1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you notice an increase in mucus production from frequent vaping?

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by invertedisdead, Apr 3, 2018.

?

Do you notice an increase in mucus production from frequent vaping?

1. Always

14 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. Very frequently

28 vote(s)
    42.4%
  3. Rarely

9 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Never

15 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. SinVape

SinVape New Member

Depends on the potency of the herb am puffin on. I use a Xvape Fog at the moment and there is some residue built up in the mouthpiece but not that big. Cleaning it every 2 weeks keeps it ok for me.

2. invertedisdead

invertedisdead FC-OG

That's a good question, I think there would be a lot of variables. IMO direct draw with the shortest vapor path should be ideal for reducing condensation, but that means the incoming vapor must be hotter to stay in phase, so then it becomes a trade off with perceived harshness there. No free lunch!?

KidFated., biohacker and Alexis like this.
  3. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

It's free orange juice- cups 50p!:rofl:

KidFated. and invertedisdead like this.
  4. wall

wall Well-Known Member

This is kind of hard to answer because I get allergies regardless, the one thing I did notice since vaping more frequent is that I get hives if I scratch somewhere on me, not uncontrollable by any means but I've never had this before. To add to the oddness of all of it I don't really get them when I vape (sometimes I get itchy but not bad) but in general when I scratch anywhere it usually welts up no matter if I have vaped or not. Yay for weird health stuff!

His_Highness likes this.
  5. olivianewtonjohn

olivianewtonjohn Well-Known Member

Yes I get mucus in the mornings especially after a heavy vaporizing session the night before. I dont think its because MJ is an expectorant likely due to irritation of the respiratory tract.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    KidFated., Alexis, tonuzzi and 4 others like this.
  6. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

I've always said that there is a fine line between expectorant and irritant! I'm with you.

7. ginolicious

ginolicious Well-Known Member

Guess I’m vaping tonight. Had a sore throat for a few days. Been hacking out mad loogies all week. Want it gone now that it’s the weekend. Enjoy some beers and Alien OG.

Really never knew it was an expectorant.

KidFated. and His_Highness like this.
  8. Lucky4luck

Lucky4luck New Member

never had that situation

His_Highness likes this.
  9. Jambi619

Jambi619 Cannabis Crusader

Something I'm starting to notice, and was about to post my own thread about before seeing this, is the amount of fine particles that come through in the vapor. I've been using a glass J hook and there are bits of debris all the way up to the end of the stem, so some of that is making its way in the lungs.

Shit, that's probably what vapor is; super-fine plant particulates, heated to near combustion, suspended in a resinous steam...all up in your bronchi. I'm no Kevin Sabet, but that seems like it could probably stress your tissues...maybe even do some damage, though I'm not aware of any studies that have shown that. Then again, I'm usually looking at NORML not NIDA.

As for the mucus, I haven't noticed anything weird but I stay pretty elevated so hard to tell what's base-line. What sorta mucus are we talking about anyway? Runny nose? Flem? That vile discharge ya from sticking strange things in strange places? :brow:

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  10. Some-new-user

Some-new-user Active Member

I think I do notice more mucus. I am an ex smoker of nearly 20 years with a few sober years dotted around.

I recently had some sort of cold or flu bug illness thing and today I coughed brown mucus up. I've been using a bubbler this week so may have been inhaling deeper than what I would normally. I'm also using CBD hemp, not sure if this is making a difference but I'm feeling a lot better. I used to have it a lot worse (black) when I would smoke which isn't too long ago. I just see it as them clearing things out. @Jambi619 I think you're right here. We're not only inhaling one molecule we're inhaling other cannabinoids, terpenes and probably some fine dust and plant material too. You only have to look at glass, gauze and mouthpieces to see that they accumulate resin. Something's going to get through. I guess activity and knowing your body. I take peppermint oil for digestion as I sometimes get mucus or heartburn after eating.

I've been vaporizing other herbs too. I seem to be feeling the effects more from a higher quality vaporizer. I had a session with a few different herbs in the volcano, Mint sort of stained the bag for a few days and gave stuff a menthol sort of taste.

There's lung cleansing herbs, eucalyptus I've tried and enjoyed and wild oregano seems to be popular but I haven't tried this yet. I guess vaping may never be as pure and healthy as just breathing fresh clean air but I work in a built up city live in a popular town. There's pollution and carcinogens everywhere. What we're doing is just aromatherapy in my opinion,using organic material.

Be well :peace:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors