1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

do you guys still smoke joints?

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by tx93budsmane, May 16, 2016.

1. tx93budsmane

tx93budsmane whoooooo?

do you guys still smoke joints?

mrlilwalshy and SamuraiSam like this.
  2. vapebuddy13

vapebuddy13 Your resident Super Hero

I feel most here will say no. Only time I ever smoke instead of vape is if I am with some buddies who smoke and I don't have my vape on me. Its a bleh taste (especially bowls and such) but I don't pass on it just because it isn't a vape (this doesn't occur anywhere near often)

Bdubbdiblets, BD9, ctxgooner and 7 others like this.
  3. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

:puke:

NO, not me. it's vapor or nothing.

4. bounce5

bounce5 Well-Known Member

I would with a friend perhaps if no vapes were available.

5. tx93budsmane

tx93budsmane whoooooo?

i miss them soo much, vaping kinda trips me out sometimes...lol

6. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

You miss the benzine, carbon monoxide, and other noxious gases that cause the immune system to kick in. I do too, at times. I occasionally smoke clean glass bats (one-hitters), preloaded for convenience when traveling.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    vapirtoo, BD9, aesthyrian and 3 others like this.
  7. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy FUCK CANCER TOO !

It's been 29 years since I smoked a joint...have had a few pipes over the last couple of years, used as last resort.

ilsasta, Silat, BD9 and 7 others like this.
  8. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Hell no. Fuck combustion.

9. VapourHaze

VapourHaze Vaping since '02

Ye love a fatty now and again. As long as no tobacco. . No problem. Lots of joint nazis here but this place is called fuck combustion!!

The problem for me in europe is that everyone smokes it with tobacco (now definitely fuck that!)

10. KennyPowers

KennyPowers Well-Known Member

If someone is passing around a joint, I'd hit it as long as it wasn't rolled with tobacco.
    A man's got to draw a line.

11. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard Accessory Maker

Justpassedu, NorVape, BD9 and 7 others like this.
  12. SamuraiSam

SamuraiSam American Sensi Garden

I really like joints. I love them. I used to smoke cigarettes, and I hate them, but I really enjoy the smoking aspect of a joint. The resinous buildup and all that.

I can't do it anymore. If I roll a 2 gram joint to share with 2 friends, they are puffing easily while my throat gives out halfway through and I get a raspiness that I can't stand.

This is why I vaporize through water. This is easiest on my throat. I don't like vaporizing oil or herb without water filtration as that's what my throat seems to be able to tolerate these days. Not to mention while the first two or three hits still taste good to me, the remainder of the joint tastes like crap as I think what 1/10 this much herb would have tasted like inside one of my flower vapes. Or better yet, pressed into rosin and vaped.

Just my personal preferences, I don't claim to be a 100% fucked-combustor, but I'm getting to be more and more that way.... I don't smoke flowers out of bongs or bubblers and these days would only roll a J to be shared among friends.

tonuzzi, NorVape, BD9 and 5 others like this.
  13. sokesleezy

sokesleezy Well-Known Member

I'm not trippin off of joints, I smoke them here and there when trying out a new strain or in a session. Where the buck stops is with blunts.

14. ZC

ZC Well-Known Member

Never did, always found them incredibly wasteful. It keeps burning while you're not taking a hit. Might as well throw a bunch of herb away.

But at this point I find vaping so satisfying that I don't combust at all and have no desire to.

15. Silicon Advisor

Silicon Advisor Duke of Errl

FC all the way. But that's my choice.

To each his own.

16. Winegums

Winegums Sticky and chewy

I have a joint here and there with friends, and only if I roll it as a fat cone. My Mighty has replaced joints for me.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  17. flipjoe

flipjoe Well-Known Member

When i smoke a joint with friends i always wonder how little of the taste comes through compared to vaping. I can't really taste any difference between strains.

His_Highness likes this.
  18. Monsoon

Monsoon Well-Known Member

I'm all dabs, edibles and lotion now, I'll usually only smoke a joint if it's offered to me or with friends who prefer it. I prefer pure joints whenever possible but at the very least there better be more green than brown in there.

NorVape and His_Highness like this.
  19. DrNick420

DrNick420 Well-Known Member

I had a weird urge to smoke a joint last month, so i did, and then I ended up going on an unexpected trip without anything at all, and I bought some weed from a store and actually smoked the preroll and rolled up the rest of what I got into j's. Was really weird. Didn't like it as much as vaping as I expect I won't be tempted to smoke another j for at least a year.

vapirtoo and His_Highness like this.
  20. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

I prefer to vape and if you come to my home that's all I offer. BUT if I'm hangin out somewhere and I'm vapeless and someone breaks out a joint, bong...whatever........yeah..I'm in. As long as it's pure MJ that is.

Don't want to seem inhospitable :spliff: :brow:

21. Rebelistic

Rebelistic Well-Known Member

I'd share one with a friend but not of my own accord now. Vaping is the way!

His_Highness likes this.
  22. Shannock

Shannock Well-Known Member

I have only Vaped since I Fucked Combustion and Tobacco last October, Most of my mates still smoke big joints with Tobacco in and I've not even been tempted even if I haven't got a Vape with me. I do however miss the roll! I used to roll the best joints and I loved to roll them!

Might have to offer to put one together for a mate just to do it again!

:peace:

23. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

Nope been vaping a few years now , recently went to a show in New York City with some family and did not want to bring a vape all day with me bc I took the train and was doing allot of walking so I rolled a J , put a filter in it and lit it up before the show. I bugged out bc the high just hit me in the wrong way , felt like shit and got very paranoid. I am a heavy vaper , I vape allot and sometimes at high temps. I think re-introducing those chemicals that you get when you burn flowers really got to me and I was not used to it but I am gonna stick with my vaping ...

Vapestein, VapeHeadz, BD9 and 2 others like this.
  24. jl420

jl420 Well-Known Member

Only at a party or get together when there's alot of people. Too many hands can get careless and drop/break a prized vape. To be honest I figured out that I smoked a joint a total of 4 times last year and once this year so far. I'd much rather vap/dab than smoke for me I don't get as high when I smoke and all I get is the stink smell...

25. HomeFree

HomeFree Well-Known Member

Fuck no! I have a friend who vapes and still smokes them every once in a while, but it smells/tastes nasty compared to vapor. When someone offers me a doob I turn them down, they know I use cannabis so then they wonder why I won't smoke a joint with intrigue. Gives me a window to introduce them to the vapor path.

I used to absolutely love smoking joints though. There is a science to rolling them for the best airflow, size, shape, particle size and density for sure. I still roll them for friends who smoke because I like rolling them, but I never smoke them.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors