Do you still combust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luchiano

Abysmal Vapor said:
luchiano said:
Now it's 290f. What's the next lie?. BTW, still too low of a temperature for oil, and even bud. If it went as low as 220f the oil would just congeal and not vape at all.

Also, your titanium pad is thicker and denser than something thin or like a screen with holes in it so I doubt it will drop that much so fast. Why do you think you need a torch to heat up the metal in the first place, because it's dense and hold's heat. Titanium just cools off faster than others but considering you are heating it way past the temperature needed for herb it is unnecessary unless you want a qucik hit which is up to you but you're going to burn some oils and way more than vaporizing. You will also raise your tolerance too quickly which isn't a good thing but that is another subject.

Vaporizing is all about temperature control and you seem to not get this fact.
Vaporizing is to keep temperatures lower than combustion... for me....

Which is only done with temperature control.

luchiano,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
This thread was actually pretty interesting to me at first, thanks for turning it in to a pissing contest fellows.

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
luchiano said:
Abysmal Vapor said:
luchiano said:
Now it's 290f. What's the next lie?. BTW, still too low of a temperature for oil, and even bud. If it went as low as 220f the oil would just congeal and not vape at all.

Also, your titanium pad is thicker and denser than something thin or like a screen with holes in it so I doubt it will drop that much so fast. Why do you think you need a torch to heat up the metal in the first place, because it's dense and hold's heat. Titanium just cools off faster than others but considering you are heating it way past the temperature needed for herb it is unnecessary unless you want a quick hit which is up to you but you're going to burn some oils and way more than vaporizing. You will also raise your tolerance too quickly which isn't a good thing but that is another subject.

Vaporizing is all about temperature control and you seem to not get this fact.

I can control temp in many different ways... Do not need specially a thermometer or dial knob.. LOL. I know when it is smoke and when it is vapor.. I do posses jedi powers although.. =

Abysmal Vapor,

luchiano

So no one see how those numbers are funny?. I'm the only one who has never seen oil vape at 267f?.

luchiano,

luchiano

OhTheAgony said:
This thread was actually pretty interesting to me at first, thanks for turning it in to a pissing contest fellows.

I didn't do anything but explain to the guy that dabbing isn't vaporizing since this thread is ask the question "do you stil combust"and instead of seeing my point and trying to disprove it and making his point he gets mad calls me names, then comes back in a week with this fake experiment which to me is very sad that he would go through all this to continue his false belief.

I'm just shocked that no one can see how those numbers look rigged being that this is a vaporizer forum where most people KNOW you can't vaporize bud, let alone oil at such a low temperature of 267f(he then did just like I stated he would and changed it to 290f) and here comes someone claiming they're doing it on a titanium pad that cools off from cold air coming into contact with it which drops the temperature quick. All he is doing is showing numbers from a read out that doesn't add up to his story. I'm really in awe that he can get away with such a lie on this site. I really believe he will go around spreading these numbers to a lot of sites misleading people into thinking it's vaporizing and a lot of people use herb for health and this is not the best option for them.

Anyway, I'm done because I guess I'm a lone in this and it's no point if I'm just going to look like I'm the trouble maker when I'm just trying to show the truth. Hey, I tried.

luchiano,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Hey Luchiano, I think you make a valid point.

I don't often do concentrates, so can't speak much from experience, but I will offer one tentative comparison. The heat plate of the Arizer Solo is kind of anagolous to the flat surface of a ti pad. 290f is less than level 2 on the Arizer Solo. I just can not imagine dabbing oil on to the Solo heat plate at that temperature and seeing it vaporize- well, it would take a long time :shrug: :2c:

Other than that, I'm not getting involved :tinfoil:

:lol:

:peace:

WatTyler,

luchiano

Abysmal Vapor said:
luchiano said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

I can control temp in many different ways... Do not need specially a thermometer or dial knob.. LOL. I know when it is smoke and when it is vapor.. I do posses jedi powers although.. =

Again, it's about temperature control. I didn't state how you will control that temperature although unless you use a machine I don't know how you can control temperature stability. That is in essence why you pay all this money for a good vaporizer, so you can get and KEEP the temperature you want to boil away a certain substance without burning it.

BTW, smoke, or the shall I say the compounds associated with it, doesn't have to be from something that is "burning" like say bud with a cherry. You can still burn something like a light oil, see nothing that resembles a burning bud, and get it into your system. The only way to prevent burning is to know the temperatures of each substance and vape within that temperature. What you're referring to is just burning cellulose but there are more things that can be burned besides cellulose. I talked about this earlier in the thread.

luchiano,

luchiano

Thank You WatTyler, I knew I couldn't be the the only one who thinks that number is crazy.

luchiano,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Let's just relax here please. :)

luchiano, if you would like to continue this discussion, please make a new, appropriately titled thread and remember that we can have an intelligent discussion without getting personal and outright accusing people of lying.

Remember that with good quality concentrates there is no plant matter to burn so even at above normal combustion temperatures the oil just evaporates. The same way a drop of water on a hot skillet will not burn.

vtac,

luchiano

Vtac, Oil still burns just not like bud does. I explained this already. Water is very different from oil. I knew about oil and full melt hash years before it became popular so I'm not someone who is new to this. He is stating he is vaping "putty" at 267f which is downright insane to do. Even cooking oil doesn't get hot enough to fry food at that temperature. Why do you think vaporizers like the volcano goes up to 446f so you can vaporize oil/hash. If all they had to do was go to 267-290f, there would be tons of vaporizers out here which would not feel the need to go past 300f. Even people who use electronic cigarettes can't use oil/hash because it's too thick to work with at such low temperatures so how is he doing it on a metal pad with no type of temperature control?.

I guess if someone is putting out numbers that people who have used hash or oil KNOW they can't vape oil with and someone said that he can using a method that is not new, I can't call them liars. Man I give up.

BTW, we can't have an intelligent discussion because if you read the previous post he called me names but I let it go. I called him a liar because he is stating things that just have NEVER been done before or proven to be done, not because I don't like him and being mean.

mod note: Yes you should give up on calling another member a liar. There's a big difference between being incorrect in your statments, and being a liar. And even if someone really is lying, you're only allowed to dispute it with logic and facts, not name calling.

luchiano,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Bodhi Diesel said:
notmyrealUSERname said:
Bodhi Diesel said:
That's the nature of 99% pure Titanium and a 1/16 of an inch thick skillet.

i am pretty sure that a laser therm. is not a very accurate way to measure the heat of your ti. i think the budtoaster guy suggested that the best way to get accurate temps off of a glassbudvial (in his case) was to use a temp probe. where you actually make contact with the object your measuring. i would love to hear the results of the temps of the ti during a session, if someone was willing to do this experiment....

For the intent of this thread and to this particular issue, a laser therm is perfectly adequate. As for the accuracy of my laser therm...

Accuracy is +/-1 degree C (2 degrees F) from 10 degrees C to 30 degrees C (50 degrees F to 86 degrees F), +/- 1.5% of reading or +/- 1.5 degrees C (3 degrees F) whichever is greater over the balance of the range.

the reason that i say that your laser therm. isn't very accurate is because the range of temps it displays are too great. you cant get an accurate reading because you never really know what the laser is pointing at. thats why a contact probe would be much more accurate. yes i realize that the laser is pointing at what you are supposed to be measuring but there are too many variables to account for - (distance from measured object, ambient air temps and currents, how many times per second is the therm. measuring, etc). i am stating this because i have tried many times with my laser therm. to measure the heat of my ti (and other things with known temps, like my fridge) - without success. i agree it will give you an idea of the range of temps that your using but its nowhere near accurate enough to determine if vaporization or smoke is occuring on the ti.

i honestly don't know the answer to the question does oil burn or vape on ti. i also don't think that looking only at temps of the ti will answer the question either.

a drop of water on a skillet does burn (in a way). the layer of water that is touching the skillet instantly turns to water vapor, and due to expansion of the water as it turns into steam, it lifts the waterdrop up enough for it to act as a hovercraft, and it travels on this layer of vaporizing water until the droplet of water is all gone. so the water is always 'burning' just not all of it once.

notmyrealUSERname,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yes, consumer IR thermometers are not 100% accurate and they need to be calibrated for the reflectivity of the surface. That said, why someone would deliberately lie about the temperature of their oil vape pad is beyond me. If you really believe you've found something new about vaping oil on ti please make a new thread, I'm sure the oil heads would be interested to hear it. :)

Closing this for now.

vtac,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom