Does vaping have same benefit as taking oils?

dave123

As a user of cbd tincture oils under the tongue it got me wondering if im still getting all the benefits of the vapour plus the thc with all the cannabinoids that you get in the cannabis oils...

In other words is vaping good for you?

dave123,

Vaporware

For me, vaporizing helps, and so do edibles/tinctures, but the effects are not the same and the duration is much shorter for vaping.

If I can I prefer to do both at once at night, and that generally gets me through the next day without noticeable mental effects but with a lot less pain. If you want to use it all day, you'll have to see how functional you are on either/both, but I do think that (at least for me) the benefits of using both together are greater than using either alone.

If you ever need immediate relief of symptoms, vaporizing is also a great option to have for that.

However, if you get everything you need from tinctures for your specific issues, vaporizing may be completely optional for you. I'm not aware of any huge benefits of vaping as an ingestion method.

If you're actually using only CBD tinctures but vaporizing THC, then I'd say yes getting some THC along with the CBD is likely to work better than the CBD by itself. I also think pure THC alone is less useful than whole plant extracts or a mix of THC/CBD.

Basically, since you're already doing both I'd say test using them together and individually for yourself and see what works best for you, and try to stay out of trouble if you're not in a THC friendly place. In that case sticking to CBD for a while and pushing for legalization may be a good option.

Vaporware,
Reactions: uncanni

uncanni

As a user of cbd tincture oils under the tongue it got me wondering if im still getting all the benefits of the vapour plus the thc with all the cannabinoids that you get in the cannabis oils...

Hi dave, In my experience, vaping and tinctures are very different. I've been taking home made cannabis tincture for 6 months, and it has helped my health in so many ways. Vaping never had any kind of impact on my health except for giving immediate relief from stress and pain.

uncanni,

wkndwarrior

With back issues I sort of look at vaping (micro dose) as a replacement and improvement over 800mg ibuprofen (or stronger) without destroying my liver. I have also tried various oils that mostly made me more sleepy but also have that whole body effect. At least one was super potent though so it really depended.

wkndwarrior,
Reactions: Vaporware

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist

just to clarify, a tincture does not use oil, it is an extraction into either alcohol or glycerine.
edible oils and be taken orally, but are not tinctures.

predicated on what your source is for cannabis oils (edible I'm assuming, including concentrates), the mix of cannabinoids and terpenes can vary greatly. General rule of thumb, if you're shooting for pain relief in particular, add in some THC with the CBD, doesn't have to be a lot, but the combination is much more effective than either alone.
This is part of what's known as the entourage effect. The mix of cannabinoids, including terpenes all contribute to this effect synergistically. I think generally folks start seeing more effect around an 8:1 ratio of CBD:THC, I use a 4:1 all the time, and for cancer 1:1.
This is why I recommend whole plant extracts rather than distillates (unless they maintain the fingerprint of the flower used).

I use vaping for breakthrough pain and as an extra nudge with an edible.
It doesn't last very long for me, but it's helpful while it's there.
As for vaping being 'good for you', next to oral, sublingual or transdermal pathways, it's probably the least damaging to your health (the alternative being blazing one or bong hits).

apologies to @VaporWare, I shoulda checked previous posts. so, yeah, what HE said! :)

looney2nz,
Reactions: Vaporware
Top Bottom