do you guys still smoke joints?

sChris

Account Closed
If im out with mates I will take a couple of J's in a blunt tube instead of passing the vape around ans having to re-load. But its become less of an issue as we tend to smoke one each these days instead of sharing a fat one

sChris,

Vaked420

I'll ocassionally smoke a joint, more so just for the fun/art of rolling it and also they're just nice and relaxing to smoke. I've also learned that with smoking there is also low temps vs high temps and if I let the cherry stay barely lit then I get much smoother hits, the joint lasts way longer and I definitely get more stoned.

But then I realize I've blown through my weed 10x faster than vaping and my lungs hurt and then I stop rolling them lol

shaolinmilk

Combustion is one of those things that you either fuck or let it fuck you.. There is no middle situation.. :D
When there is no vape in sight, you must consume it at all cost! I have definitely fucked combustion, however I have nothing against people who smoke. I was once a heavy combuster myself (only a year ago) and I honestly loved everything about it. Vaping has definitely come a long way, however I don't think it can ever replace that feeling you only get from rolling a joint to lighting it up and taking your sweet ass time toking on it. If only it didn't taste so damn ashy... it never tasted like this before until I vaped.

Sapios

When there is no vape in sight, you must consume it at all cost! I have definitely fucked combustion, however I have nothing against people who smoke. I was once a heavy combuster myself (only a year ago) and I honestly loved everything about it. Vaping has definitely come a long way, however I don't think it can ever replace that feeling you only get from rolling a joint to lighting it up and taking your sweet ass time toking on it. If only it didn't taste so damn ashy... it never tasted like this before until I vaped.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing to let it fuck you once in a while.. But what I believe is that you feel that way for combustion only because your brain was acquainted with that way of consumption first. With this in mind I think that leaving a door open to combustion is not a good idea because it could make it difficult to stay strong in a long term basis.

killick

But I like it!
Interesting perspective @Sapios . I quite smoking cigs several times, the last about 5 years ago. Smoking a joint, to me, is much different from smoking cigs, and I've not really thought of them as being in the same camp, what with one having so many therapeutic and medicinal benefits. I'm still 99% vape tho. I've probably smoked 6 joints in the 4 years I've been a med pax.

Vaked420

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing to let it fuck you once in a while.. But what I believe is that you feel that way for combustion only because your brain was acquainted with that way of consumption first. With this in mind I think that leaving a door open to combustion is not a good idea because it could make it difficult to stay strong in a long term basis.

I get what you're saying and I do agree that I only really enjoy joints because of my past enjoyment of them but I have a couple arguments to what you're saying.

First off I started vaping long before I started combustion and still went on to have my fair share of bowls bongs and joints. While I never really miss the ashy taste of joints, it's worth it to me every once in a whole for the process of rolling one.

Second off we all choose to toe the line of life somewhere. Yes I never ever want to go back to regularly combusting, but that impulse never comes back to me because I know deep into my subconscious that it's just not worth it for me. I'm going through a similar struggle with weed as a whole. I still consume more than I am happy with, yet I don't just cut off my consumption because there is a happy medium that I am trying to find and I believe the same exists for combusting. I like to hit a bowl or roll a joint once or twice a month, but if anything those experiences only remind me how I would never want to combust regularly again.

Then for my side tangent, who's to say what is or isn't a good idea for anyone? Heroin is one of the most destructive drugs that exists and ruins many people's lives, but as a drug itself it is essentially harmless to the body physically and it is only the change in perception of the world and the way that the user prioritizes the drug and loses everything else in their life that makes heroin so harmful. But does that mean we can tell everyone not to do it? If someone truly can sustain a recreational heroin usage and not become addicted, who are we to say that they are wrong?

To sum it up I see your point and vaping is in my eyes superior to combusting in every way. Yet every once in a while I do want to combust, and afterwards my mouth tastes ashy and my lungs only feel 90%, but for those few times I combust it's worth it to me, knowing full well the health implications.

Sorry for my long rant lol this is something I think about a lot besides just combusting vs. Vaping, but in general just choosing what may not be as healthy or as productive etc. over something else and how to find a happy balance that gives the most fulfillment out of life

Vaked420,
Reactions: StormG94

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I crave a joint every now and then. I haven't smoked one in a year and even then it tasted lousy.

I think what I really crave in this case, is the smell of a burning joint. I might give it a try where I roll a pinner and maybe not take too many hits, but just enjoy the smell of a joint burning, almost like the burning of an incense. That smell brings back so many fond memories. I wonder if that is what I'm really craving.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
If someone truly can sustain a recreational heroin usage and not become addicted, who are we to say that they are wrong?
I always felt this way about all drugs, legalise the lot, give proper education, support and advice. punish perpetrators of crime for the crime and not let their addiction be an excuse for their actions.

Though that is saying it's ok to be a ...

Functioning (insert drug addiction here).

I'm a functioning dope head.

There are functioning alcoholics, functioning pill heads (doctors or street), functioning coke heads, I assume there must be some functioning smack heads?

So is it OK to be an addict as long as you are still functional?

That's what smokers are (fags), functioning nicotine addicts, but smoking is bad, so is it consumption method that makes it bad?

Is it OK to be a functioning pin-head? I knew someone that had a needle fixation, they injected water, it was the act that gave them the rush, not the substance?

However, banging up causes veins to collapse, I knew someone that injected into their penis as it was the only usable vein they had left.

It's an interesting debate, that is a tangent to this thread (though linked), some still think we are all just a bunch of druggies, because we consume cannabis, regardless of how it is consumed.

So no hash cookies for those miserable gits :tup:

Last edited:

ronads

Went to Amsterdam recently, ended up smoking a lot of pure joints there with no tobbacco. Finally kicked the nicotine habit, don't smoking cigarettes, ecig or nicotine patches etc about 2 months ago. Most people smoke tobacco joints so I've quit them and in turn only tend to smoke pipes of hash or something when I'm out.

In my house, vaporbonging my extreme q with ddave mod all the way :)

ronads,

diseaze

I just rolled up a blunt for the first time and didn't realize how buzzed I would get just trying to get the wrap tightened up. I don't really like the feeling and can only imagine smoking it will be way worse. Maybe it's a lower quality blunt brand (Royal Blunts), but I don't know if I'll actually finish or even light it up with the three joints I have for my camping trip tomorrow.

I do have my FM Mini I'll be taking as well, but I'm sure the battery is going to go out before my trip is over. I think I should just invest in another portable. :shrug:

Vaked420

I just rolled up a blunt for the first time and didn't realize how buzzed I would get just trying to get the wrap tightened up. I don't really like the feeling and can only imagine smoking it will be way worse. Maybe it's a lower quality blunt brand (Royal Blunts), but I don't know if I'll actually finish or even light it up with the three joints I have for my camping trip tomorrow.

I do have my FM Mini I'll be taking as well, but I'm sure the battery is going to go out before my trip is over. I think I should just invest in another portable. :shrug:

Alternatively you could get a USB portable charger. I have one for my phone and if you get a big enough one you could probably keep your vape going for quite a while.

Also I haven't smoked a blunt in a long time but I don't think I could face one. They burn real slow and I think hotter because of the tobacco and also wouldn't want to just cause of the tobacco lol. And ya I don't trust most of the cheap wraps. Haven't looked to see what else is out there tho since I haven't smoked/rolled a blunt in a really long time haha

abcd5432

I don't own papers nor have I ever bought them with my own money for self use. I have never liked papers and always used glass. Second I found out about how vaporization works, I had to have a vaporizer and now that I have a vaporizer with a bong the ONLY times I smoke without my vaporizer is if it is offered to me. And still, I will offer to go get my vaporizer instead.

I can't wait til vapes like the grasshopper are more available so that I can I can always have a vaporizer on me.

diseaze

Alternatively you could get a USB portable charger. I have one for my phone and if you get a big enough one you could probably keep your vape going for quite a while.

Also I haven't smoked a blunt in a long time but I don't think I could face one. They burn real slow and I think hotter because of the tobacco and also wouldn't want to just cause of the tobacco lol. And ya I don't trust most of the cheap wraps. Haven't looked to see what else is out there tho since I haven't smoked/rolled a blunt in a really long time haha

That's true. I actually have a latern that doubles as a battery pack that I could use, but I'm thinking 3 joints, possibly a blunt, and a couple sessions from the mini will be enough.

I've been thinking about getting one of those battery packs for my UD that were recommended in the UD thread, but it's a little out of my price range for now. Also, I wouldn't want to use it without a glass piece so that's another reason I might hold off until I have a larger collection or just end up getting another portable.

The CFX seems like it's getting a lot of love, but I'm really liking everything about the Arizer Air, especially the lifetime warranty on the heating element.

I've actually had a couple puffs from a blunt a couple months ago and it didn't seem to have that tobacco buzz and overall harshness that traditional blunts have. I think it was called Dutch Masters? I also never really sought out papers/blunts, even before I started vaping, but something about using a non-electric method seems to go hand-to-hand with camping. :leaf:

diseaze,

abcd5432

That's true. I actually have a latern that doubles as a battery pack that I could use, but I'm thinking 3 joints, possibly a blunt, and a couple sessions from the mini will be enough.

I've been thinking about getting one of those battery packs for my UD that were recommended in the UD thread, but it's a little out of my price range for now. Also, I wouldn't want to use it without a glass piece so that's another reason I might hold off until I have a larger collection or just end up getting another portable.

The CFX seems like it's getting a lot of love, but I'm really liking everything about the Arizer Air, especially the lifetime warranty on the heating element.

I've actually had a couple puffs from a blunt a couple months ago and it didn't seem to have that tobacco buzz and overall harshness that traditional blunts have. I think it was called Dutch Masters? I also never really sought out papers/blunts, even before I started vaping, but something about using a non-electric method seems to go hand-to-hand with camping. :leaf:
If I use blunt papers I use White Owls, White Grape. Try those next time they taste the smoothest of any blunt paper I tried.

IMO it's worth the wait to get the grasshopper.

cloudsosmoke

have you thought of flame powered vape?

im thinking maybe carrying a can of butane would be easier and cheaper than battery packs

eg
lotus vapman or vapcap

..i think some ppl find it reminds them sufficiently of combusting that they dont get urge to smoke as well

cloudsosmoke,

diseaze

I just got back from camping and I'm happy to report two joints and 4 sessions from the mini was plenty. I definitely could have smoked the other joint and taken a couple more sessions, but I prefer enjoying my medication at my own pace. The smoke wasn't as harsh as I thought it would be, but it definitely didn't taste the best towards the end of the joint. Either way, a good nostalgia-filled trip. :)

If I use blunt papers I use White Owls, White Grape. Try those next time they taste the smoothest of any blunt paper I tried.

IMO it's worth the wait to get the grasshopper.

I decided against smoking the blunt this time around, but may try the White brand if the opportunity arises.

im thinking maybe carrying a can of butane would be easier and cheaper than battery packs

eg
lotus vapman or vapcap

..i think some ppl find it reminds them sufficiently of combusting that they dont get urge to smoke as well

I've heard that many people share the same fear I have with butane torches, but I don't trust myself enough to handle one because of my clumsiness, especially when medicated. I still think an Arizer Air would be nice if I get those rubber caps to prefill the stems. Refilling the Mini was a bit of a hassle, but nothing a little paperclip couldn't handle!

diseaze,

Nazz1

eg
lotus vapman or vapcap

When I travel...I carry aluminum foil and a bic pen.
Make a pipe bowl out of the foil with a handle.
Take the bic pen apart and use hollow shaft for suction.
Use flame lighter to heat foil bowl to make vapor.
Suck vapor into lungs using shaft from bic pen.
Enjoy high...

Warning......
Do not get shaft of bic pen too close to flame......vapor from melting plastic is not good for lungs.
(I now have a small metal tube......but clean REAL well before packing.)

Last edited:

Vaked420

When I travel...I carry aluminum foil and a bic pen.
Make a pipe bowl out of the foil with a handle.
Take the bic pen apart and use hollow shaft for suction.
Use flame lighter to heat foil bowl to make vapor.
Suck vapor into lungs using shaft from bic pen.
Enjoy high...

Warning......
Do not get shaft of bic pen too close to flame......vapor from melting plastic is not good for lungs.
(I now have a small metal tube......but clean REAL well before packing.)

Ya...at that point I think smoking is probably healthier haha. The metal tube is cool tho!

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
Depends on the situation

Only time i ever really roll a joint is when i'm not near my solo, someone offers to put ins for it, my wax pen is dead, my wax has been vaped, or when i'm drinking some beers in a circle and don't trust ratchet ass people with my vapes lol

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Had my last joint last october in The Netherlands because my Air was misfunctioning.
Got absolutely disgusted by the taste, felt sick and ansious halfway, couldn't get high, didn't finish it.
I probably wouldn't mind taking a couple hits from a pure weed joint shared with friends but anyone her uses tobacco.
Despite this I'll have 3 or 4 cigars during the summer and I still love it, just can't smoke the bigger sticks as I loved to do because of the nicotine kick.

Justpassedu

I'll admit I have been craving for so long to just take a cigar , empty and roll it up. A blunt is what we call it. It used to be 1 of my favorite's . It has been so long but than I think of how bad it is and how shitty I may feel after ...

TastyClouds

I vape 80% and roll joints 20% of the time. I can roll joints to burn very efficiently and enjoy the different effects joints bring. Even the first two hits have a good taste (no where close to vaping), and they are better for group sessions when you are on the go. Portable vapes fall short for groups when you are out and about so I always keep some RAW papers with me. I avoid Tobacco like the plague though so Blunts are out of the question. I also like a snap out of a bong every now and then too, I like that instant punch you get from bong snaps. But again, combustion is occasional for me. I will say that with the invention of wax cartridge pens I might replace joints with those for groups because of the quick potent draws they deliver with no wait time, its like the vapor version of a joint.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I vape 80% and roll joints 20% of the time. I can roll joints to burn very efficiently and enjoy the different effects joints bring. Even the first two hits have a good taste (no where close to vaping), and they are better for group sessions when you are on the go. Portable vapes fall short for groups when you are out and about so I always keep some RAW papers with me. I avoid Tobacco like the plague though so Blunts are out of the question. I also like a snap out of a bong every now and then too, I like that instant punch you get from bong snaps. But again, combustion is occasional for me. I will say that with the invention of wax cartridge pens I might replace joints with those for groups because of the quick potent draws they deliver with no wait time, its like the vapor version of a joint.

Umm not to derail the topic but have you tried the Mighty portable? It's great for group sessions and hits hard.

newVaper420,
Top Bottom