• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Does it bother you when people refer to Vaporizing as Smoking?

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
For whatever reason it does for me.....

No offense to anyone that uses it this way. Its just that I want to eliminate the work smoking from the vocabulary all together. I try to convert everyone I can!

I resist the urge to correct them. Do you have to be a combustion fucker to feel this way? Is it just me?

Skyscraper

I really don't mind as far as casual conversation, but for clarity it's best to be specific.

I think it's funny when people see the vapor and call it smoke :lol: you're right that it's just that combustion is the common method, most can't separate it from their heads.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
No, it's not just you. I have a friend who is on the path to ditching the act of smoking. Despite their initial attitude toward my nit-picking at semantics, they started using the correct term for the action they mean. It's just confusing when some people say 'smoke' all the time when listeners know the speaker both vapes and smokes from time to time.

HD Springer

Everytime my wife complains/or ask me not to be "smoking" in a particular place I always say I won't smoke a damn thing. Of course I'm always chuckling to my self knowing just how lifted I'm about to be. So I guess I use the generic smoking term to my advantage. I feel like me and the wife both win. A total win-win solution.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I'm pretty proud of myself for not inhaling any smoke. So I can be sometimes a little annoyed about it if someone says I'm smoking... But I'm not really bothered, as much as I hate smoking and don't want to be thought of as a smoker lol

Last edited:

Farid

I call it smoking a lot... If I say vaping people often assume ecigs. Most people don't vape, so if I'm discussing cannabis it sometimes just makes more sense to say smoke to avoid confusion.

I used to be more evangelical about my habits, trying to convince smokers to vape. I've found it comes off as condescending and the best way to convert them is to just let them try a vaporizer hit if they want. People hate being told to change, especially when it comes to habits and vices.

I should specify, I use this terminology with other weed/cigarette smokers. With nonsmokers I always say vaporizing because they often judge smokers harshly.

Last edited:

Prolusio

I'm always sure to specify I'm vaping NOT smoking if someone mixes the two up in conversation. For me it's not about disliking being called a "smoker", it's an informational thing. How can someone start into this world if they don't even know what I'm doing when they see me using my Vapcap or Tubo?

A surprising number of people still have no idea what vaping is or how it's different from smoking! Especially now that the Ecig world has taken off. Relevant anecdote..

I've been vaping primarily for years, stopped smoking as my medical means very early in my cannabis journey. My Mom still had no idea what I was doing. She thought all my electronic devices were just smoking tools and that when I said I was vaping, I was using an Ecig. :shrug:

My mother is smart she just doesn't care about this stuff. So I quickly explained it to her like
Vaping = Baking a cake to enjoy the lovely scent in your home.
Smoking = Using a torch to light a bowl of cake batter on fire.
Ecigs are their own thing with the juice

Her response was "Why would you ever light cake batter on fire?! Vaping sounds way better". Since then she seems to get what I'm doing when she sees me out on my deck or I sneak out for a Cap after dinner. Or at least understands that it's not smoking. (parents are cool and live nearby)

So I'm always careful to be accurate in my terminology. Not out of any desire to avoid being labelled, just to spread the word about the process of vaping! I strongly feel more people would be open to trying cannabis if they understood what vaping is.

I've had quite a few friends over the years come to me and ask to try edibles or vaping for the first time.. I feel my openness in discussing the process of vaping has contributed to this. It gave them the opportunity to see it first hand, see how it smells and affects a person, then go do their own research afterwards.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
@Prolusio I like the way you think, man. What unique imagery you use. :) It feels good to help someone make a positive change in their life. Vaporizing was an amazing game changer for me and so I'm always pushing the health benefits of vaporizing with my friends.
My partner is in on it now, too. Lol She's always telling people she knows that smoke weed about the vapcap and mflb (her two favorites) and how much money you'll save.
I don't talk about the money saved, cause it didn't really save me money. I do talk about the efficiency of vaporizing vs smoking. What vaporizing did for me is allow me to be medicated during my free time at the level I feel I need, and have some for recreational use as well.
To do that by smoking I would have to be rich. And that, I'm not.

I've gone so far as to give people Vapes I didn't use anymore and give them a sesh and show them how to use it.... Sometimes I get a convert, and sometimes they use it for discreet times only.

So yeah, I'm a weirdo who gets bothered when Capricorn gets called smoking. Lol I just have to accept this about myself and move on.

Ok, I'm good.

Sorry bud :( I refer to it as smoking all the time, mainly because of college... when you say 'wana vape' people look at you like you have 3 heads because who the fuck vapes ejuice in groups or asks other people if they want to. They don't understand I mean vaporizer cannabis... so I basically started asking if people wanted to smoke and then clarifying what I meant

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Sorry bud :( I refer to it as smoking all the time, mainly because of college... when you say 'wana vape' people look at you like you have 3 heads because who the fuck vapes ejuice in groups or asks other people if they want to. They don't understand I mean vaporizer cannabis... so I basically started asking if people wanted to smoke and then clarifying what I meant
Yeah I understand. It's the culture and it will probably take a while to change...

Top Bottom