• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Do you use Vape and Vaporizer interchangeably?

Does Vape and Vaporizer mean the same thing?

• Total voters

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I ask because I don't think so.

To me a Vape is like an e-cigarette - something used with liquids or concentrates. A Vaporizer is something mainly used exclusively with dry herbs. Naturally mainstream media uses them interchangeably, but at the technical level I wanted to see what everyone else thinks

Last edited by a moderator:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I use them interchangeably if the person I'm speaking with is familiar with the vaping situation. I use vaporizer if the person seems new to this stuff. I use vape if I want to save three syllables and be more "hip with the slang".

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
It's complicated.

I do use vape as shorthand for vaporizer, just for brevity's sake. I try not to do it too much because I think of the word vape mainly as a verb. As in "I'm going to vape some flowers with my log".

I never thought about it in terms of e-cigs vs. dry herbs, that's interesting. The general public probably thinks e-cig when they hear the word vape.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
In that case you need to change the text below your name. ;)
:lol: good catch

Thanks for everyone's help. I've got a really catchy name for a product and "Vape" in the name sounds better than "Vaporizer" but I didn't want to use the wrong terminology as this product is designed exclusively for dry vaporizers

ZC

I pretty much only use vape since everyone knows it's short for vaporizer.

Ecig vapes vaporize, dry herb vapes vaporize. They are both vapes.

Some vapes, like Pipe's project, use ecig tech to vape dry herbs.

The zion's internals come from the ecig community.

I think trying to differentiate between the two just with a shorthand for the same word will only confuse people. They are all vapes, they are all vaporizers. If clarification is needed, state what kind of vape you're talking about when relevant.

As far as the general public goes, yeah they think ecig for vape, but they'll also think ecig if you say vaporizer.

j-bug

I think they mean the same thing mostly. I'd never use vaporizer as a verb though :D I think what other people have said about among vaporists and e-cig users "vaporizer" implies cannabis consumption, and to some vape implies e-cig device of some sort. For J.Q. public I don't think most realize there's all that much difference. Personally I use them interchangeably for the most part.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I don't vaporize ecigs so the term vape for me is short for vaporizer. Or I will say I "need a vape session." By the way I need a vape session before going to the football game.;pd;:leaf:

More so in the sense of a Noun - is a vape a vaporizer? IE:
Is your E-Nano a Vape, or is it a Vaporizer? And is your E-Cig a Vaporizer

To me, the E-Nano is a Vaporizer. An ECig is a "vape" and not a "vaporizer"
I know I'm being pedantic, but wanted to see how many others had the same views as me.

To be honest, I feel a lot better because "The Vape _____" sounds a lot better than "The Vaporizer ______" since my new invention works best with a vaporizer and not a vape :lol:

Top Bottom