Do you hoard your best weed?

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
All my herb is the best, so no need to hoard.

Edit: Seriously, I can't count how many times I thought a strain was incredible, only to find the next one is just as good.

Last edited:

420engineer

I almost think every new strain I try is “the best yet“, till another one knocks my socks off, like a sample of the White Widow this morning :)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I'm going to have to savor my new strains that I bought yesterday. Funny Farms Organic products were the best I've seen at the MMJ Market. The Gorilla Glue is my new fav to use sparingly.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Dug out a buddies 60 days over cross of JFK x FI from almost 3 years ago ........ Amazing strong hash-like taste (me likes :nod:) and I am high as fuck following a low temp (2) session on my Solo :ko:

Why did you have to bring this subject up because NOW I can't stop 'hunting' for the oldies :lol:

smokum,
Reactions: grokit

420engineer

anyone find they form a loyalty, for want of a better description, to a strain, and when you try a new one, only to find it is even better, a certain reluctance to accept that the old king has been dethroned? :/

blankexpression

I keep the best stuff for myself :D
GmRoL3M.jpg

Nugg

I like to keep a few nugs of everything I come across so I have a variety on hand. It's always a little bit sad when you finish a favourite strain but another soon takes its place.

I use boveda packs so my stash doesn't degrade much while in storage which is handy.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I know this thread has been inactive for a while so I thought I'd share my current situation. I'm in NY (Long Island) and always had a "guy" who usually was kind of a friend, but I lost that a couple of years ago, and been paying top dollar with lots of inconvenience and uncertainty. Recently, I met up with a bunch of young ppl (20 somethings) who have guys all over the place. After weighing options, I got a new "guy". I like the kid, he's knows a lot, and he delivers. What's not to like?

I built my stash to about a 1/4 lb. Not sure, but I go 6 small Mason jars pretty full, from probably 4 different strains. I have about another half z for vaping (what my pot dealer friends and I used to call "head pot", when we were kids). All jars are vacuumed sealed, with boveda 62RH packs and hygrometers (hygrometer on bottom separated by cardboard disk). Boveda is ok to make contact, but I'm considering building a system within the jar that will hold it (maybe another cdbd disk).

It's a humid area, especially in the summer (80% and better). I have central air in my home, so it's about 65 ish in the house, temp at about 70. All are stored in a dark case with zero light getting in. I plan on not opening for as long as possible, but will probably have to redistribute at some point. I can see the hygrometers from the bottom of the jars, all in the low 60's right now (62 to 64), but it's only been a few days that I repacked it all, and vacuum sealed.

Wondering what effect it will have on THC levels (really nice bud to start). I'm also hoping the efficiency of my nano / solo / airs can keep me working with my head pot long enough to not open my first jar for at least a month. Maybe that's too optimistic, but 2 or 3 weeks would be nice.

Would love to own a pound at a time, but want to make sure I got this long term process down before I do. I actually can smoke less, if I have more - weird. Also been giving my ABV a second round, stretching, allowing the horde (storage actually) to continue even longer.

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
... I actually can smoke less, if I have more - weird. ...
I was the same way before getting a MMJ license. Worry about running out was stressful and that sense of limitation made me want it more as stashes got smaller.

On-topic, never had enough self-control to hoard anything for long. I stole from myself! :lol:

Top Bottom