Do you prefer a narrower mouthpiece?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Josh says it's better for flavor and I was wondering how to factor that in as I shop for a first water pipe.

Also curious if there's a diffuser style or size that's a good starting point for vapor use only.

MinnBobber

Diffuser style and size of can are VERY dependent on your goals for the vapor:
Do you want maximum flavor (minimum diffusion) or maximum smoothness (max diffusion)?
It's sort of a continuum --- so where do you want to be, in the middle or toward one end??

I'm a flavor chaser so all my water pieces have minimal diffusion/ basic percs.

Vaping does not need a big unit ---many former combusters make the mistake of buying big-ass
water bubblers that are not the best for vaping.

Also, you should try experimenting with water temperature as vapor does not need much cooling BUT
it is very very very dry so warm water adds more moisture vs cold water. Try different temps of water and
even try with no water...

howie105

The more you let people know about what you are looking for in a piece of glass the better the suggestions you will get. Things like price, size/volume, whips versus fixed mouthpieces, what vape you are pairing to are good places to start. Also if you already have combustion glass it may not be necessary to purchase a new piece, some of combustion pieces work well with some vapes. Good Luck

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks! I'd written a post in ask FC with the vapes I want to use but I redid it it here on my phone and forgot, sorry.

I'll be using it with a Solo II, a Fury 2, and a VapCap. My goals are just a bit of cooling or moisturizing or whatever you folks think will make the above vapes more comfortable for my girlfriend.

I tried a DaVinci scope H20 mouthpiece with the Fury 2 but the water didn't do much and the design of those water mouthpieces is annoying to clean.

I was thinking of maybe starting with a J hook or a helix adapter knockoff. My favorite experience is the Solo II with the included long mouthpiece. They make a skinny water mouthpiece too but folks do complain about it getting dirty.

I do like the flavor of the Solo II. That was the vape that taught me what flavor was about really.

I'm a microdoser and I like to take three to five high temp draws on about .1g and toast it completely.

Thanks again.

bossman,
Reactions: Jill NYC

howie105

Good morning Bossman and thanks for the clarification. I know the Solo and the VC so I can actually comment. For those vapes I like minimal diffusion and volume in those glass pieces with micro hits. Too much diffusion and taste can suffer and too much volume and micro dose hits can get lost in the interior space when you clear the piece.

RiDeUYC.jpg

As an example the little MFLB bubbler (next to the beer can) is one I really like for flavor out of micro hits but if I want more diffusion I would go with the piece in the middle, still relatively small volume but the three honeycomb platforms make for lots of interaction between the vapor and water during a hit. Of course all this is personal preference in a piece and we are all different, good luck.

Top Bottom