• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Does doing dab stain/ruin your glass??

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Hello,
i am sure i am not the only one who has OCD when it comes to glass. I like to TRY and keep my good glass looking as it did when i bought it. so for that very reason i have cheaper (less than $50) bong i use for when my combustion friends that get dirty fast due to ash and resins. I bought an expensive bubbler that i use exclusively for vapebonging and does not get dirty that fast but i also clean it alot to keep it that way.

I recently tried my first ever nail dab and i was blown away by it and i want to get a nail and vapor globe setup. my question is though... knowing my obsession for keeping things separate (one bong for combustion and one for vaping) should i get a nail/dome setup for my expensive bubbler (which is 18mm) that i only vape with, or should i get a setup for my combustion bong (this one is 14mm) or should i get a new bong just for dabbing?? i really can't afford a new bong so if i have to do the third option it will be a cheapo bong.

I would like to just use the nail on my expensive bubbler but since i am new to dabbing i am not really sure what gets left behind on the glass when you dab. will it discolor it to the point of bad stains that will never go away??

thanks in advance

mmenzie,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
IME, the reclaim from a dab is basically the same as the reclaim from a few vape sessions.

I dab out of the same piece I vape through. It may pick up a slight "dabby" taste between cleans, but it's nothing major. (I also have a "sacrificial" bong for my buddies when they want to combust :lol:)
There are no significant discolorations or anything like with combustion, and to clean it, just use ISO like if you had been just vaping.

You may end up looking for a piece that's more suited to dabs (smaller volume, less diffusion) in the future, but for getting into them, I can't see any reason you shouldn't just use your vaping bubbler.

:2c:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: mmenzie

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
IME, the reclaim from a dab is basically the same as the reclaim from a few vape sessions.

I dab out of the same piece I vape through. It may pick up a slight "dabby" taste between cleans, but it's nothing major. (I also have a "sacrificial" bong for my buddies when they want to combust :lol:)
There are no significant discolorations or anything like with combustion, and to clean it, just use ISO like if you had been just vaping.

You may end up looking for a piece that's more suited to dabs (smaller volume, less diffusion) in the future, but for getting into them, I can't see any reason you shouldn't just use your vaping bubbler.

:2c:

thank you for the informative reply. it helps alot!!!

mmenzie,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I typically ISO only clean my bub when the resin starts to build, then I dump it in a mason jar to use later when I want to make qwiso (winter months).

If you don't care about reclaiming, you could always pick up an active carbon attachment to use on your bub. It will catch the resin, keep your piece clean, and even 'soften' the hit on your throat/chest a bit more.

smokum,
Top Bottom