• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Do you still combust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todai

If dabbing oil/wax off a hot Ti nail is considered combusting, then yes I do.

I use my SSV or PD for pretty much everything else, but I love my dabbing and won't give that up!

Todai,

mrfloopa

Vappy
OhTheAgony said:
I always thought we mix our weed with tobacco to save weed (or in other words: because we're cheap :lol: ).

That's why the people I know do it. I don't like the tobacco high, though, which seems to overtake the better feeling/healthier high, and when that short-lasted tobacco dizziness wears off, I don't feel as high as I would if I just smoked that same amount of herb. Probably because of the comparison? The fact that I "came down" from one thing into the weed high.

I no longer combust on my own. It used to be because I had a roommate who opposed, and I didn't want to disturb him so I picked up a Woodeez. Now, it is just so much more convenient to fill a stem of my always on vape than get out my pipe, lighter, papers, or whatever else. If I am going to go through that trouble and use that much, might as well use my EZ vape (I know, I know) or grab my MFLB. But I like that I can just sit there for an 45-1hr nursing a stem and getting what I need to done.

My SO still heavily favors combusting--I think because she never used to get very medicated from my WDZ, and didn't feel as high in comparison to how she felt smoking (and she had been smoking much longer than I have; I almost went straight into vaping). With her, I'll still combust, but she has taken a liking to my EZ vape. I was thinking of picking up a HA or something healthier that's a heavy-hitter for her, or just keep trying until we both get the hang of the MFLB.

mrfloopa,

Bodhi Diesel

Cannabis Snob
Todai said:
If dabbing oil/wax off a hot Ti nail is considered combusting, then yes I do.

I use my SSV or PD for pretty much everything else, but I love my dabbing and won't give that up!
Dabbing is vaporizing not combusting.

Bodhi Diesel,

luchiano

No, I wouldn't say dabbing is really vaporizing because the nail or pad get's so hot that it does burn a lot of the lower temperature oils which start to vape as low as 145f and is high in hash and oils whereas using a variable temperature vaporizer starting to vape at 365f(for a quick session) or using a knob vaporizer on low, or using a log style vaporizer will burn way less oils than a nail or pad. Burning these oils can create carcinogenic compounds when ingested so I wouldn't put dabbing and vaping in the same category because vaporizing with a variable temperature unit and going from low to high will prevent ANY BURNING OF THESE OILS.

I think what confuses people is that they don't see any flame or cherry like with bud but that is only because bud has cellulose which starts to burn at 451f and you can see the burn whereas oils/hash are high in essential oils that burn at lower temperatures and will be boiled off before you see anything and you inhale it. Once in a while I don't think this is a problem but doing it all the time weekly I think will build up in your body and cause some problems maybe lungs or respiratory problems or others I don't know but I do notice skin wise people who smoke a lot of hash have a look to their skin as they get older like people who smoke a lot of cigarettes have. I'ts like a dark tinge to it with some dryness, It's hard to describe but I know it when I see it.

luchiano,

SD_haze

luchiano said:
No, I wouldn't say dabbing is really vaporizing because the nail or pad get's so hot that it does burn a lot of the lower temperature oils which start to vape as low as 145f and is high in hash and oils whereas using a variable temperature vaporizer starting to vape at 365f(for a quick session) or using a knob vaporizer on low, or using a log style vaporizer will burn way less oils than a nail or pad. Burning these oils can create carcinogenic compounds when ingested so I wouldn't put dabbing and vaping in the same category because vaporizing with a variable temperature unit and going from low to high will prevent ANY BURNING OF THESE OILS.

I think what confuses people is that they don't see any flame or cherry like with bud but that is only because bud has cellulose which starts to burn at 451f and you can see the burn whereas oils/hash are high in essential oils that burn at lower temperatures and will be boiled off before you see anything and you inhale it. Once in a while I don't think this is a problem but doing it all the time weekly I think will build up in your body and cause some problems maybe lungs or respiratory problems or others I don't know but I do notice skin wise people who smoke a lot of hash have a look to their skin as they get older like people who smoke a lot of cigarettes have. I'ts like a dark tinge to it with some dryness, It's hard to describe but I know it when I see it.

if you heat a nail to redhot its definitely producing oil smoke, but you can heat a nail to a vaporization temperature, albeit a heat gun is pretty essential to be sure & get it down 100%

SD_haze,

Bodhi Diesel

Cannabis Snob
luchiano said:

Combustion implies flame, ash and smoke. In 4 years of dabbing I have yet to see any of those three components. What I do see is oil bubbling away to nothing, silly putties bubbling away to nothing, Ice melt hash bubbling away to nothing. No Flame (except the heating torch), never any ash or other residue and only an extremely concentrated vapor blown into the air.

Bodhi Diesel,

luchiano

I understand what you're stating but read my post because I explained exactly what you just stated as to why people don't see how dabbing is still burning their oils, one has cellulose and the other doesn't but burning is still occurring. Read my post again.

luchiano,

luchiano

SD_haze said:
luchiano said:

if you heat a nail to redhot its definitely producing oil smoke, but you can heat a nail to a vaporization temperature, albeit a heat gun is pretty essential to be sure & get it down 100%

This is true but I've never seen it done plus you might as well just use a regular variable temperature vaporizer as it's less cumbersome and more stable as when you inhale you will cool off the nail so it isn't stable.

luchiano,

Bodhi Diesel

Cannabis Snob
luchiano said:
I understand what you're stating but read my post because I explained exactly what you just stated as to why people don't see how dabbing is still burning their oils, one has cellulose and the other doesn't but burning is still occurring. Read my post again.
Yes I read your post and understand your assumptions as well as your myopic view of variable temperature vaporizers.

And basically I think you're full of shit!

Bodhi Diesel,

luchiano

Don't hate me baby. Just letting you know how it is mayyyne :lol:

Don't put all your hope in things but in knowledge, wisdom and understanding and you wouldn't get so mad when someone states something you thought was right, was wrong. It's all about correction and growth.

If you think I'm wrong Put it on me and I will admit it.

luchiano,

Bodhi Diesel

Cannabis Snob
luchiano said:
Don't hate me baby. Just letting you know how it is mayyyne :lol:

Don't put all your hope in things but in knowledge, wisdom and understanding and you wouldn't get so mad when someone states something you thought was right, was wrong. It's all about correction and growth.

If you think I'm wrong Put it on me and I will admit it.

I don't hate you, I don't know you.

I just think you're full of shit.

You haven't shown me anything except your uninformed opinions. It's not my place to prove you wrong, it's your duty to prove that your assertions are correct. So far, you've been a failure. Your assumptions have no merit.

Bodhi Diesel,

mrfloopa

Vappy
Bodhi Diesel said:
You haven't shown me anything except your uninformed opinions. It's not my place to prove you wrong, it's your duty to prove that your assertions are correct. So far, you've been a failure. Your assumptions have no merit.

I'm seeing a double standard, here.

mrfloopa,

mrfloopa

Vappy
But I will say that ash, smoke, and a flame aren't exactly the scientific definition of "combustion." You can burn alcohol, for example, and you only get 1/3. But it is combustion. You can also heat up metal so hot that it combusts material that it comes in contact with, which is certainly possible with oils.

mrfloopa,

Bodhi Diesel

Cannabis Snob
mrfloopa said:
But I will say that ash, smoke, and a flame aren't exactly the scientific definition of "combustion." You can burn alcohol, for example, and you only get 1/3. But it is combustion. You can also heat up metal so hot that it combusts material that it comes in contact with, which is certainly possible with oils.
Did you happen to see the word implies in my statement.

And while we're at it... The term "vaporization", when being applied to the actions of consuming cannabis in any form is wrong anyway. The correct scientific name for the process in volatilization.

Bodhi Diesel,

mrfloopa

Vappy
And in certain grammatical constructs, you can use either. Why does it have to be "I'm right, you're wrong?" and all the bad manners?

Major edit: I took down a lot of stuff that might come across as confrontational. The point is, it is one thing to have a discussion, another to blatantly insult other users due to differing opinions. It is helpful to stop seeing things in a "I'm right, you're wrong, prove otherwise" mentality. It's a quick way to gain a reputation.

mrfloopa,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
combust only by accident or special occasions nowadays...or probably if i travel somewhere that smoking is just the only feasible way to use my ganja - but i havent done any international traveling since ive started vaping only, so i havent tested the last condition out yet...

or if i come across a pack of these special editions:

weed%20cigs.jpeg

akwardsauce,

mrfloopa

Vappy
akwardsauce said:
or if i come across a pack of these special editions:

weed%20cigs.jpeg

That will be the day I willingly re-pick up combustion for a while. Just because I'd want to try the factory packed legal ones, ya know? :cool:

Edit: Woo! I got the picture to work. Much easier than I thought. :b

mrfloopa,

akwardsauce

ya but look how long those filters are, though...

if you could even get through it, it would be a soggy mess at the end...& you would have some sticky lips for a while, too...

vaporization has officially spoiled me - i would have never even considered those as obstacles before - just challenges...

akwardsauce,

mrfloopa

Vappy
akwardsauce said:

if you could even get through it, it would be a soggy mess at the end...& you would have some sticky lips for a while, too...

vaporization has officially spoiled me - i would have never even considered those as obstacles before - just challenges...

Ah. I was under the impression that was a joke-type picture. I certainly would hope they know how to do filters for those special babies if those aren't it and this happens. Otherwise you might have to end up vaping the filter to get what got stuck. :lol:

mrfloopa,

Bodhi Diesel

Cannabis Snob
mrfloopa said:
And in certain grammatical constructs, you can use either. Why does it have to be "I'm right, you're wrong?" and all the bad manners?
Ask luchiano, he's the one that brought the original argument claiming to be right and I was wrong.
luchiano has NO empirical evidence to suggest anything I vaporize on a Titanium skillet contains any "carcinogenic compounds" or that there is any "BURNING OF THESE OILS".
He has no clue what temperatures that I or anyone else uses for dabbing.

As for his unfounded speculation that...
luchiano said:
Once in a while I don't think this is a problem but doing it all the time weekly I think will build up in your body and cause some problems maybe lungs or respiratory problems or others I don't know but I do notice skin wise people who smoke a lot of hash have a look to their skin as they get older like people who smoke a lot of cigarettes have.
... is total unadulterated Bullshit

mrfloopa said:
Major edit: I took down a lot of stuff that might come across as confrontational. The point is, it is one thing to have a discussion, another to blatantly insult other users due to differing opinions. It is helpful to stop seeing things in a "I'm right, you're wrong, prove otherwise" mentality. It's a quick way to gain a reputation.
You think a "reputation" on a two bit stoner forum is that important? Seriously???

Modnote: Yes, keeping the conversations friendly is important here, as outlined in our "Be Nice" rules. :)

Bodhi Diesel,

akwardsauce

mrfloopa said:
akwardsauce said:

Ah. I was under the impression that was a joke-type picture. I certainly would hope they know how to do filters for those special babies if those aren't it and this happens. Otherwise you might have to end up vaping the filter to get what got stuck. :lol:

ya definitely is a joke. marlboro would shit their panties if they saw that.

im not even a ciggy user, but i gotta admit that pack of cigs looks pretty damn cool...id still never trust anything with that marlboro name on it...

is vaping resin actually possible/worth anything? i feel like that stuff has experienced hotter temps than vaping goes up to, so would it be useless unless a lighter is involved? wouldnt taste that good, though...

akwardsauce,

mrfloopa

Vappy
I've vaped the resin from my bowls before. It works... but it tastes very gross and I don't feel much or for very long. So yeah. My dream is ruined.

mrfloopa,

luchiano

Bodhi Diesel, no anger for something not being directed at you but at a technique. Be cool brudda. Now lets use that brain you have shall we.

When you heat up the nail don't you heat it up until it's showing red and so hot that the oil/hash boils away nearly on contact?.

Don't most people who dab use thick concentrations that when using a real vaporizer takes time to boil away most of it using high heat in the 420f-446f range or 9 on a volcano?.

This would mean that the nail/pad is MUCH hotter than the hottest vaporizer temperature which brings me to my second question.

If the essential oils are hydrocarbons that are short and medium chained, meaning they can be so lite they turn into a gas at room temperature, and can create soot and toxic compounds when heated to a high temperature and we know that the pad is way hotter than it needs to be for these oils to boil why do you think they will just boil away with no consequence when hash/oil are high in these essential oils, they hold heat and oxygen VERY WELL, which is needed for the degradation process to be done, and you're using a scorching hot metal with a bong which allows the oil to come into contact with the high heat and a lot of oxygen, which is why that little drop of oil makes big clouds, it's mixing with air and puffing up?.

Lets not get emotional brudda and use that brain that we are renting while we're here on this planet. Let me know brudda, let me know what it isssssss. BRING IT ON JACK.

luchiano,

Bodhi Diesel

Cannabis Snob
luchiano said:
When you heat up the nail don't you heat it up until it's showing red and so hot that the oil/hash boils away nearly on contact?.
No. I've been using my skillet long enough to know how long it takes to reach the correct temp. It doesn't glow red.

luchiano said:
Don't most people who dab use thick concentrations that when using a real vaporizer takes time to boil away most of it using high heat in the 420f-446f range or 9 on a volcano?.
Anyone who tries to vaporize concentrates in an electric vaporizer is a rube.

luchiano said:
If the essential oils are a hydrocarbon and can create soot and toxic compounds when heated to a high temperature
Hydrocarbons? Soot? Toxic Compounds? I don't know what kind of trash you or your friends call Oil, Silly Putties or Hash, but NONE that me or my friends make have ANY hydrocarbons or produce ANY soot or toxic compounds.

You just lost any shred of credibility you thought you had.

Modnote: Please keep our "Be Nice" rules in mind. This discussion doesn't need any bad vibes. Thank you. :)

Bodhi Diesel,

djonkoman

umm... thc is a hydrocarbon, so if your oil doesn't contain hydrocarbons I wonder what you're vaping....

djonkoman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom