Do you like where you live?

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Im in NV, a great place to visit but i can't recommend living here unless you really like deserts and a ton of open spaces. We have the unique combo of legal weed, legal gambling, legal prostitution and 24/7/365 sales and legal consumption of alcohol, last call in all most any form does not exist in this state.....not to mention no state income tax and very reasonable (relatively) gun laws. We have camel races, piston airplane races and ballon races, the national bowling stadium, tesla gigafactory 1, burning man, Vegas and Tahoe of course, and tons of nuclear subsidence craters around the Nevada Test Site. If the expanse and desert ever get to be too much i just hop back over into california or take the quick drive to oregon or washington for a nice palette cleanse.

vapingupman

All my life I've lived in the city while yearning for a country existence. My dream for fresh air and wide open spaces came true a few years ago.

I live up on a mountain in Canada. A rural location that is still close enough to a major centre if the urge strikes me. I love it out here amongst the trees and wild animals. The air is noticeably cleaner than the city. It's quiet, save for the forest wildlife noises. Life is slower here but I get more exercise than when I used to go the gym. There's lots to do to keep the place going. I'm isolated but at the same time I'm integrated into the tight knit rural community where everyone looks out for everyone else. In retrospect, I was far more isolated in the crowded hustle and bustle of the city rat race.

It's a simple honest life. I'm happy and content. I've been blessed.
Live in nature, enjoy in nature. I love natural things and also believe you will be happy all the time.

vapingupman

I come from a small village of China, where has picturesque scenery, fresh air, and people are very friendly. When I grow up, because of my work, I came to the big city. You can see the high buildings anywhere.People are busy respectively, but it has never lacked laughter around. Both the village or city, I love the beautiful mountains, the clear water, and the enthusiastic people. I love China, also I'm very interested in foreign cultures. In a word, wherever I live in, I'll be very happy, because I love enjoying my life!:love:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I live in a small liberal college town in central NYS. I like many things about it, but I also have things I would love to see changed.

I love the nature. I love my job. I love my lady. I love my family. All of these things are here, but I still plan on moving to Cali in a few years. Actually, visiting Cali in just three weeks. Woohoo

Whisper

Small island chain, off of Florida called the Florida Keys. We live 50 miles from Key West, at the base of The 7 Mile Bridge.
We have a hurricane coming, Irma. Our island is ( maybe ) a mile wide, and 6 or 7 miles long. I like where I live, and have lived here most of my life.
When I was younger, I traveled some. I camped thru many states as a young woman. As an only child, I returned to the Keys where my Mom, Gmom, GGmom , etc.. lived,
Please send us positive energy, we are leaving our island home early this morning, 4 a.m. or so. These hurricanes suck, but hell, it's just stuff.:)

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Small island chain, off of Florida called the Florida Keys. We live 50 miles from Key West, at the base of a The 7 Mile Bridge.
We have a hurricane coming, Irma. Our island is ( maybe ) a mile wide, and 6 or 7 miles long. I like where I live, and have lived here most of my life.
When I was younger, I traveled some. I camped thru many states as a young woman. As an only child, I returned to the Keys where my Mom, Gmom, GGmom , etc.. lived,
Please send us positive energy, we are leaving our island home early this morning, 4 a.m. or so. These hurricanes suck, but hell, it's just stuff.:)

Born a Conch on Key West, my thoughts go to you all

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Nowdays settled in a mythical greek mountain.
The mountain of the centaurs .
Deep forests and golden beaches.
Pelion mountain.

pilio.jpg

1355922953_4122.jpg

051.jpg

pelion12.jpg

A heaven on earth.

GetLeft

I have not been abducted by aliens which is always a good thing.

Your original post got me to snooping around google maps. I had narrowed it down to south of Albuquerque. Fun wondering what folks do on a mountain in those parts. Drove south down the western side of NM after driving north up the eastern side of AZ and through the four corners area way back in the day when I was living in Tucosn. Beautiful and mystical area from what I recall.

I appreciate all the posts. I'm broadening my palette.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
After visiting northern California I'm no longer satisfied with upstate New York. I really loved the Sacramento area. Just hours from coast or mountains, nice City, very flat which is good for me since I walk everywhere and have bad knees so hills suck lol, and I want more sunshine and legal cannabis in my life. I hate winter, too. I love fall....

Laantje

I'm from Delfzijl, The Netherlands. Its a small harbor town at the north-east corner. I guess its nice here, its pretty quiet and the grocery store is a 10 second walk from my home. I dont have to worry about people whenever I smoke/vape outside. It isnt a big deal anyway here in the Netherlands but you always have some people who have to complain.

I have Groningen(one of the bigger cities) near my place, its also where I go to college. Its around a 30-40 minute drive but from monday to friday I can use the public transport for free everywhere in the country because I am a student. So whenever I get bored Ill just go to the city.

I really hate the weather here. Its mostly just wind with alot of rain. Whenever it gets hot the moisture levels are so high that it makes it uncomfortable. Not to mention we only have a few hot days in a year.

On the otherside, there is enough things to do here. If you put the weather aside the Netherlands is a nice place to live. If anyone wants to live here, try to get a place outside the bigger cities. Its way more quiet and the people are usually more nice. The country is small so you can always get to one pretty quick if you need to.

We have coffeeshops(yay), but weed still isn't legal. Its 'gedoogd' which basically means its still illegal but decriminalized. If you are caught with weed, they might take it from you but if you're over 18 and only have less than 5 grams, they cant arrest/fine you. Coffeeshops are allowed to sell, but weed isnt allowed to be grown. This system is outdated and weird, as it promotes illegal street dealers to sell to coffeeshops. There have been alot of debates about this lately, currently they're expirimenting with state-owned cannabis farms to replace the street dealers. If that works out correctly, a new law will be accepted which says coffeeshops may only buy from these farms. The price per gram will lower and the weed will be more clean. People are worried about the strength getting lower though.

Overall the Netherlands is a nice, modern place to live. I dont have much complaints, the weather just sucks. My only big worry are the terrorist attacks in Europe. So far there hasn't been an attack in the Netherlands yet but you can still feel the tension here, people are easily scared. Its all happening really close here. Several people have been arrested for planning such attacks.

OP, if you do plan on coming to Europe, I would gladly welcome you to the Netherlands. Quality of life here is pretty good, but its a small country. I could see why people are choosing France, England or Germany over the Netherlands, but hey atleast we have the best weed laws in Europe so far :p

GetLeft

Absolutely. Netherlands will be my next trip to Europe. Not that I get there with any frequency. But I do indeed want to get to where you live. Learned a little about its languages last year while discussing European languages in a survey course. Frisian was a topic of discussion. (Your English is good. Other than Dutch and English, what languages do you speak?) And Amsterdam of course.
Amsterdam.jpg

And The Hague (why the 'The'?).
The_Hague_29992.jpg

And the windmills and the tulips.
dutch_tulips.jpeg

And progressive mj laws.

Laantje

Absolutely. Netherlands will be my next trip to Europe. Not that I get there with any frequency. But I do indeed want to get to where you live. Learned a little about its languages last year while discussing European languages in a survey course. Frisian was a topic of discussion. (Your English is good. Other than Dutch and English, what languages do you speak?) And Amsterdam of course.
Amsterdam.jpg

And The Hague (why the 'The'?).
The_Hague_29992.jpg

And the windmills and the tulips.
dutch_tulips.jpeg

And progressive mj laws.
I only speak Dutch and English. I do know a bit of German but I'm not good at it :p

Yeah we have several dialects here in the Netherlands. In the province Groningen, where I come from, we also have 'Gronings'. Frysian is the only one that is officially seen as a different language though.

The reason for 'The Hague' is probably because we call it 'Den Haag' ourselves. 'Den' is the old Dutch way of saying 'The'. Nowadays we just say 'De' instead of 'Den'. Den haag's official name is 's-Gravenhage but because locals had always called it 'Den Hage' the name 'Den Haag' is mostly used by Dutch people. 'The Hague' is just the English version of 'Den Haag'. Haag means Hedge in Dutch. Why locals started calling it 'Den Hage' remains a mystery for me though.

Anyway if you're in the Netherlands and visit Groningen too, message me! I can show you around in the city and the coffeeshops aswell :p I'll bring a vape.

Krazy

>2,500m altitude and >60f Turkey day and today. Crazy nice weather. We are right on the line of what used to be very predictable weather systems. Last few years we have had milder winters and rain out side of the monsoon season.

Global warming: bad for the world, nice for here.

ghostofcyberx13

And That Ain't No Joke, You Can Disappear In Smoke
Hello everyone. I live in a nice, quiet city with no protesters or activists, that is 23 miles south of San Francisco. Don't get me wrong I really like SF but it's become so protest active like all the time, and crime and homelessness has really totally gotten out of hand. Panhandlers have gotten very aggressive and are just lazy as hell and many of them commit crimes as well. I still go to SF occasionally, just put my mt. bike on the train and I am in San Francisco in 45 minutes. Mt. Biking is the only way to go when transversing the city. I like to cruise up the "Embarkadaro" go past Pier 39 and "Chrissy Field" and even cross the "Golden Gate Bridge" on occasion. Years ago I camped on "Angel Island" and it was mt. bike camping. It was great under the stars, and I had some super grass and a small bottle of "Drambuie"(80 proof Liqueor).

Anyway, I have a nice apt. which I have lived in for over 20 years, it's five minutes to town by bike and with all the movement of Silicon Valley all the way up to SF, our little town has become pretty European with tons of little bistros and so many restaurants with sidewalk dining.

Living at the top of a dead-end circle my neighbors to the side and back are in houses with large backyards that are steep. I have a little private patio and it's very quiet and secluded. I love it here but rents are some of the most expensive in the USA now( I have a decent landlord with a conscience)Thousands of new apts are going up all over this area many of which are being built by the Cal-Train tracks.

I woke up this morning(I'm retired no alarm clock) the sun was shining and I saw a couple crows swooping outside my bedroom window. I got out of bed to see what's up, well the crows were buzzing a Red-Tailed Hawk that sitting atop a telephone pole nearby, so I got my Canon 50 Image Stabilizing Binoculars and watched him for a few minutes, he was just relaxing, soaking up the morning sun, preening his feathers. I can see much of the bay area from my window, distant mts., the bay, even all the way to San Jose. "Do you know the way to San Jose", sorry couldn't resist, it's "Pun-O-Matic" only $19.99 from K-Tel, but WAIT, if you act now you'll receive two with free shipping. That is all, OVER, VAPED, & OUT. Sayonara.

Krazy

2 mini fires <5 miles from the house already this year. Never had anything like that before. We had a big one, the dog head fire, 2 years ago. Before that? Nothing in many years.

It isn't even fire season yet; do we have a local fire bug? On the plus side ever time we have a mini fire that doesn't go crazy we have gotten a fire break.

Helios

Hi fellow FCr's, and happy Orthodox Easter! I live in New York's Hudson Valley a few hours north of NYC, having personally lived in numerous states in the US, and abroad I can truly say living in the state of NY is one of the most agriculturally rich and uniquely interesting areas to live. NY state has more than 35,000 farms on more than 7 million acres. That adds up to nearly 1.5 million head of cattle, 40,000 acres of apple trees, $25 million worth of maple syrup and 14 billion pounds of milk according the USDA, a shit ton of Corn, Onions are also grown here along with 325 million pounds of cabbage (should rename it to the Cabbage state) I love that most of the food and drink in my area is locally sourced, lots of wineries and breweries up here, the viticulture and brew industries are amazing,:cheers: The summer months are what we look forward to up here, lots of activities and festivals, Autumn months are absolutely post card stunning great for hiking, cycling or apple picking, The Winters suck! long and cold which can take a toll on spirits with cabin fever, I take advantage of that by going to nearby ski resorts to shoosh on da shlopes, Entertain guests for fun dinners. :tup: if any of you are in the neighborhood swing by.

Top Bottom