

Signed.

zor

"It's easy money, easy jobs, especially when ya [make the laws]". The US prison economy needs to be destroyed and rebuilt, they aren't used for rehabilitation and correction as much as they are purported to do so. I think John Oliver had a great segment on reintroducing past offenders back into society and the steep challenges they face, it's just yet another facet to how criminally (pun) capitalistic and inhumane our penal system is. Marijuana is so prevalent and a threat to some very powerful industries that it's a simple cash cow. It's disgusting to think of how people profit off of this, hopefully this petition helps keep building the momentum needed to disrupt this awful system.

Signed, but I need to find another outlet where I can actually help more proactively. Spreading awareness is good, I'm loathe to admit it but feel we need solidarity within legislators and politicians to actually enact anything, and the cynic in me has no expectations if this petition makes it to Obama's desk.

Thanks for sharing this, sorry about my diatribe

fernand

WoW, Go! Thanks & spread the word, looks like we might well be passing
the 75,000 signature mark tonight!

It's so cool watching that page and refreshing it, say every ten seconds, watching the count go up!

And the tragic side, that THEY made over 700,000 - not signatures - but life-ruining brutal arrests last year alone.

How is it possible, that all of this misery was sown mainly by one fanatic, Harry Anslinger, who convinced naive traditionalist do-gooders that he will make the world a better place by killing off or locking up all the Mexicans, Blacks, Puerto Ricans etc, who make Satanic music when they take that dope! He apparently also said that when they smoke that evil weed, Blacks think they're as good as Whites!

Last edited:
fernand,
Reactions: Roth

woolspinner

The DEA chief called medical marijuana ‘a joke.’ Now patients are calling for his resignation.

https://www.change.org/p/obama-fire-dea-head-for-calling-medical-marijuana-a-joke

Sign it and pass it on. 35,964 supporters so far. Let's get 100,000!

The irony is that because of the well-documented cannabinoid "entourage effect", it is PRECISELY not the isolated "extracts or constituents", that Mr Rosenberg is allowing might have "promise", but the natural form of the Cannabis plant, the "joke" which he calls "bad and dangerous", that is at this time showing the richest therapeutic effects.

For what? Let's see: Atherosclerosis, Neuropathies, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Depression, Brain Cancer (glioma), Lung Cancer, neuroprotective as per the United States Government's own Patent (US6630507) in Stroke, Heart Attack, Alzheimer's, Parkinsonism, MS and Dementia. For starters. The very diseases that are killing us and that we have least been able to treat.

Oh, and Epilepsy. Just scratching the surface, because it's recently been discovered that our bodies produce THC-like compounds, that our whole immune and nervous systems are regulated by a built-in "endocannabinoid system" that Cannabis interacts with.

Surprised? Since 1944 when the La Guardia Committee found that Cannabis is neither dangerous nor addicting, medical evidence has been ignored and suppressed. Already in 1975 THC was shown to combat lung cancer in animals. Instead of following up, 40 years of govt-funded projects were directed to muddy the waters and demonstrate alleged devastating effects of Cannabis on users. No luck. The users seem, if anything, healthier than average.

Outside the US, Cannabinoid research is on a chain reaction. Cannabis seems to be leading the world towards some of the greatest pharmacological discoveries of this century. No joke.

What about the US ? Well, last year, in 2014, one year, US taxpayers paid for 700,993 arrests for Cannabis, of which 619,808 for possession alone.

The criminalization of Marijuana has served a tragic purpose: filling our prisons. Especially with African-americans, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, anyone the arresting officers wanted to target. Given the unlimited power, budgets and job security at stake, abuses were inevitable.

Enough. We demand that our public servants serve the public. Or at least get out of the way.

Signed, although curious to know why this is a change.or petition and not a white house petition? Anyone know?

woolspinner,

fernand

I dunno. I stumbled across this. There was someone who tried to redirect it to whitehouse but the numbers were already building on this one.

fernand,

C No Ego

the smarter the people get ( actual reproducible science) the dumber the politicians look when they lie or speak when they do not know and wing it or say what they have received money to say. when someone can get on google and see one in one thousand examples that the dude just lied to the world, well where does the trust go?????

C No Ego,

Nok21

Signed. Such bullshit. May as well have said "The sky is green". :rofl: Pun intended, also a jive at his belief that modern medicine, science, and people suffering from terrible illnesses are all wrong.

Its scary to think that the head of the DEA is not up to date on modern medicine, nor a believer in it. I hope he loses his position and isn't just forced to say a fake "I'm sorry" on television. :myday:

fernand

I don't know what's most effective, and I don't like the way change.org piles on countless other petitions, but this related and sensible petition is gathering support quickly.

It's to allow the research they keep saying we need, but that they somehow always block!

The people and the States are apparently way ahead. Most everybody is figuring out that Cannabis is miraculous medicine for human suffering. All we need is for the US gov't to get out of the way.

May as well sign it !

https://www.change.org/p/make-it-ea..._84PPJX3aSYQma7b5XM1bY/bX7IzvYFazvrLlQCgD24c=

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Congressman Calls For DEA Chief's Removal
Posted by CN Staff on November 18, 2015 at 19:05:11 PT
By Mollie Reilly, Deputy Politics Editor

Source: Huffington Post

Washington, D.C. -- Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) said Wednesday that acting Drug Enforcement Administration chief Chuck Rosenberg should be replaced after calling the notion of smoking marijuana for medical purposes a "joke."
"Rosenberg is clearly not the right fit for the DEA in this administration," Blumenauer said during a speech on the House floor Wednesday morning.

Read More...
(2 Comments)

Signed it - I will be keeping my fingers crossed that this yo yo loses his job. OK smart guy maybe you should start looking for a new job. Looks like your true colors were revealed.
CK

Last edited:

fernand

Wow! We just passed 100,000 5 hours ago.

And it's actually possible to get a rational point heard these days! I don't suppose anyone is up for an intellectually honest debate about ... trimming some dead weight bureaucracies?

Actually it seems they've seen the writing on the wall about cannabis, and so they've been shifting focus, attacking chronic pain patients and their doctors. I follow the medical press and you wouldn't believe the panic they are sowing. It's a deluge of BS about how doctors are forcing narcotics on anyone with a scratch, how everybody who ever takes a vicodin gets addicted, how 9/10 of the nation is strung out on oxycodone, how they're dropping like flies, time to put some MORE controls on the docs, yadda yadda yadda.

There are apparently a lot of simple people who can be fooled into supporting enforcers with statistics that show people are dying, with the implication that if we just support their budgets and abuses, they will make it so people no longer die ???

Last edited:
fernand,
Reactions: 1DMF

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Wow it was only 82k yesterday when I looked - I forwarded the petition to my family to get them to sign it and now it's hit the target - woohoo :clap:

Though these days, I would have to agree with him that smoking cannabis for any reason is a joke.

Coz you got to be joking if you think I'm ever going to be smoking anything ever again thanks to F.C. :rockon:

1DMF,

fernand

There was a great post about how people are (still) so afraid to stick their necks out, how based on the number of card-carrying people it should be 29 Million. How true.

I wonder what the mainstream press will do with the "presention of the signatures" event? Wasn't it yesterday? Are the going to bury it?

fernand,
Top Bottom