does anyone keep track of how much they save by vaporising?

hedgewitch

I was wondering if anyone has kept track of how much herb they use vaporizing and if it is more or less than they were using before?
I bought digital scales when I first started vaporizing and have been keeping track of how much I use in my Vapir one. I have an Extreme and an Iolite on order and will keep track of herb usage with them as well. I just wish I would have kept track of what I was using when I was still smoking. But at that time all I had was the ol' float scales ;)
Has anyone else noticed that when you get new scales you have a tendancy to weigh EVERYTHING?:lol:

hedgewitch,

HoneyAir

Whip vape = Saved more at first, then tolerance/love of the ease of inhale brought it back to the same levels (or more) of consumption as opposed to smoking.

Purple Days = Going more than twice as far on the same bag... a 100%-120% savings rate. Been that way for months... not changing due to tolerance or anything. Seeing how hard it is to get one these days they'll have to pry this PD from my cold dead fingers...

HoneyAir,

hedgewitch

I think I must have OCD! I am also keeping track of temps, times, and bag or whip! Can't wait to get my new toys so I can better compare to others experiences as no one seems to have a vapir one. Personally I don't think it is a bad little vaporizer so I'm thinking I ought to just be in heaven when I get a really nice one!:lol:

hedgewitch,

Durden

I am Jack's title
If you want to get really crazy you can get a notebook and keep track, I have to do a food journal myself so I found it pretty easy to start one to keep track of the vaping experience.

Durden,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
You know, I always think about this.... 'Am I really saving herb?'

When I first started vaporizing, it was a lot more efficient. I was normally a bong snapper, which devours your herb if you keep loading 'em fat, especially with company over...

As HoneyAir pointed out, initially it is conservative, then you start to go overboard... I'm kinda in that seemingly perpetual phase where either a vape is being loaded, is loaded, or I'm emptying it. :lol:

Luckily, herb is relatively cheap and plentiful, so really, my only concern is which vape to use. :D

I've always enjoyed living a herbal lifestyle, and probably always will, vaporizers just enabled me to keep this herbal lifestyle healthy, efficiency is just an added plus.

SpiralArchitect,

Beezleb

I go through the same amount of weed a week as I did when I smoked. I just get more out of each use.

Beezleb,
Reactions: Stuman

Durden

I am Jack's title
You guys have me a little worried that my consumption will pick back up again, mostly because I was planning to buy more vapes with the money I was hoping to save :cool:

I was thinking of using concentrates to supplement my supply when my tolerance went up, so hopefully that will keep my use and cost lower.

Durden,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I have made a journal since I started vaporizing.

It would be VERY unfair to compare my smoking habits to vaporizing, since my 10 years of smoking were 50/50 with tobacco (despite not smoking ciggies), so I had to deal with a weird nicotine/weed combined addiction.

My ~$1000 of vaporizing equipment has paid for itself already in the past 6 - 7 weeks.

When I used to smoke, I would go through 1/4 ounce a week minimum, sometimes up to 1/2 ounce.

Now with my PD, I get a full 7 days vaping out of ~1.5g, that's a few bowls in the afternoon (often 4:20), a few bowls at night around dinner, then a few bowls ~midnight.

Only problem is, now that vaporizing weed is so cheap, I can vape every single day, I never run out of money now, so I never get any weed breaks :( It's good and bad.

So around $100 a week I'm saving... then again, I can't put a price on finally kicking the nasty tobacco addiction.

Chubba,

Hotboxvapebongin

wow so how much more conservative is the PD compared to a unit like a vapor brothers or a hot box vaporizer? It sounds like it's the most conservative vape on the market would you all agree?

Hotboxvapebongin,

Hotboxvapebongin

which would you rather buy if you had to choose between the two units? The VHW wit the bong or the PD??

Hotboxvapebongin,

Beezleb

Hotboxvapebongin said:
wow so how much more conservative is the PD compared to a unit like a vapor brothers or a hot box vaporizer? It sounds like it's the most conservative vape on the market would you all agree?
Only if you stop after one tube and you can do the same amount that the pd holds in those vaporizers as well. However the PD does an excellent job at vaping small quantities.

The PD will not save you money, how you use the pd will determine that. If your smoking alot now, you will likely still use alot.

Beezleb,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
You can chew through herb fast with the PD, especially if you're a "grazer".

I have 2 bowls, then put it down.

I have another friend that does 5+ bowls a session, every few hours, so he can crank through 1-2g a day.

Chubba,

ILoveRadiohead!

I was never a heavy smoker but after vaporizing I definitely go through a lot more herb since I personally find the experience much more pleasant.

ILoveRadiohead!,

HoneyAir

The reason the PD is so efficient is because of the "milkshake through a straw" thing.

There is practically no part of the herb that escapes vaporization.

HoneyAir,
Top Bottom