Does more vapor mean better quality?

vapeguy

I just got a new type of herb and noticed I get perhaps less than half as many vapor bags from my Volcano compared to what I had been using. Does this necessarily mean my new type is lower quality? I sure feel like it is from how little vapor I can get out of it and it also seems to have much less of an effect.

Will more vapor always mean better quality?

Thanks

vapeguy,

Tommy10

I don't think so, recently had some bud that had maybe 3 whispy hits in the Vapman of visble vapor, but medicated very well. I didn't know if my VapMan technique was rusty so I went and got some different bud, also medicated well, probably just as well but much more vapor, what I'm used to. Still have some of the vaporless bud left as i like clouds, I don't mind a spliff from time to time so I figure just throw it in that.

My usage was down a bit before I got the stuff, so that would effect the high, but I remember having two VapMan bowls, and suddenly being off my scone. Again It was probably 12 hours since my last vape before, and that was just one vc load, but it certainly wasn't "weak"

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I don't think so, recently had some bud that had maybe 3 whispy hits in the Vapman of visble vapor, but medicated very well. I didn't know if my VapMan technique was rusty so I went and got some different bud, also medicated well, probably just as well but much more vapor, what I'm used to.

Same experience here and with a Vapman as well. Some weed makes very few visible vapor buy the effect is still there.

The Beagle,
Reactions: Tommy10

vapeguy

Same experience here and with a Vapman as well. Some weed makes very few visible vapor buy the effect is still there.

It's not that it's not visible, it's just as visible at first, but makes far less bags before fading to nothing.

vapeguy,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Different herb vapes at different temperatures, you may not be vaporizing at the proper temperatures.

Also note you really can't see that much vapor at 330-365F, but there's still PLENTY of it there. Try getting a super bright flashlight (like maybe your cellphone flashlight) and shine it on your breath as you exhale. I bet there's a lot more vapor coming out than you see normally.

My guess is you need to increase the temperature slightly for that herb.

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: The Beagle

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
You might want to take into account that the Volcano has huge bags. Volume is hard to judge at times and it could be you're getting the same amount or more vapour.

Winegums,

djonkoman

my experience is generally yes, but not always. usually more expensive/stronger weed also keeps on giving vapor for longer(provided the vaporizer and temperature are the same), but there are also exceptions that give little vapor but a lot of effect. still exceptions though, generally I find it's true that amount of vapor is related to quality.

AJS

Calm Consistency
In my experience, for the most part, yes. Indica's can produce different kinds of vapor due to less thc boiling off, but still have bunch of CBD's being released.

I have spent lots of time identifying vapor quantity/quality and I always notice a greater vapor with less browning when I have higher quality herb.

Top Bottom