does FC like "The Walking Dead" on AMC?

Do you watch "The Walking Dead" on AMC?

• Total voters

chinaboy

Still learning this thing called Cannabis
It's not as good as Breaking Bad, but will serve as a substitute while I'm waiting for the last season to start.

chinaboy,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On TWD standards... I think the fan became 90% pure shit a while ago. Now its just continually splattering over everything for us all to watch. :shit:

Imagine if the Governor came for a visit right now. :uhoh:

Last edited:
Ripbongs420,
Reactions: YeeeBuddy

CharSadehBeast

Awesome awesome show. I've watched the series from start to finish a few times while waiting for the new season to start however, the current season with the new director doesn't have the same feel. Only show I like more is Breaking Bad

CharSadehBeast,

StickyShisha2

1426703_769696216390235_845465181_n.jpg

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'm hoping the next season is a bit better than the last one. I was about ready to give up on the series until the finale.

CentiZen,
Reactions: treeman

Jeremy Driscoll

I'll tell you what bothers me. My favorite shows cancelled, everyone I talk to tell me that they too are pissed that futurama, king of the hill, and breaking bad are gone, they all could have gone on with a wonderful fan base that would have excited fans for years, and everyone seems to love them.

If you like the walking dead do everything in your power to stop people from watching it. Since great shows that people do watch like Futurama get cancelled anyways, maybe it is better not to be noticed.

The best part about Futurama is how it made you think with professor. I bet the professor could explain string theory in an easy to understand, cartoon futurama environment that is great for both adults and kids in looking to how things are explained.

Because you know if something can be explained by the professor who seems to know everything in a way that even an idiot like fry can understand then it can be learned by anybody no matter what it is about.

That is what I loved about these shows they seem to be the best at their field and they are gone.

No show is the cult classic regarding what the future holds in a fun liberal way like futurama.

No show is as good with common sense and family values like king of the hill in a fun cartoon environment.

And no show is even close to amazing as breaking bad is period.

And yet the greater a show is the more likely it is going off the air.

All good things must come to an end they say? I say rubbish. If the simpsons and south park and american dad, and family guy can do it, and not be cancelled or go off the air then at least the cartoon shows that are cancelled are done so in vain.

Jeremy Driscoll,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I'll tell you what bothers me. My favorite shows cancelled, everyone I talk to tell me that they too are pissed that futurama, king of the hill, and breaking bad are gone, they all could have gone on with a wonderful fan base that would have excited fans for years, and everyone seems to love them.

If you like the walking dead do everything in your power to stop people from watching it. Since great shows that people do watch like Futurama get cancelled anyways, maybe it is better not to be noticed.

The best part about Futurama is how it made you think with professor. I bet the professor could explain string theory in an easy to understand, cartoon futurama environment that is great for both adults and kids in looking to how things are explained.

Because you know if something can be explained by the professor who seems to know everything in a way that even an idiot like fry can understand then it can be learned by anybody no matter what it is about.

That is what I loved about these shows they seem to be the best at their field and they are gone.

No show is the cult classic regarding what the future holds in a fun liberal way like futurama.

No show is as good with common sense and family values like king of the hill in a fun cartoon environment.

And no show is even close to amazing as breaking bad is period.

And yet the greater a show is the more likely it is going off the air.

All good things must come to an end they say? I say rubbish. If the simpsons and south park and american dad, and family guy can do it, and not be cancelled or go off the air then at least the cartoon shows that are cancelled are done so in vain.

Ummmm... So, yeah. Walking Dead?

I hear where you're coming from, but shows go off the air. It's just what happens. I can't tell you how many shows I've started watching just to find out they've been cancelled after a single season or even just a few episodes. Futurama had a great run. It was cancelled and then brought back on Comedy Central for another great run. Breaking Bad had to end. To keep a show with that plot line going would have started to get ridiculous after too much time. The way they handled that finale was amazing in my opinion. I never really liked King of the Hill so I can't say much more than all good things really do come to an end. I know you don't want to hear that, but it's true.

The great thing about the Walking Dead (graphic novel) is that Kirkman has said that it is a never ending story that will continually unfold. I happen to be a huge fan of the graphic novel, but the show hasn't kept me hooked like the comics. The show definitely has its moments, but I wish they would decide if they are going to follow the comic or not. There's familiar moments when I'm waiting for something I know should happen, but it doesn't and it drives me insane. Then there are moments that are completely unfamiliar and something happens and that event is straight from the comic. I guess I understand not wanting to make a carbon copy of the comic, but if that is the case then they need to try and make it better than the comic. Unfortunately, I just do not think that can be accomplished by being aired on AMC. This show on a premium channel could really do it justice.

The past first half of this season was alright. I like that they were finally driven from the prison and I'm interested to know what will happen next. I hated last season. It was an utter disappointment from beginning to end. I actually almost didn't start watching this season, but my wife kinda made me and I'm glad she did.

Last edited:

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I have been happy w/ the walking dead since season 4 started.. The writing is so much better IMO.. things are not nearly as slow and cry babyish as they were in the last 2 seasons.. There's a lot more going on now.. Tonight's episode got messy..

Does anyone think that it could be Tyreese and Carol that found Beth and picked her up in the last episode??

**SPOILER-ish ALERT** (edited in the -ish) :lol:
I have always felt like that oldest little girl was creepy as fuck LOL.. the whole episode I was like, "They need to just ditch her and let her play w/ walkers like she wants to... Many potential problems solved. :D" That younger girl at least had a chance to get it together.. But that oldest one, LOL she was a creeper.

Last edited:
Buildozer,

Deadshort480

???Spoilerish???

I knew what was happening tonight. Since the beginning of the season when they showed that the two little girls survived the attack and everything, I knew what was in store.

It's amazing how at times the show is nothing like the comic and at other times it mirrors it so closely.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
???Spoilerish???

I knew what was happening tonight. Since the beginning of the season when they showed that the two little girls survived the attack and everything, I knew what was in store.

It's amazing how at times the show is nothing like the comic and at other times it mirrors it so closely.

Yeah the foreshadowing can seem a little obvious at times, especially in hindsight, but I like the way the story is going compared to the previous seasons.. It's keeping my interest now.. The way this last season has been, reminds me more of the comics, and it gives me cravings to read more of them.. When the show was still new, I started from the beginning of the comic series but never got much further than the first season, as far as story line goes.. I really liked what I read of the comics.. It started off pretty identical to the show, and was getting a little different at parts when I let off.. so I didn't get too far.. I think I got to where Carl kills Shane..
A friend of mine has 6 of the paperback volumes.. I think I need to borrow some..

You're right that wasn't exactly a spoiler haha.. It was supposed to be at first.

Buildozer,

farscaper

The graphic novel at this point would feel like bizzaro walking dead... the weird twin girls you r talking about.... [havent seen any season 4 yet] they were brothers in the novels.... and they were seriously fucked up.... carl takes care of it though....

And lets not forget... rick should technically be hand-less. Via the govna'... so in that respect... its way off base... and andrea should not have died because she becomes ricks "intrest".

Bizzaro walking dead fits best as a compairison...

But by issue 100 of the comics you will hate the writer because he grew to hate his own story... in issue 100 he kills off a fan favorite... I quit reading it after that...

Last edited:

Deadshort480

The graphic novel at this point would feel like bizzaro walking dead... the weird twin girls you r talking about.... [havent seen any season 4 yet] they were brothers in the novels.... and they were seriously fucked up.... carl takes care of it though....

And lets not forget... rick should technically be hand-less. Via the govna'... so in that respect... its way off base... and andrea should not have died because she becomes ricks "intrest".

Bizzaro walking dead fits best as a compairison...

But by issue 100 of the comics you will hate the writer because he grew to hate his own story... in issue 100 he kills off a fan favorite... I quit reading it after that...
I think the comic is epic and the show is not living up to any of the hype at all. My personal opinion. To me, the show is a wannabe half ass version of the comic that fails to deliver 90% of the time.

farscaper

I got ahold of 1-100
I think the comic is epic and the show is not living up to any of the hype at all. My personal opinion. To me, the show is a wannabe half ass version of the comic that fails to deliver 90% of the time.
As pdf files.... so I read like it was a novel.

I like to look at them as seperate works of art [the comics and the show] one simply "inspired" by the other... rather than a comic brought to screen...

EveryDayAmnesiac

I've been pretty bored with the last few episodes. Bad acting, poor directing, amateur blocking, etc.

At this point I feel as though I'm only watching it because it's still on.

Read the first volume of the comic. Now I've got compendium #1 on the way... :tup:

Anyone tried TWD video games?

EveryDayAmnesiac,

farscaper

I've been pretty bored with the last few episodes. Bad acting, poor directing, amateur blocking, etc.

At this point I feel as though I'm only watching it because it's still on.

Read the first volume of the comic. Now I've got compendium #1 on the way... :tup:

Anyone tried TWD video games?
I played the one game... NOT Survival instinct with myrl... ive played the rpg with the black guy as a main character. .. I hated it... there is no way to win. You have to die and half of the decisions are so obviously predictable that it just makes it a game to "get through"... like the choose your own ending books only you cant read faster.

I would like to play survival instinct cause myrl and Darrell are character s only in the show. They are not in the books so they bairly have a back story .... hence the game being about their back story

Deadshort480

You know it's bad when there's a new episode, but everyone's still talking about the previous week's episode.

Deadshort480,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Can anyone hook me up w/a DL link for some of the comic series?? preferably starting at or near the beginning?

Buildozer,

Deadshort480

The only one I know of you have to pay to read. You can purchase the two compendiums and the remaining volumes (3-4) leading up to the present individual issues on Amazon.

Deadshort480,
Top Bottom