• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Does using Cannabis make you feel tired/lazy/foggy the next day?

Does yesterday's Cannabis use affect you today?

• Yes, always.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Yes, but only if I vaporize too late (regardless of amount).

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Yes, but only if I vaporize too much (any time of day).

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Yes, but only if I vaporize too much and too late.

Votes: 53 37.3%
  • No.

Votes: 45 31.7%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Other (Note that you chose this option, and explain further in your post.)

Votes: 8 5.6%

• Total voters

EverythingsHazy

Simple question... When you use Cannabis one day, do you feel tired/foggy/lazy the next day?

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: BD9

Baron23

Concentrates will tend to make me a bit foggy the next morning. Not herb.

Baron23,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
It used to but doesn't seem to anymore.

It used to make my eyes hot, itchy and red but doesn't do that anymore either.

I'm only referring to dry herb though as I haven't tried out concentrates yet.

GreenHopper,
Reactions: JCat

TwistedGray

Only with edibles because it's late when I consume them, and they will reside in my system when I wake up. In those cases I'd be groggy until the middle of the day and not a fun groggy...just groggy.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have to be more careful with edibles giving me that foggy feeling in the morning. I've had an edible and it made me feel medicated for more than 24 hours. The high was too high initially and the next day I was really tired and had to go to work and drive. Luckily I live fairly close to work.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Never felt 'off' the following day after vaping or even when I used to smoke. I don't do edibles and I don't do concentrates very often though. Concentrates have never left me feeling 'off' the next day either.

howie105

For those of you who voted "No", are you daily users? I wonder if daily users who voted "No", are always somewhat more tired/foggy than they'd be if they took several days off, and using everyday just makes that feel
like the norm.

Normally, I hit up a .03g to .05g load before bed which I seem to sleep off overnight. On days off with the right mix of folks consumption can start in the morning and run all day long which means I can wake up the next day pre-baked. On those days if I am out and about the haze burns off in a few hours and I feel and react as straight as usual. So I think it comes down to tolerance, metabolism, activity levels, bud quality, you know all those consumption variables we all deal with.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
For those of you who voted "No", are you daily users? I wonder if daily users who voted "No", are always somewhat more tired/foggy than they'd be if they took several days off, and using everyday just makes that feel like the norm.

I thought about that premise. In my case I would still answer "no".

I get happy every day and have been for over 4 decades. Once I got more responsible (or should I say had to move out and pay my own bills) I stopped getting happy before getting the day's to-do's out of the way and that includes weekends. So I typically don't have my first session before 7:30pm and will have a second session an hour before bed. I wake ready to hit-it-n-git-it each morning without being foggy and instead of cannabis making me groggy in the morning .... I think it allows me to get a good night's sleep and contributes to me being well rested instead. So...cannabis is probably contributing to me being the opposite of groggy the next morning.

The only time I can remember waking foggy due to cannabis was when I met up with the local FC crew one night and we vaped till the room itself was white walled. I could have stopped vaping and just breathed naturally to get a buzz since the entire room was de-carbed :tup:

BD9

If I remember this right, it seemed 20-25 years ago when I smoked I would wake up feeling groggy/hung over. At that time it was party time.
Now, I'm more conscious of how much I ingest. I've vaped more than usual before bed after a stressful day or a day when my pain was high and have woken feeling refreshed and more ready to get on with the day than normal.

Wow, that was long way to get there, but my answer to the poll question is "No". :)
Every one is different though. So I expect the answers to be quite random.

hinglemccringleberry

Only indirectly from lack of sleep. If I use it too late and have to be up early the next day, that can be trouble. Even the heaviest indica will wind up my brain and delay bedtime. Any grogginess the next day is from lack of sleep induced by using too late, but not by the cannabis directly.

Edibles and concentrates are a different story, they can affect me directly but that's why I avoid them like the plague.

Last edited:

TwistedGray

The problem with this thread in particular and/or threads like it is the vagueness. For example, there is a difference between dry herb, concentrates, and edibles. So without being specific you're going to get a WHOLE LOT of different, unrelated responses.

TwistedGray,

HighSeasSailor

Not in the slightest and never has. I've always considered this one of the real perks of cannabis even for recreation.

I could see myself feeling shitty the next day if I spent all night huffing on a gravity bong like I did as a kid, but I think that has more to do with the toxins inhaled from smoke - and oxygen deprivation - than the cannabinoids it contains.

If anything, the opposite is true. I've always found myself better rested after a peaceful night of cannabis sleep.

Baron23

I thought about that premise. In my case I would still answer "no".

I get happy every day and have been for over 4 decades. Once I got more responsible (or should I say had to move out and pay my own bills) I stopped getting happy before getting the day's to-do's out of the way and that includes weekends. So I typically don't have my first session before 7:30pm and will have a second session an hour before bed. I wake ready to hit-it-n-git-it each morning without being foggy and instead of cannabis making me groggy in the morning .... I think it allows me to get a good night's sleep and contributes to me being well rested instead. So...cannabis is probably contributing to me being the opposite of groggy the next morning.

The only time I can remember waking foggy due to cannabis was when I met up with the local FC crew one night and we vaped till the room itself was white walled. I could have stopped vaping and just breathed naturally to get a buzz since the entire room was de-carbed :tup:
I can relate entirely. Do and feel the same.

Now edibles do tend to hang me over a bit...just sluggish the next morning.

Cheers

zor

For those of you who voted "No", are you daily users? I wonder if daily users who voted "No", are always somewhat more tired/foggy than they'd be if they took several days off, and using everyday just makes that feel like the norm.

I voted no.

I'm a pretty heavy user by my standards, sometimes going through a gram of flower and some shatter in a night, chasing flavor mostly. Sometimes I'll pre-empt with some edibles. I always sleep best after using cannabis, and if I get 6+ hours I'm golden the next morning, able to get up and go to the gym or head into work with a fresh mind.

If I sleep less than 6 hours or so, however, shit begins to fall apart! I also have sleep apnea and grind my teeth so I get to wear a bunch of crap on my face, which I still haven't really gotten used to fully.

vapirtoo

Too much, too late and the high is still slightly there.
The one time I had edibles , the following morning going to a track meet was not an optimum situation. Thank god by noon I was back to normal.

herbivore21

I definitely know if I over did it late at night the next day. It's kinda like a fuzzy after glow which I don't mind.
This is how I see it too. I only experience this if I've had a lot of concentrate or flower before bed. If I've had enough flower to feel foggy the next morning, typically I notice this less than the sore throat that I will also inevitably have from too much flower vaping ;)

RedRoxsSons

I feel like it has to do with how tired I feel, and I how much I inhale, and usually I will just feel a bit more tired/groggy than usually, but ultimately is it far less severe than a hang over from excessive drinking.

Jen

I'm pretty conscious of not overdoing it, so I luckily haven't felt groggy the next day. I love it, not having to worry about a hangover! And I haven't really noticed it affecting my daily run, either. Another score.

Burt

This is the only problem with vaporizing for me, and one I had intended to start such a thread about at some point.

I never had any morning-after effect from combustion, ever. But now I'm vaporizing, I'm able to feel the effects for almost 24 hours. It's not that I feel high the next day necessarily, just that some fuzzy aspect of the high subtly persists, regardless of how baked I was the night before.

Sure, the quantity and time make a difference, but I don't feel totally sharp until about 5pm the next day, regardless of whether it was a quick bowl after dinner or a session lasting into the wee hours.

adamster

I don't notice this condition, I find I am more tired on the weekends than ever before. Daily work I motivate myself to keep healthy, not to be lethargic. I do know the feeling you are describing though it's at this point where I try and take a day or 2 off.

Top Bottom