1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Does one miss the clouds?

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by DanAndroid, Dec 20, 2013.

1. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

In terms of efficiency and maximizing your stash, you should take smaller hits and be sure no visible vapour comes out. Exhaling until you see a wisp of vapour and then inhaling new air and holding your breath ensures more oxigen gets into the lungs to assimilate the remainder cannabinoids.

Then there is the psychological factor from our pre-vaporizing days, where you exhaled a big lungfull. Plus, don't forget that big hits are usually more felt on the throat and give that rush of having your lungs filled to the brim with vapour and then letting it fog the room.

On the other hand, there is the visual aid that clouds give you, allowing you to have a way to evaluate the thickness of the hit and the dosing you are receiving, like T-Dub said.
    You can use a bubbler for a similar, although not exactly the same, effect.

And finally, a predominantely convection vaporizer gives more vapour output than a predominantely conduction vaporizer, and a vaporizer that can maintain a steady temperature for longer draw times is able to produce bigger hits. So, the ability to produce big clouds is also a good measure of the quality of the experience you will get with a specific vaporizer.

Now, how you choose to vaporize it is entirely up to you. Sometimes i hold it in, sometimes i don't.

But, if i had unlimited quantities of herbs, i would produce big clouds most of the time though.

It is just more fun! :D

2. mvapes

mvapes Surrounded by the healthy!

I agree with vorrange - it's becoming more and more apparent that big clouds aren't typically necessary to achieve maximum efficiency . If you can get complete extraction with lung busting hits than what's the purpose of dense clouds aside from personal satisfaction?

I think this is an interesting time for vaporists. We're going to start seeing the real balance of technology versus muscle.

Herbie has proven it.

3. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

No. I just want my medicine to get into my body to help my pain, inflammation, nausea and vomiting. IMO, clouds are wasting my medicine.

Solomon, Deja Vu, MinnBobber and 5 others like this.
  4. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Bingo! I'm all about being personally satisfied. :cheers:

:peace:

5. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced it's a waste, Vicki. I get higher with clouds than without.

Jahannum, Hoops, Quetzalcoatl and 5 others like this.
  6. mvapes

mvapes Surrounded by the healthy!

I guess that did come out wrong. What I meant was, if you can get just as medicated without the heavy clouds, then what else would you need them for?

But seriously Stu, thanks for pointing it out.

:lol::D:D

7. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I am in a cloud of fat rips right now and giggling like a school gal. So yeah, <3 cloudz.

8. johnnyblaze805

johnnyblaze805 Certified Dankologist

Vapor bongin with my buddha produces fat ass clouds!! Minus the nasty shit!!!:tup:

9. crawdad

crawdad floatin

ive always vaped with a little bit of combust mixed in from time to time (still) and sometimes i do crave ridiculous clouds, like "why is it so hard to see in here?" but i also dont like the waste so to minimize that i will take the abv and either vape near combust or just combust a few to get that "big cloud feels". i think the sudden intake (not just seeing the clouds) has an effect although its quite temporary ime vs being efficient about it. so, its about mixing it up for me.

tiukauleh and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  10. kahlilhc

kahlilhc Serial Vapist

Solo at 7(210c) ...............CLOUDS

Detonator and CarolKing like this.
  11. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Ok, here's the deal.

If you were in the cockpit of a 747, would you rather be flying around in a cloudless sky or would you like to be flying through this:

[​IMG]

CarolKing, kahlilhc and vorrange like this.
  12. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Personally, I would love to be able to look down on the land and features of the Earth....things like the Grand Canyon, etc. :)

CarolKing and DDave like this.
  13. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Me too.....................through the clouds. ;)

vorrange and DDave like this.
  14. bumdiggy84

bumdiggy84 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that the extreme Q was not the right vaoporizer for you... it has completely changed my life.... especially when I found a water tool... it's the one that is use with the pinnacle Pro.... it eliminates the whip and the bag, virtually no maintenance, and the clouds are as thick and big as you can possibly fill your lungs... just like the combusting days

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EFRP3SI/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.com/14-4-mm-Micro-shower-Water-Tool-Attachment.html

This set up along with a Firefly is VAPING HEAVEN!!! :mmmm:

RUDE BOY, CarolKing and DDave like this.
  15. Deja Vu

Deja Vu drawn to FC like animal magnetism

I feel you on that one!

16. Jerry Vedder

Jerry Vedder New Member

I've been blowing clouds for 37 years...my lungs can't take it anymore.I don't miss the clouds or the lung bursting cough. Last I knew before I started vaping I wasn't smoking weed for the cloud. I was smoking to get high. Today at a few months short of 50. I now medicate as my dear friend says. Indulging in the finest of buds for me is about getting a good nights sleep its not just about getting stoned anymore.

KeroZen, RUDE BOY and Stu like this.
  17. Deja Vu

A bit jelous of those vape-heads among us that still manage to get insanely thick clouds. I need to get off youtube.. They are definitely hacking @ life.
    Some of the clouds produced by portable vapes and e-cigs are phenomenal. I get little whispy vapes from my EQ.. Meth smokers are getting better vape clouds than I am :( Why are meth heads succeeding at something that I am not? Lol

18. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

IIRC you do not vape cannabis, correct? Cannabis vaporizes with more visible vapor because of the oily trichomes on the plant. Few other herbs that I know of have the same characteristic and therefore vaporize with much less visible vapor IME. :2c:

:peace:

SSVUN~YAH, Deja Vu and RUDE BOY like this.
  19. Deja Vu

Spot on. I'm vaping other herbs. I never knew that it was the oily trichomes that made it so misty! I've found a light smoke from Damiana, and more harsh dense puffs from Greater Celandine, and lavender was a bit smokey but I am still getting into the others. If I find a herb that rivals Mary Jane in terms of thick clouds, ill let you guys know so that the true cloud-lovers among us can mix it in with their bowl! :)

20. dorkus_molorkus

dorkus_molorkus Majesticus Assholius

so hang on? you dont consume cannabis?

But you have 260 posts and have started 12 threads in just 12 days of membership.
    and you didnt know it was the trichromes that was producing the thick vapor?

perhaps more reading and less posting would help?

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  21. Deja Vu

Nah, not necessary for me to know every in and out of vaporizing a drug that I don't even use. Knowledge on vaporizers in general is more what I am interested in, and the lovely community and other off-topic discussions. A person that doesn't smoke weed is still allowed to ask questions and participate in a thread titled 'Do you miss clouds?'
    I used to smoke a lot. I miss clouds. Thanks for the advice though, man.

22. crawdad

crawdad floatin

ah yes, the "damiana clouds" lol not much, but quite an intense flavor! vape on. (prefer the tea form)

currently not missing clouds, but tomorrow is another day. :peace:

23. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

I seem to stupid clouds from my PAX! Don't know if I am doing something wrong or incredibly right, but serious clouds happen consistently!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors