• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Does marijuana lower testosterone?

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
I was kinda freaking out my friend told me that weed lowers testosterone which in turn lowers sperm count, lowers libido, can stunt muscle growth and even can give you female characteristics. I'm thinking this is probably more government propaganda but could somebody give me a definitive answer and maybe a link to a site about research that was done. And I'm hoping the study will prove this wrong. Please i want to go back to enjoying my favorite herb without worrying.

wowthisisrandom,

Katilsday

Is being chill a female characteristic?

While there may be some effects on hormones, that's to be expected with any substance. That said, for every long-term user with manboobs, I know a lot who are skinny as rails.

A quick google search will bring up lots of studies mostly debunking these claims.

"Government experts concede that pot has no permanent effect on the male or female reproductive systems"

Actually, extreme alcohol use can inhibit testosterone as well, and that is relatively well documented.
To sum it up for you, "The current consensus is well stated in the 20th annual report of the California Research Advisory Panel (1990), which recommended that personal use and cultivation of marijuana be legalized: "An objective consideration of marijuana shows that it is respo nsible for less damage to society and the individual than are alcohol and cigarettes."

Katilsday,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I think that this is absolutely 100% true.

Your best bet is to send me all of your stash, vapes and get me on a payment regimen of when you would normally re-up. In return, I will provide you the peace of mind that this will be one less factor in everyday life that you have to be concerned with. Dont worry, Im old and fat so I dont mind sporting man tits and pasty white skin. (Im sure this is ANOTHER ill side effect of THC :rolleyes:)

OR

You can rest assured that if you eat 'normal' foods, then the amount of steroids that they pump into the animals should more than counteract the difference that you may lose due to THC consumption.

Okay, its all bullshit. Im vaked. :lol:

http://www.illpumpyouup.com/articles/marijuana-and-bodybuilding.htm

First link in a Google search.

AGBeer,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
It's a lie and if you insult me again I shall smash you!

I dunno; I'm 49, slightly overweight, occasionally feel psychotic, drink too much coffee, walk 6 miles/day, own 1 unlicensed xxxxxxx and uh what were we talking about?

Seriously? If you're younger I could see it being a concern (screw reproduction I want to be cloned). But don't you think the world has just a little bit too much testosterone? Health issues to the contrary notwithstanding of course.

Check out the peer reviewed journals.

Tom

tdavie,

toxicc

E11001420
tdavie said:
But don't you think the world has just a little bit too much testosterone? Health issues to the contrary notwithstanding of course.
From the documentaries i watched and stuff i've read, it is estrogens that there is everywhere in our environment. First, ladies take birth control pills wich goes in the toilet when they pee, and birth control pills are estrogens. Second, soy contains phytoestrogens, and if you look at the ingredients of the stuff you buy at the grocery store, there is soy in maybe half of it. Laverder also has estrogens, and some other plants. Third, bisphenol-a and phtalates mimic estrogens, it acts exactly the same in our body. These substances are leeched from the plastic lining inside cans, leeched also from water bottles. It's also in fertilizers. There is estrogen-like substances in cosmetics and shampoo. We are flooded with estrogen wich cause testicle shrinkage and manboobs. It causes genital malformations to male fetuses.

There might be artificial testosterone-like substances in our environment but i don't know because i haven't informed myself about it. I'm pretty sure that estrogen-like substances are a lot more of concern, especialy for me as a man.

Here's one of the documentaries i watched: The Disappearing Male http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/92218993/

I recommend it to you, but be prepared to be scared.

toxicc,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Thank christ thank all you guys for the quick responses and studies done. FC is the best site ever and I can now rest easy that marijuana is safe.

wowthisisrandom,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
FC is the best site ever and I can now rest easy that marijuana is safe.
And in other news, potheads have proven that FuckCombustion.com is the best website ever created, while proving that marijuana is completely safe using humour anecdotes about themselves :lol:

mattybass,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
toxicc said:
There might be artificial testosterone-like substances in our environment but i don't know because i haven't informed myself about it. I'm pretty sure that estrogen-like substances are a lot more of concern, especialy for me as a man.

Here's one of the documentaries i watched: The Disappearing Male http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/92218993/

I recommend it to you, but be prepared to be scared.
I just finished watching this video. Scary stuff. Makes me want to rethink my extinction theory.

quomist,

Budz Bunny

Yea, what a nightmare it will be when there are 10 women for every one man. Men will be relagated to constantly servicing all those women. Treated like slaves.

Wait a minute....

Budz Bunny,
Top Bottom