• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Does cannabis aid in lung health?

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
I've read some articles that claim cannabis is actually healthy for the lungs when vaporized or used in other ways other than smoking/combustion. So, do you folks think cannabis can aid in improving lung health?

If so, what do you guys think about giving a minor (9 yrs old) some edibles once a week? My little brother has minor breathing problems when he gets sick. He gets sick once every 2 months, which is pretty often, in my opinion. When he's sick, he coughs a lot and wheezes a bit. He's not diagnosed with asthma or anything but I'm thinking cannabis could help his lungs become stronger & healthier.

As for me, I am 100% pro-cannabis and I strongly believe it is completely safe and healthy for him to eat a brownie or drink a cup of cannabis tea once a week. I've raised him for the past 3 years, so, I see him as my own son. I am 24 years old and use cannabis 2-3 times a week at night to help me sleep. I am a responsible adult with 5 yr old twin boys of my own.

I was just wondering if any of the parents here treat your own child with cannabis for lung-related reasons. Even if not for the lungs, maybe just for health in general. I've read so many articles about how cannabis can aid in brain cell growth, bacteria fighting properties, cancer cell fighting properties, improving memory, and so on. Don't you think everyone can benefit from cannabis once every week or two... including children? Especially, when it's done with edibles, NOT smoking or even vaporizing.

Just looking for some opinions.

keepsake,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
So this child gets a cold every few months and coughs and wheezes or is it something else? Has he been tested for allergies? I don't think i'd give a child an edible unless they have a documented condition proven to benefit from cannabis and then unless indicated , an edible that wouldn't get him high.

lwien

The KNOWN downside here is that cannabis can affect both IQ and brain function in developing brains, especially those under the age of 16, so you have to weigh the risk/reward ratio.

lwien,
Reactions: keepsake

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Ah.
I guess that settles it. I'll try finding other natural ways to improve lung health.
Thanks for the post lwien.

keepsake,
Reactions: lwien

vorrange

Vapor.wise
If you think of cannabis as a medicine, and the high as a side effect just give him enough to have therapeutic effect without getting high.

Also, if what he needs is CBD you can just juice the leaves and there are no psychotropic effects.

lwien

Ah.
I guess that settles it. I'll try finding other natural ways to improve lung health.
Thanks for the post lwien.

Good call. One other suggestion though. Before tying to find ways to improve lung health, it may be a good idea to find out what is wrong with the lung function and why he is getting sick once every 2 months.

lwien,

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Yeah, I've taken him to the clinic and all they tell me is that he keeps catching colds. He doesn't have asthma or anything, although they did recommend a nebulizer, which I bought and still use. They just shrug it off like it's no big deal. All they tell me is to keep him from other sick children, which is impossible because he goes to a public school and there will always be sick kids in class no matter what.

I just gotta do my best to keep him healthy. I'm very strict on his diet so I know it's not due to dairy.

keepsake,

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
That's what I meant. I've completely cut dairy from his diet and noticed a huge improvement in his energy levels and overall health.

keepsake,
Reactions: grokit

lwien

That's what I meant. I've completely cut dairy from his diet and noticed a huge improvement in his energy levels and overall health.
Milk allergies. Quite common. If you've cut dairy, make sure you supplement with calcium and vitamin D.

lwien,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Has he been throughly allergy tested ? A humidifier would helps his lungs when he does get colds. Kids get sick/ colds, it really can't be avoided because he's around other children .

VaporsVaporizer,
Top Bottom