Does vaping more always make you higher?

vapeguy

I often feel like after vaping so much I hit a ceiling and don't get higher by vaping more even though I'd want to so I stop vaping since it seems vaping beyond that point is wasted.

Does this make sense? Do you really no longer get higher after vaping so much (I'm not talking any large amounts, like .2-.5)?

Thanks

Baron23

I often feel like after vaping so much I hit a ceiling and don't get higher by vaping more even though I'd want to so I stop vaping since it seems vaping beyond that point is wasted.

Does this make sense? Do you really no longer get higher after vaping so much (I'm not talking any large amounts, like .2-.5)?

Thanks
Not really sure but there is a finite number of THC receptors in your brain so perhaps....although I have been baked in the far past to the point of almost hallucinating! LOL

Do you think you are getting top quality herb? Also in the far past, I think I could smoke a ton of Mexican brick grass and only get so high cause the stuff wasn't very good.

Cheers

C No Ego

Thanks

well a few things- your tolerance to a particular strain determines the high from said strain. after vaping one strain you will not feel the effects over time as much. this is overcome by using different strains regularly to mix it up... plus you will plateau at a certain level of high and then need to wait hours for your receptors to be able to absorb again. once your receptor capacity is full after a vape session the cannabinoids in the receptors will suffice until they are sent through your endocannabinoid system. you can alter this some by using different strains but your receptors can only absorb a certain amount regardless at any given moment.

C No Ego,
Reactions: Ricardo

Doktor Dub

I think i know what you mean and feel the same way.

The first session with a vaporiser works pretty good most of the Time, but adding to this effects not so often / easy.

That felt quite different for me with smoking and is the main difficulty for making the switch i think.

Perhaps it just shows that there is a healthy amount of being high and as a smoker it s easy to loose the feel for what is good for you...

Of course this may be very subjective and a personal Thing.

BadDog No

Of course switching strains is the best way to change things up, but I've noticed switching vapes helps as well. It's probably mostly in my head though. I have expectations of certain highs associated with each vape based on previous experience which of course colors the present experience. All of which is fine since the whole process is quite pleasurable. Maybe sometimes a little too pleasurable...Think I'll head over to the microdosing thread for some inspiration. :lol:

Ricardo

@Vape guy - I had pretty much the same question a while back and got pretty much the same answers - if you like you can find the thread here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/high-only-once-a-day.18540/
What I have found is that if my first session is at a fairly low temparature - say 190ºC, I can usually get a good buzz later on using either fresh weed or light ABV at close to max temps. Doesn't always work though and it sometimes seems like a waste of herb :peace:

C No Ego

I think i know what you mean and feel the same way.

The first session with a vaporiser works pretty good most of the Time, but adding to this effects not so often / easy.

That felt quite different for me with smoking and is the main difficulty for making the switch i think.

Perhaps it just shows that there is a healthy amount of being high and as a smoker it s easy to loose the feel for what is good for you...

Of course this may be very subjective and a personal Thing.

my last vape broke down and I combusted a few days- it sucked and I was tired and lazy lethargic feeling. not a clean high at all. now i have a new vape and its OK!

C No Ego,

Baron23

Of course switching strains is the best way to change things up, but I've noticed switching vapes helps as well. It's probably mostly in my head though. I have expectations of certain highs associated with each vape based on previous experience which of course colors the present experience. All of which is fine since the whole process is quite pleasurable. Maybe sometimes a little too pleasurable...Think I'll head over to the microdosing thread for some inspiration. :lol:
I agree....particulary the differences between say a bag vape and a GH or a Vapcap, just for example. Very different signature. Good point and one I had not thought of.

C No Ego

I agree....particulary the differences between say a bag vape and a GH or a Vapcap, just for example. Very different signature. Good point and one I had not thought of.
I've read where the vapcap is more like a couch lock which favors those people who transition from combustion...

Baron23

I've read where the vapcap is more like a couch lock which favors those people who transition from combustion...
Wow, I love my Vapcaps, and my Volcano, and my GH, and my....LOL

The Vapcap certainly hits hard and would probably be a very good transition for folks who want to quit smoking cannabis. But the couch lock thing...well, that seems to me to depend more on what's in it than the vape. Fill that sucker with high energy Sativa and you are going to get a Sativa experience.

Cheers

Last edited:

Squiby

The Vapcap is now my daily driver because of so many positive factors; easy to load, clean and maintain. It is tiny and unobtrusive. Respect the heat regulating clicking cap and never combust. Delivers smooth cool vapor. IMO, it is the best vape on the market.

Couch lock? Nope. I vape Sativas during the day for the energy they provide. I only experience couch lock when I vape a heavy Indica at night.

I will say that those wanting to fuck combustion may favor the Vapcap. It looks like an exceptionally attractive cigarette; same shape and size. It also has a pleasing ritual that enhances the vaping experience.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Switching using different strains and vaporizers can help with tolerance issues. Your body gets used to the same cannabis all the time. I use several different strains. Just my experience over the years.

Yes usually there is a ceiling as to how high you can get. I have gotten too medicated where I didn't feel well. A feel like I could pass out.

Last edited:

stinkytofus

Try different vapes, different strands, and use a finer grinder, start from lower temp to higher temps too

Plus once a day should be plenty imo lol

stinkytofus,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Also some strains have low ceilings and some high. DJ Short talks about this alot. Might be worth checking out some of his strains .. original blueberry, flo etc

VapourHaze,

VapourHaze

You're welcome .. hope its useful for you, Dj's highly regarded and you can trace his work way back so at least you know what youre actually dealing with.

VapourHaze,

Ricardo

I know, sorry I was trying to transmit my brainwaves, haven't perfected the technique yet. :brow: What I meant was that, if you read the quoted article
icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=136452
the guy explains his categorization system and it goes deeper and deeper and more complex....... And that reminded me of the movie "Inception" :leaf:
That DJ must be some sort of legend! The amount of knowledge and experience is truly awesome!

Last edited:

VapourHaze

Ahh thanks for the clarification! Yes DJs been in the game as long as anyone. His son has taken the gauntlet over now .. oldworld genetics

VapourHaze,
Top Bottom