1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you like where you live?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GetLeft, Mar 25, 2017.

1. ensabbahnur

ensabbahnur Well-Known Member

Im in NV, a great place to visit but i can't recommend living here unless you really like deserts and a ton of open spaces. We have the unique combo of legal weed, legal gambling, legal prostitution and 24/7/365 sales and legal consumption of alcohol, last call in all most any form does not exist in this state.....not to mention no state income tax and very reasonable (relatively) gun laws. We have camel races, piston airplane races and ballon races, the national bowling stadium, tesla gigafactory 1, burning man, Vegas and Tahoe of course, and tons of nuclear subsidence craters around the Nevada Test Site. If the expanse and desert ever get to be too much i just hop back over into california or take the quick drive to oregon or washington for a nice palette cleanse.

2. vapingupman

vapingupman Member

Live in nature, enjoy in nature. I love natural things and also believe you will be happy all the time.

GetLeft, muunch, Squiby and 2 others like this.
  3. vapingupman

vapingupman Member

I come from a small village of China, where has picturesque scenery, fresh air, and people are very friendly. When I grow up, because of my work, I came to the big city. You can see the high buildings anywhere.People are busy respectively, but it has never lacked laughter around. Both the village or city, I love the beautiful mountains, the clear water, and the enthusiastic people. I love China, also I'm very interested in foreign cultures. In a word, wherever I live in, I'll be very happy, because I love enjoying my life!:love:

GetLeft, OldNewbie, Whisper and 10 others like this.
  4. ChooChooCharlie

ChooChooCharlie Hobo

Missed my turn:

Click to play YouTube Video

Too late, too relaxed now to move:

Click to play YouTube Video

I blame the booze, not the botanicals

GetLeft and Squiby like this.
  5. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Tom Cruises

I live in a small liberal college town in central NYS. I like many things about it, but I also have things I would love to see changed.

I love the nature. I love my job. I love my lady. I love my family. All of these things are here, but I still plan on moving to Cali in a few years. Actually, visiting Cali in just three weeks. Woohoo

pxl_jockey, GetLeft, muunch and 2 others like this.
  6. Whisper

Whisper Member

Small island chain, off of Florida called the Florida Keys. We live 50 miles from Key West, at the base of The 7 Mile Bridge.
    We have a hurricane coming, Irma. Our island is ( maybe ) a mile wide, and 6 or 7 miles long. I like where I live, and have lived here most of my life.
    When I was younger, I traveled some. I camped thru many states as a young woman. As an only child, I returned to the Keys where my Mom, Gmom, GGmom , etc.. lived,
    Please send us positive energy, we are leaving our island home early this morning, 4 a.m. or so. These hurricanes suck, but hell, it's just stuff.:)

GetLeft, Tiny88, Shooby and 8 others like this.
  7. ensabbahnur

ensabbahnur Well-Known Member

Born a Conch on Key West, my thoughts go to you all

GetLeft, Shooby, MinnBobber and 3 others like this.
  8. stardustsailor

stardustsailor Accessory Maker

Nowdays settled in a mythical greek mountain.
    The mountain of the centaurs .
    Deep forests and golden beaches.
    Pelion mountain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A heaven on earth.

9. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

@stardustsailor enjoy, that looks phenomenal. I want to dive in the Water of the last pic right now!

10. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

I live within earshot of Kennedy airport, been here all of my life,
    I've been waiting for the giant tsunami to cleanse the whole scene.
    Just sayin'

pxl_jockey, GetLeft and Squiby like this.
  11. Little Bill

Little Bill Oldest stoner on FC

I'm in North Texas so no hurricane here. My only complaint is no legal flowers.

12. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

Your original post got me to snooping around google maps. I had narrowed it down to south of Albuquerque. Fun wondering what folks do on a mountain in those parts. Drove south down the western side of NM after driving north up the eastern side of AZ and through the four corners area way back in the day when I was living in Tucosn. Beautiful and mystical area from what I recall.

I appreciate all the posts. I'm broadening my palette.

pxl_jockey likes this.
  13. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I live in a auto junkyard underneath an old rusty 1957 Chevy, filled with spiders, in a hole that I hollowed out with a large rock. My hole's not so bad except for the excessive water in the spring, the snakes in the summer, and the freezing in the winter. I get my electricity to vape from a hodge-podge of 300 yards of extension cords snaking into an outlet in the back of an 'old folks' home. The old jerks unplug it all the time.

Gotta think about making a move, I hate winter. :nod:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors