Do you get congested/stuffy nose when you Smoke/Vape?

DJDIZZY

I get a stuffy nose the majority of the time I smoke MJ. I recently got a Vaporizer hoping that this might alleviate that situation. While it has helped a little I still get a stuffy nose. I am guessing some sort of allergy or something???

DJDIZZY,

WesWeed

You're probably not allergic, if you were inhaling allergens, you'd have a hell of a lot worse than a stuffy nose. At the very least, you'd have some other symptoms--sneezing, hives, continuous cough, something like that.

My guess is your body is overcompensating for the nasal dryness smoking causes. Although vaping should help, it's still very dry air. Try drinking a lot of water (or tea, but no caffeine) before/during/after you smoke, and using some kind of water filtration for smoking or vaping.

WesWeed,

max

Out to lunch
I don't know that I'd rule out an allergy. I had allergies in the Spring when I was a kid, but only my nose was affected-no coughing, no hives. People are different. Not everyone is affected the same.

max,

DJDIZZY

Ya, it's weird. I 'd say it happens most of time I smoke, it has lessened since moving to vaporizing or should I say it's more of a delayed onset. Start to get stuffy within 1/2- 1hour of vaping. I just ordered the EHLE 250ml, so gonna try ice and or water filtering to see if that helps.

DJDIZZY,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Yeah man Im all stuffed up right now this only happens in the night for some reason and it happens almost every night.

bluntfaced,

Genoxin

I've heard people talk about not having sinus problems anymore after quitting to smoke.
I'd imagine that vaping helps out.

If you exhale the smoke\vapor out your nose, that's probably it.

Genoxin,

SugaShack

Greetings ALL,
I'm curious to know.. If anyone else has experience dry or stuffy nose vaping.. I'm a newbie and hopefully I'm just doing something wrong.. It feels like I have a massive sinus infection going on in my head after I use the vaporizer:(.. I only used 1 small bowl yesterday and I was a little stuffy and dry.. I've still been smoking J's because it is quite uncomfortable for me.. I'm going to start using saline a couple times a day to see if it will affect my situation. Then I'll give it another whirl in several days.. Any thoughts out there would be greatly appreciated.. There's just gotta be a way the Q and I can get along!!!

SugaShack,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Attaching a bong to your Q may help with the problem, may be worth a shot.

Chubba,

Beezleb

If its from heat do what Chubba and hook a bong up to it if you can. Otherwise try this to see if it helps.

Chill mouthpiece with cool water
Take a drink of something cool.
take a draw on the vape.
drink,
draw on vape.
repeat until done.

See if that helps. If it does than cooling your vapor is key and I suggest looking into a inexpensive bong that will fit the hose size you have or other means of chilling the vapor.

Hope that helps.

Beezleb,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
It's not very likely, but it is possible that the OP is at least mildly allergic to one or more of the products in the vapor.

Just a thought.

Tom

tdavie,

smoking Joe

I just had the same problem with the magic launch box. The saline spray helps, but the best thing to do is hook it up to a bong.

smoking Joe,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I just had the same problem with the magic launch box. The saline spray helps, but the best thing to do is hook it up to a bong.
You hooked your LB up to a bong? :D

pic?

Chubba,

Clever User name

The eyes have one language everywhere
SugaShack said:
Greetings ALL,
I'm curious to know.. If anyone else has experience dry or stuffy nose vaping.. I'm a newbie and hopefully I'm just doing something wrong.. It feels like I have a massive sinus infection going on in my head after I use the vaporizer:(.. I only used 1 small bowl yesterday and I was a little stuffy and dry.. I've still been smoking J's because it is quite uncomfortable for me.. I'm going to start using saline a couple times a day to see if it will affect my situation. Then I'll give it another whirl in several days.. Any thoughts out there would be greatly appreciated.. There's just gotta be a way the Q and I can get along!!!
Well not exactly......but, sometimes when i exhale vaper out my nose, i sneeze. I Feel fine after the sneeze. The past 2 days I have been using an iced bong with my Zephyr and have not sneezed during those sessions,and have gotten big vape hits with the fan on. my friend takes benedryl before using, we thought the weed irritant must be her deal, like ragweed, with her watery eyes and runny nose. Just last night ,on an impulsive(after spilling my bong on my new carpet,) I ordered the vaporicer. Not sure on all its details but i will let you know how it works out.:peace:

Clever User name,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
THC is also an expectorant, even more so when you smoke instead of vaping it. It will cause you to produce extra phlegm, and what phlegm is already there will become loose.

DevoTheStrange,

albe

i can back up Devo's post ... was very phlegmy with smoking, none at all much in four months or so of vaping. A marked improvement.

Have been feeling an odd sensation in my chest at times, feels a little like tightness but i don't think its that as i'm breathing much easier now. So no shortness of breath, i was thinking maybe its lung tissue healing or something? Or just the lungs adjusting? (I was never a heavy smoker, just a joint or two a day for a couple of years. Enough to do damage though.)

albe,

fail

As you all know, weed causes for the mouth to become dry. This is caused due to the ... lol you know why. Anyhow, in the nose there are the same lining which gets dry as well.
Drink plenty of water during the day, dring at least 3 liters in 24 hours.

fail,

SugaShack

Hey Yall,
I can't believe how many hits I got off this thread.. I thought something else was wrong with me.. It's good to know I'm not alone.. It's make's total since about the smoking producing phlegm.. Unfortunately I do a lot of that. I really need to be able to use my vaporizer so I can cut out smoking.. but I'm not ready to tackle it just yet, I need few more days to clear my head.. I'm gonna try and not smoke for a few days.. And then take you all up on some of these great suggestions that you have.. I wanna thank Everyone for there thoughts, your help is really appreciated..

SugaShack,

tophfisher

Hey all -

So that's basically it.. Everytime I vape (ioLite or Zephyr, etc) my nose gets plugged like I'm having a minor alergy attack... I can still breath fine, just strained... Enough to be really annoying.

Anyone ever have that? What do you do to clear up? I don't want to end up with an Afrin habit or something..
-Chris

Modnote: Thread merged. Please search and read before posting to see if your topic is already covered.

tophfisher,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
THC is an expectorant. It will knock any phlegm you have loose, and will cause you to produce more. The heat from the vapor also contributes to this.
You might find your close to being stuffy to begin with and the Vapor just knocks everything loose causing it to clog you up.

DevoTheStrange,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
It is possible that one of the components that is normally destroyed by combustion is causing a minor allergic reaction.

just a thought.

Tom

tdavie,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
You are steam cleaning your sinuses,.. that should go away after you use the vape for awhile.(aka once you have cleaned up your system a bit)

Bruce@Zephyr,
Top Bottom