Done research, still unsure - Safety important

rostle

Hey guys! So I've spent a lot of time looking into my options for a vaporizer under ~$200, but I still can't decide.

I used to have a vaporgenie but it's become clogged with flint dust and resin, so I'm looking to upgrade.

Due to the issue I had with the VG I am looking to completely ensure safety with the next unit I purchase.

I want something that could realistically be used by two people, that is completely and totally safe to use, even multiple times daily, and hopefully that gives me some control over the thickness of the vapor itself.

I was looking at the VaporBros, DBV, and MFLB. I'd love a PD but I don't want to wait 5 weeks.

What do you all think? The VaporBros issues (like the angle and the circulation coming from the bottom) concern me, and I was hoping to keep it as cheap as possible. The MFLB is tiny and uses batteries, so I'm not sure if it would be suitable, and while the DBV is often touted as being safe, how can I really be certain? This is very important to me so I really want to be sure I'm getting the right model.

Thank you so much for your help in advance, I greatly appreciate any contribution toward my purchasing decision.

rostle,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
If youre somewhat handy with tools, I'd recommend checking out the purple days pandora kit. It allows you to avoid the nasty waiting line. Also, it's quite easy and turns out to be an enjoyable experience as it helps you understand how the vape works in case there was ever to be a malfunction. These vapes are ridiculously reliable and safe.

The magic flight launch box is another ridiculously reliable and safe vape, although its best use is personal use. I have gotten 3 people on it before but it's a bit of a hassle and take some time.

The Dbv is an outstanding vaporizer for multiple people and Industrial sized hits. Only problem with the Dbv is that you would be letting go of the insane efficiency the PD and the mflb have to offer.. This also applies to the vapor bros.

They're all different in their own ways and have their purposes depending on your situation. All the the vapes you have listed are top qualit vaporizers that stress vaporizer safety. I wouldn't worry about any of these four being "unsafe".

HighSti,

Nycdeisel

They are all totally different, and you need to understand that its hard to compare totally different TYPES of units, since they each do their own thing.
Right now, I have a MFLB, a DBV, and a PD. Before I had my DBV, I had a VB and the DBV blows it right out of the water IMHO. The VB and DBV are both whip type vapes(So I can compare the two), but the DBV also has a better wand angle and a clean air path, which the VB does not have.

The MFLB is really the lowest priced unit that is still safe and of high quality, its also the best portable.

I think the PD(out of the 3 I have) has THE most pure, untainted taste of them all, since there is no plastic tubing hose, and its very direct.

You should consider a MyrtleZap(MZ) if you like the PD, they are very similar in many ways but of course not the exact same, and its slightly cheaper with a much faster shipping time. However one of the main features of the PD and MZ is that there are no settings(no temperature adjustment), so you wont be able to change it the way you want.
Do this process of elimination with different kinds of vapes, to narrow it down to exactly what YOU want in a vape.

Though if you like vaporizing enough, you would really have multiple vapes(but I understand this is not possible for everyone) over time.

good luck! I hope you find what you want.

Nycdeisel,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I used to have a vaporgenie but it's become clogged with flint dust and resin, so I'm looking to upgrade.

Try switching to a torch lighter. They burn cleaner, and don't use a flint. You should be able to "clean" you ceramic vg filter by heating it until its red hot with the torch.

As far as the safest vape to use (of the few you mentioned) I would say the pd fits the bill the best. You can get glass stems for the pd, look for clear domes thread, or store on etsy. Load one for you and another for your friend.

Dbv has a whip, although whips are food grade safe, they can still add some extra flavor to your herb. Not sure why this happens, but if you can eliminate this variable it's one less thing to worry about.

Mflb uses batteries - not the safest thing for the planet. keep in mind even recharchables have a lifespan. This has nothing to do with how safe the vapor is for ingestion though.

Btw, no matter what vape you pick, water filtration may help you have a 'safer' experience.

My recommendation for the safest vape out there is the glass vape or the vapocane because the only thing that touches your herb is glass and hot air.

notmyrealUSERname,

rostle

Thank you all for your input!

Yeah, the style itself really isn't terribly important to me, which is why I listed several different varieties. As long as I receive a reliable, safe, and (relatively) efficient machine, I don't care about the other aspects as much.

I'm almost sold on either the VB or DBV. If you guys are sure of the safety of the DBV (not to sound paranoid, but I take the issue very seriously) despite the outsourcing that occurs (which I know is not inherently negative), I'll probably go ahead and order that. Still, for some reason the box design of the VB is attractive to me. I could also just buy MFLB for the time being and get something else, like the SSV, when I have a bit more cash to spend. I want to own several eventually. I'm really just flip flopping here. : P

I'll give it a night's rest and let my subconscious mull it over, check back here for any more replies, and then place the order I think is best.

Thanks again! Really digging these forums. You guys are a nice crowd.

rostle,

Nycdeisel

I had a VB, and replaced it with a DBV and I am so much happier. For one the VB DOES NOT have a clean air path, it goes through all of the electronics and with the air intake on the bottom, it can even suck up other particulate matter.I highly reccomend getting the DBV, the air path is ALL glass(remember to differentiate between air path and vapor path, they are so very different).

The DBV has a lot more going for it, since the BEST whip type vapes are the DBV and SSV(they are very similar so if you dont have the extra $$ then the DBV is still a great choice)

PS: I have also noticed that the wand for the DBV is much thicker glass then that for the VB, not to mention the VB uses a nichrome wire(shitty ass heating element, dies out easier then other types) that cant be cleaned, and since the angle makes it easy for herb to fall into the heating element and EVEN INTO THE INTERNALS because of the design.

I hope this changed your mind.

Nycdeisel,

rostle

Yes, I'd really, really like a DBV.

I'm still nervous about it for some reason, though. The seal between the heater and electronic parts is air tight? The glass is pure and high quality? The aluminum similarly well constructed and thus confers no minute particles of its own into the air path? If this is all true then I feel my decision has been made. : )

rostle,

Nycdeisel

It is for sure the safest you will find of that type of vape, the SSV may ease your mind a bit, since its all made in the US, but they are both very similar.

When you first turn it on, it needs to be set on the highest setting and left on for at least 20 minutes(to burn off any manufacturing oils and residues), after that I suggest that you turn it off, let it cool down, then remove the heater cover and wash it thoroughly with alcohol, let dry and put it back on. Its also a good idea to clean all of the parts of the whip before use as well, if your serious about it being clean and safe.

You should look into vapor bonging, you can buy GonG adapters from 7th Floor for cheap for either 14 or 18, and you dont need more then a simple tube or beaker, really, unless you have a nice piece or are looking to spend a bit on a higher end piece. The reason I say you should look into this is because there is a lot of particulate plant matter that can pass through the screen, but even very basic water diffusion would catch these large particles.

Nycdeisel,

nr-cole

People are saying that with the new power adapter, the MFLB is much more viable option when it comes to sharing than it has been previously. Still, you'll probably end up dealing with waiting again to get the PA so I don't know. Currently my only vape is the Iolite, though I have a glass VG on the way, which I plan on only using with a torch lighter.

nr-cole,

Nycdeisel

wait until the MFLB PA is officially released, right now even the test units are a 3 week wait!

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom