Do you still combust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockynh

I realize I'm posting this on 'fuck combustion dot com' but still I wonder. I realize the health benefits of vaporization and that it is more efficient, yet I can't deny all of the wonderful experiences combustion has given me. Granted, I didn't know there was an alternative until recently. Also, during the beginnings of my weed-smoking days, I never would have had the money for a vaporizer. I've smoked out of all varieties of ungodly objects that should never be used for smoking, out of glass bowls, bubblers, chillums, dugouts, low end flea market acrylic bongs, all the way up to high end RooRs. But those all came with time; in the beginning, there were the days of plastic bottles (SO many plastic bottles :uhoh:), milk jugs, branches carved into bowls, and the harshest of them all, an inhaler and a kazoo. (To this day, I have never hit anything as harsh as that kazoo... i cough just thinking about it!)

Anyways, barring health circumstances that make it not an option, I was wondering if any of the FC community still lights their weed on fire from time to time. I will have a PD waiting for me once my T-break ends in early September, but my friends still combust exclusively. I've decided to compromise and only vape while at home, and let myself still combust while out and about. What do you guys do?

rockynh,

lwien

I do from time to time, and every time I do it, it reminds me why I like vapor so much. You do get more of a "complete" high when you smoke but I can taste and smell all that toxic shit going into my lungs and for me, it's just not worth it.

lwien,

djonkoman

I do still combust, but that's more a case of easiness in some situations(sometimes I don't want to explain how my VG wrks to people that have never used it before, and on sunny days the blue flame of the jet torch is hard to see outsode so sometimes I then also decide to combust)
at home I almost strictly vape with my pd(sometmes exceptions, mostly with hash)

but my health never was a prime reason for me to start vaping, I read it gives more a mental high and that's the reason I thought I would like it, and I was right
also vapor just feels better, if I want to relax it feels better to inhale smooth vapor and see nice clouds(I like how vapor looks when exhaled more then smoke), instead of charring my throat
and taste is nice, on the ocassions I can taste it
also before vaping I was a weekly smoker, that became a daily vaper almost immediatly after I got my VG(within 1-2 weeks after I think)
finally I could watch a whole stonermovie while high instead of falling asleep halfway, and I find vaping more reaxed, I can do it from my chair(smoking also but then I get a smokey room and smoke in all my stuff, so smoke I blow out the window)
no pressure to keep hitting because it''s not burning away, I can space the hits out more if I like to
and no ashtray or ash that you can get over yourself, and cleaning a vape is a big step up from that nasty combusiontar in pipes

djonkoman,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
No, I'm at the point where getting high isn't worth coughing for the next 30 minutes, nor the associated health risk with smoking. It simply makes me not enjoy weed, my high, or my throat. I will most always pass when offered something to smoke, I don't smoke anything and I'm no longer going to make an exception for weed.

I began vaping because of the health benefits as well as the money saving aspects, where I live herb isn't cheap and I can't afford to burn it or harm myself doing so. :2c:

aesthyrian,

rockynh

This is beginning to make me nervous. How would you describe the high as more 'complete,' lwien? I was never bothered too much by the health effects of smoking, and aside from the occasional monster rip (one of my friends has a 3 foot roor... ow!) I didn't find smoking uncomfortable. I obviously enjoy being high if I was willing to smoke every day for a solid year.
I was going on the assumption that the high was more or less the same and that the smell was harder to notice when I ordered my PD. Maybe someday the health aspect will get to me, I'll wake up and cough up tar from my lungs, but that's never happened to me yet and I've smoked a whole lot.

The efficiency makes me want to go through with it anyway though, I feel combustion will never be able to equal that.

rockynh,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
You are just used to ingesting smoke IMO. If you were to try just vaping exclusively for a few months then tried to smoke a bowl, joint or a bong you would probably not experience the same joy you used to. Mostly because you will have been spoiled by the vape and no longer used to that hot, thick smoke.

Don't be nervous about buying a vape, just give it a fair chance and preferably a break from smoking as well so you aren't always trying to chase that carcinogen high you get while smoking, that most people associate with weed. That's the element that people seem to miss from smoking, the part that is created as a by product of smoking and has little to do with the herb at all, but way more to do with the fact that you are burning and inhaling dried vegetable matter.

An adjustable temp vape would be nice to help ween you from smoking to vaping, because then you can start with a high temp which will release more of the CBD's and CBN's that could help you feel more of that "complete" high that lwien was talking about, and gradually over time lower it until you find a nice clean temp that satisfies you. Although the PD i definitely a quality product, albeit fixed temp.

aesthyrian,

lwien

"Complete" meaning that with smoking, you're getting the full compliment of THC/CBD/CBN'S which provides the total body high along with the cerebral high, but I don't mean to imply that "complete" is necessarily better. There are many, including myself most of the time, that prefer to do without the couch like body stoned that vapor provides, but sometimes, it's nice to experience them both, but again, for me, the nasty taste and smell of smoke as well as the burning sensation at the back of my throat is a real turn off.

lwien,

rockynh

Hmm, perhaps it was just that I acclimated myself and reduced my tolerance. In my more foolish days I was out functioning while really, really high - burn cruising to school and such. Not smart. Still, I've gone skiing, gone running, lifted weights, played paintball etc. while stoned via combustion, so I don't associate it with debilitating couchlock. (not that I've never experienced it :lol:)

I've already put in my order for a PD and by the time I get to use it, I won't have smoked for over two months, so I'll reserve my judgement until I try it. Worst case scenario, I have a bong AND a nice vape and will always have the choice! :D

rockynh,

lwien

rockynh said:
Worst case scenario, I have a bong AND a nice vape and will always have the choice! :D

Yup, and then you will also have the choice to use your PD THROUGH your bong.

lwien,

weedemon

enthusiast
not really. I may take a hit of a doobie now and then when it's going round, but i don't find myself ever choosing to combust over vaporizing.

Yesterday i smoked 2 hits of some BHO though. it still tasted pretty damn good :p

weedemon,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Amen to that, lwien. My PD inverted on my bong is the highlight of my day! :brow:

Stu,

Nycdeisel

Im with Lwien, I dont really smoke, but on occasion when I do, its so unpleasant that I regret it and just wished I had just vaped instead. Not worth it for me either. I would only try smoking oils now, not flowers.

Nycdeisel,
Nycdeisel said:
Im with Lwien, I dont really smoke, but on occasion when I do, its so unpleasant that I regret it and just wished I had just vaped instead. Not worth it for me either. I would only try smoking oils now, not flowers.

+1 for this. Very rarely will I drag on a pipe or doobie, ripping my head away with the thought "wow that last poke tasted good."

biojuggernaut,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Back in the evil days when I had only one vaporizer, it busticated itself and my wife and I decided to light up for the evening. Never again! Foul taste, nasty smell, coughing... just plain disgusting. I would rather go without. Needless to say, the next day I ordered a second vaporizer.

pakalolo,

turtles

as an asthmatic I never even started, sometimes even the mflb was too harsh and irritated my breathing
was worth it to spend the money on vapes to me

turtles,

gobbly

I predominantly vape, but I certainly have no qualms smoking. New batches need to get sampled with a flame, gotta see how they burn, how they feel, and the subtle flavors that come out with combustion. Passing a doobs around a campfire with a group of friends. The space cruise where you don't want anything illegal in your car after you partake (another situation fit for a doob :D). Vaping keif can be a lesson in frusteration without specific vape models, so for me it almost always goes into a bowl. Oil goes onto a skillet or a nail (some would argue that isn't vaping, since I don't mind smoking, I really don't care what you classify it as :D).

I didn't start vaping for the health benefits, I also believe that small amounts of combusing aren't really going to harm me anymore than most acceptable risks we take in life, like breathing the air, or driving.

gobbly,
I always prefer vapingherbals if I can help it. Smoking is like picking barley and just chewing it, while vaping is like harvesting, hulling, refining and malting it so you can make bread or beer. Smoking is wasteful and tastes like stank ass halfway through the first hit.

charliedontsurf,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've been smoking joints for almost 25 years now and trying to switch to vaping since December last year, but still smoke a joint occasionally when I really feel like it (= crave it). I just find the effects of smoking more satisfying then from vaping, but I don't like the stink and the healt risks that come with it. I've simply lost to many friends and family members to lung-cancer over the last few years & don't feel like being the next victim. I hope that one day I'll loose all desire to smoke, but even though I do see progress in that direction I'm still not there yet.

OhTheAgony,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Never smoked a thing...started few years ago with weed+tobacco (yeah, we use that here...) and in the beginning I found it harsh...then I got used to it and went along with my bongs with water filtration and ice cooling, made my hits way smoother...kept it on for couple of years before investigating on vaporland, knowing if I wanted to keep my habit going for many years, I shouldn't rely too much on smoke, if not at all. Since I was (and still am) a bong rip lover, I stumbled upon my herbo that fitted my roor perfectly and since I started vaping and lurking FC I rarely looked back to smoking, only when out with friends. then I decided it was time to quit that too and bought myself a mflb, and since then, I pass on joints when offered...

Smokey,

happyhippe

Semi Vaporist
Same boat as you ohtheagony i started smoking blunts for around 5 years and got heath conscience and switch to joints, a few years down the road my lungs are crap and started using bongs, bubblers the works, and am now just getting my foot wet with a light bulb vape. Definatly cut down but just love a jay rolled in Raw organic papers. Ive lost many family members to marlboroand hate myself everytime i pull the plastic to open a new pack. Ive been down to 5 a day for the last year.just need to be smoke free

happyhippe,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i will still combust with friends on occasion, but i try to keep it minimal as it really isn't as pleasant as vaporizing anymore.

stroh,
happyhippe said:
Same boat as you ohtheagony i started smoking blunts for around 5 years and got heath conscience and switch to joints, a few years down the road my lungs are crap and started using bongs, bubblers the works, and am now just getting my foot wet with a light bulb vape. Definatly cut down but just love a jay rolled in Raw organic papers. Ive lost many family members to marlboroand hate myself everytime i pull the plastic to open a new pack. Ive been down to 5 a day for the last year.just need to be smoke free

vaping 25/7 stops nicotine addiction or so I hear :cool: :lol:

biojuggernaut,

happyhippe

Semi Vaporist
25/7? if i could i would:p 25/8 if your going to add one. Seriously does it help it though. Its probly in my mind becuase its always been a habit, i have a cig out near the end of any sesh

happyhippe,

SD_haze

I used to 50/50 vape/combust while I had my iolite but out of the 2+ months I've had my supreme I've combusted maybe...4 times or less.

Every time it was in groups where someone really wanted to smoke and the other time i couldnt refill my lighter in the car because of bumpy roads D:

The weird thing is I barely felt the smoke in my lungs and didnt cough.

SD_haze,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom