Do you rotate two or more strains to curb your tolerance?

Whissmu

It's a pretty simple question, but do any of you use more than one strain in the same day to curb the tolerance of one particular strain.

yes!!
I prefer to avoid the salads, I prefer to taste and enjoy each strain separately, I also alternate between one variety and another to curb my tolerance. I think if I put together several strains my tolerance goes up and I the have ridiculously high: S

howie105

I like a nice
Hello FC, it's Tbone from Canada. Praying you're all doing very well. Thanks for chiming in or reading the thread.

Okay,
It's a pretty simple question, but do any of you use more than one strain in the same day to curb the tolerance of one particular strain.

Its seems to be a question of saturation for me, if I ramp up dosages to far I will need a break to get back online regardless of how I mix strains. On the other hand if I keep my dosages low enough I can keep vapeing the same strain for months without a need for a T- break. I do however enjoy mixing things up for different tastes and buzzes.

Do you feel this wouldn't work? I haven't really been able to try. I definitely know it works with a Sativa and an Indica strain if I rotate one for day and one for night time I can definitely tell the differences. More clearly, I simply want to know if you've had experience with two Sativa's (or dominants) or two Indica's (or dominants) that you would rotate throughout the day or even the week, and what did you experience?

<3 gracias :D

Its seems to be a question of saturation for me, if I ramp up dosages to far I will need a break to get back online regardless of how I mix strains. On the other hand if I keep my dosages low enough I can keep vapeing the same strain for months without a need for a T- break. I do however enjoy mixing things up for different tastes and buzzes.

C No Ego

yes!!
I prefer to avoid the salads, I prefer to taste and enjoy each strain separately, I also alternate between one variety and another to curb my tolerance. I think if I put together several strains my tolerance goes up and I the have ridiculously high: S
I've found that some mixes can be horrible on the throat... something about the different profiles together- that scratch that won't go away LOL

*itch= lol

Last edited:
C No Ego,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I try and have a lot of different strains on hand at any time, Indica's, Sativa's and hybrids.
If i use one strain for a few days i find i need more and more of it for the effects i am looking for.
Switching up strains throughout the day/session helps me a lot!
As well as switching vapes often to avoid the vape signature.

Also from Canada and am loving the dispensaries and MOM's for ordering from!
I will usually do a large order of a lot of 3,5g varieties.

Variety is awesome!

Baron23

I think I have mentioned before that over the very long time I have been using MJ, I have noticed that indeed I become a bit desensitized to whatever bag of crap I was smoking at the time and that this has extended to vaping also.

Not sure why, and its subjective evidence only, but I feel confident that this has been my experience.

Going on a t-break starting tomorrow. I don't look forward to it but I'm going to give it a hard shot. Haven't really taken a good long break for...oh, 7 years I think. If I can make it 4 weeks I will, but I'm shooting for 2 weeks minimum. We will see.

Ta'

C No Ego

I think I have mentioned before that over the very long time I have been using MJ, I have noticed that indeed I become a bit desensitized to whatever bag of crap I was smoking at the time and that this has extended to vaping also.

Not sure why, and its subjective evidence only, but I feel confident that this has been my experience.

Going on a t-break starting tomorrow. I don't look forward to it but I'm going to give it a hard shot. Haven't really taken a good long break for...oh, 7 years I think. If I can make it 4 weeks I will, but I'm shooting for 2 weeks minimum. We will see.

Ta'
check out cannabimimetic agents that target the same recptors that cannabis does... you can titrate with other nutraceuticals that help increase fat burning and add lots of omega three to your diet.. you will actually have a buzzed effect if you mix the correct cannabimimetics

C No Ego,

C No Ego

@Baron23 if you figure some of it out please share your findings... I am still researching decarboxylated compounds in species other than cannabis, after learning that decarboxylation exposes the molecules for better absorption does it too do it with other species as well etc... interesting research to say the least

C No Ego,
Reactions: CarolKing

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
vHmoz2N.jpg

:nod::rockon:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I wish I had that much time - it would be truly enjoyable as some of this stuff is amazing. I'm fortunate I was able to put that stash together and hope it lasts me quite some time. I have enough variety where I sometimes won't use the same strain for a week, it's great. :D

CloudyDayz

No . . if I have 2 strains I will vape the better one first. I might alternate a tiny bit but more just for fun. I tend to see strains as more or less potent vs appreciating different tastes or effects. I do recognize a difference between an "up" high and a "couch lock" high . .but I'm good with either and use them interchangeably. I can sleep on an up high and I can work on a couch-lock high ....is what I'm sayin. I suppose if I had super dank examples of both at the same time I would alternate more .. but still not for tolerance reasons.

I have a high tolerance and sometimes that's an issue .. but then I change method - I like making tincture a lot.

hinglemccringleberry

Geez, and here I thought I was overindulging having 4 strains. Ideally I have mostly indica/indica dominant strains and 1 sativa strain in my stash as I don't dayvape as often.

EDIT: This is my 420th post. Guess it's time to say goodbye :lol:

raelalt

Kept in the dark and fed ...
How would someone develop a tolerance to specific strains? Isn't it the chemical compounds (particularly THC) within the strains that would cause your body to develop a tolerance towards it? The only way I see it happening is if the strain you are using has a relatively high concentration of CBD (which mitigates the effects of THC). After prolonged usage one's body develops some tolerance to the THC which is further lessened by the presence of CBD. When changing to a new strain, which has a less concentration of CBD, one feels a stronger effect because there is less CBD to counteract the THC. But this would only work one way, as going from a low CBD strain to a high CBD strain would actually cause the user to feel LESS of an effect.

MinnBobber

I have no idea how, but I do know, for me, I do. :cool:
Tolerance?
for me it's not exactly a "tolerance" issue but a "new and different feeling" , contrasted with doing the same strain over and over again for the same effects. When you switch strains it's a new and different feeling/new effects and it just feels extra good.
If one does the same strain repeatedly (your choice or you only have one strain), it just gets a little old, still good but old.
If you made a great omelette, for example, but had it for every meal for a week, it's not quite as great at the end.

With one strain, you can at least try to mix it up with different vapes, water/no water, etc to vary the experience.

Gigsabits53

I like to have different strains for a few reasons. Mostly, I want a hybrid during the day and an Indica at night. The other reason is tolerance. I feel like it helps to switch up, sort of confuses your body. At least that is what I like to believe. I have no idea if any of this is scientifically true, but for me it seems to help. Maybe its the placebo effect?? I dont know, but its still nice to have some variety.

I rarely have access to different strains but I always try to locate something different. Every so often I get lucky. :)

C No Ego

How would someone develop a tolerance to specific strains? Isn't it the chemical compounds (particularly THC) within the strains that would cause your body to develop a tolerance towards it? The only way I see it happening is if the strain you are using has a relatively high concentration of CBD (which mitigates the effects of THC). After prolonged usage one's body develops some tolerance to the THC which is further lessened by the presence of CBD. When changing to a new strain, which has a less concentration of CBD, one feels a stronger effect because there is less CBD to counteract the THC. But this would only work one way, as going from a low CBD strain to a high CBD strain would actually cause the user to feel LESS of an effect.

differences in a particular Strains effects are noticed via the terpene differences from each Bud/Flower... even the same strain from the same Grow can lean in different directions indica leaning or sativa leaning... a simple switch profile in the aromatic compounds (terpenes) changes the entire direction THC/CBD takes on the active cb receptor channel...http://www.bionity.com/en/encyclopedia/G_protein-coupled_receptor.html

because of the volatility rate of the less dense chemical compound structure of the aromatic terpenes (smells).... aromatic terpenes evaporate first leading into the Bio- directional cellular through channels for the heavier, less to evaporate tri-cyclic terpenes thc / cbd.
thc and cbd have no smell because of their molar mass / structure, and the biological functioning thc and cbd compounds serve within the plant as glandular secretions... Terpenes in cannabis are created from any available metallic oxide (mica) in the growing medium... the better the growing medium the smellier the plant!
here is an article explaining cb-2 antagonist action...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2449371/

so, basically thc and cbd are all the same fundamental structure within the biology of every cannabis plant chemically/structurally speaking and terpene profiles augment thc/cbd biological effect @ the neuro-receptor

Tolerance?
for me it's not exactly a "tolerance" issue but a "new and different feeling" , contrasted with doing the same strain over and over again for the same effects. When you switch strains it's a new and different feeling/new effects and it just feels extra good.
If one does the same strain repeatedly (your choice or you only have one strain), it just gets a little old, still good but old.
If you made a great omelette, for example, but had it for every meal for a week, it's not quite as great at the end.

With one strain, you can at least try to mix it up with different vapes, water/no water, etc to vary the experience.

When a medical user finds that particular strain that works it gets to where tolerance can be good and bad.. if they reach tolerance and want to increase dosage to treat condition then tolerance reduces effects which is good... if therapeutic effect goes down with tolerance then that's the bad...

recreational users rely on tolerance for a "high" while preventive medical treatment LOFL is a known common side effect= WTF
I could see headlines... what are the side effects of recreational use?= medical effect!

shredder

I've been using almost exclusively concentrates (rosin) for a couple months now.

I notice less tolerance issues with rosin, but new varieties definitely are welcome, and there is a period where I get super ripped with each new one.

And to switch things up, I blend rosins. Mostly I add cbd rosin in varying percentages. I feel this enhances the medical effects. And adding Cannatonic#4 rosin seems to make most varieties more uplifting.

stressed

i grew for a long time and usually had 3 or more genetics. i would smoke/vape one genetic each day. i tried to mix a few genetics one day and got a headache. so Eff that.

the last year or so, with legal med pot, i find i just play grab the genetic and switch off a few of them over the course of the day. no headaches and great highs. i'm retired. :)

just now i vaped a bit too much shatter and bud and couldn't keep my eyes open for a couple minutes. i think if i did one more bag of vape, i'd pass out. but with a smile on my face.

Top Bottom