Do Ya Feel That You've Slowed Down a Bit........Mentally,...

lwien

I've been playing some video games via my cell phone. Haven't noticed any increase in mental acuity yet BUT the cell phone game isn't nearly as engaging as normal video games. Gonna have to change up and report back.

Almost forgot how much fun video games can be when buzzed.

Ya gotta find games that are too hard to play when buzzed. If a game is really fun to play when buzzed, I contend that it's not challenging enough to fire up those neurons.

WeedyGirl1979

I find that match 3/puzzle games are a good fit for me. Tetris variations, Bejeweled, all good. I'm not into cell phone games (Kindle app all day every day) but I love to fire up a good record and bliss out on Puzzle Express for a good while.

Ya gotta find games that are too hard to play when buzzed. If a game is really fun to play when buzzed, I contend that it's not challenging enough to fire up those neurons.
Where I humbly submit that I choose games that frustrate me sober usually float when I'm high. I think it jolts my brain out of its endless loops of overthinking. Then again, I suck at the shooter/fighter/sports (racing excepted) games and anything with a story. I mean, I never made it above world 1-3 in Mario Bros. The old NES one!

Last edited:

lwien

I find that match 3/puzzle games are a good fit for me. Tetris variations, Bejeweled, all good. I'm not into cell phone games (Kindle app all day every day) but I love to fire up a good record and bliss out on Puzzle Express for a good while.

But that's the crux of it Weedy. If you feel that a game is a good fit for you, then it probably won't do what we're talking about doing here.

If ya like puzzle games though, give Portal a shot.

WeedyGirl1979

But that's the crux of it Weedy. If you feel that a game is a good fit for you, then it probably won't do what we're talking about doing here.

If ya like puzzle games though, give Portal a shot.
I edited my post above, but yeah. The ones I'm bad at I'm really bad at. Tell you what challenges me game wise that I can actually do, the Wii dancing ones. I like to try songs I've heard but never done the dance for- makes me move and think on the fly. Plus it's activity, where can you go wrong (other than throwing the remote)?

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I need to dl me some Othello!

Had the most mind numbing job ever many years ago, and it kept my mind alive.

Last edited:
NorVape,
Reactions: DDave

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
...especially you older folk? Do ya feel some short term memory loss? Do you find that you have a hard time finding the right words when you're conversing or find it hard to concentrate and stay on task? (and why do I sound like a fucking commercial?)

Games like Othello are great to play buzzed or strait because it's simple yet you have to think in different directions and strategically. I do certain things to keep my brain enlivened that I can recommend: I start my day with about 13 drops of nascent iodine in water which is fantastic. Blasts the clouds away right then and there. Black ant tincture or powder is also excellent for clarity and strength. Maybe above all I can recommend a product called "purblack" brand shilajit. Shilajit is the decomposition of up to 7000 medicinal herbs and plants that grow either in the Himalayan mountains or the Andes mountains, in pristine volcanic soil. For me effect of the shilajit is both vitalizing and trans-formative. All of the above synergizes beautifully with cannabis, and the shilajit in particular produces in me waves of euphoria that I particularly notice when high. Since I've been adding these supplements I find myself much sharper on the draw especially with humor with friends.

TboneToker

I feel like just about every day my brain closes a small section of itself, perhaps permanently. To anyone who has any kind of illness that might eventually do that to you, fight it. There is no pill that will do this for you. There is no pill that will make you better in any way. Cannabis won't do it, either.

There is no shortcut. It takes work. Basically diet and exercise. I'd suggest something like Paleo, or the Terry Wahls diet.

So use your brain while you still can, because using your brain will probably keep it in the shape it needs to be in. Make the effort to try to solve those puzzles every day. Go out and talk to people. Play video games. Listen to music. Play an instrument. Just use your brain before you lose it.

Very powerful and touching stuff here @Aimless Ryan as usual! Wishing you the best and I'm glad you decided to make a pizza recently!!!

I don't find that it has affected my memory in any significant way I actually feel more focused at certain doses but I have ADD so ymmv

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
Thanks. Not sure if I meant for it to be either powerful or touching, though. In fact, when I just read it, I thought it sounded kind of hypocritical. However, if I was practicing what I preach (which I have in the past), I'm pretty confident my brain probably wouldn't be closing itself like I described.

Pizza definitely ain't no good for my brain, but sometimes you just have to do what you love, even though you know it's not good for you.

Here's today's 17" NY style pizza. (It was 18" when I started, but they shrink about an inch while baking.)

w2Hth5Z.jpg

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
@lwien - no ... i find the game of life, surreal-ity, to be sufficiently challenging ... but, i'm still pretty young, being only 67 (for another two months - maybe it's different at 68, eh?)

i have learned to move slower (more deliberately) as i've aged ... and sometimes i'm not in verbal mode (having just left the computer) and the word bank is offline - i don't fight it anymore, or get stressed about it. it's all part of the tapestry.

see, i have a retail website business and if it don't sell, i don't eat - excellent motivation, i must say. oh, and in case nobody noticed, the retail economy in USA has crashed - hard. very challenging! but i have major changes underway.

so, all i can suggest for your problem is: get a job, you hippie.

Frodo

If you want to play a 'Board Game' which is fun but does not mentally stress you play…Dealer McDope!!!
It's not easy to find but sure is enjoyable to play…..

Frodo,

whereskarlo

I haven't smoked or vaped for a few weeks and have gotten my mental powers back. Exercising regularly also helps. However, my biggest achievements came after I started smoking weed as it calmed down my brain a little and allowed me to think straight and get shit done. On the other hand, I've had my fair share of blackouts (what did we do 2 days ago / a week ago) when we were constantly getting high in university. I'd say ingesting weed in moderation and exercising works for me, but its different for everyone. Some can take smoking day in day out, some are slow even without weed. So it's hard to say what really gives.

TeeJay1952

All my life I have listened to music or radio. I worked midnights so I had radio on to kill house noise as the kids got off to school and so forth. Music took up 5 % of my brain power to assimilate it into my life. Now I listen to the mp3's playing through the stereo and it is like I am enraptured at a concert. Perhaps 50 or 60% of my computing power. TV that I watched as I planned with Pinky to take over the world only took a glance and I could call it. Never, NEVER a surprise. Now I am failing at following The Expanse (Too many speaking characters) and gave up on a lot of shows because I don't recognise anyone. (Although costumes help).
I have a car lease up at end of month and I really want to turn in my keys. Am I a better driver than (Fill in Blank)? Sure but that doesn't mean I shouldn't drive.
I am not complaining. It is the way of life. But God Damn it! Where are my robot cars?
And of Course
Get off my Lawn!

zor

Lemme also pitch in that, as an almost 36 year old male, man, shit has slowed down awfully across the board :(

I used to make do with 5hrs of sleep a night with a night of 8 or 9 hours on weekends to help recharge, now if I get less than 8 I'm a groggy mess.

Losing weight was a lot easier even just 3 years ago

Reflexes...man, my reflexes have slowed too. I rescued countless glasses and fragile shit from obliteration due to my clumsy meaty paws, now it's like I just have time to see shit break and marvel at how gravity always wins.

I spend a lot of time online, my vocabulary is starting to reflect the general drivel that are considered news articles and opinion pieces and I'm even making more spelling and grammatical errors

I remember having weeks wherein I'd be out every night, at a punk or indie show, a bar, friends' houses, or just plain biking around the city, now it's increasingly difficult to get the momentum to go back out after already settling in at home after a long day.

To be fair, I think my lifestyle has changed with my cannabis consumption....losing weight is hard when munchies reign...going out and being sociable is less attractive when a dab or a puff can make me feel so much more relaxed at the fraction of the price, time, and effort otherwise needed....but I think age factors in a bit as well, especially coupled with the fact that the vast majority of my friends are spawning and breeding, and my girlfriend doesn't share the same proclivity for the shows and music I enjoy.

And yeah...
f51x8wL.jpg

Wizsteve

Those willing to try something new there are many herbs and a few fruits that increases Brain Function.

( one very special one but the tree's are dying and no way to reseed as of yet, oh why did the dodo bird have to become extinct )

Rosemary made into a strong tea drank daily will have very good effects i would start with that.

Parrot's Beak (flowers look like a beak will have red hairs also ) We made this into a honey oil using Ever clear and was vaped very nice stuff indeed 30 min high followed by a mind clearing instant photo memory.

Wizsteve,

zor

Fuck, things have slowed down across the board for you at 36? You GOTTA make some changes, like now.
No excuse for that shit. You're in your prime, man.

Some lifestyle changes for sure, but physiologically speaking, well, the decline began a while ago :) There is simply no way of reversing the additional sleep I require to function nominally to what it used to be, and the energy/social changes are, unfortunately, products of my environment....but the exercise and weight loss stuff, along with the intellectual stimulation/gratification are definitely mine to change and manage.

But then I wonder, why bother? 30-40 years from now I'll probably be happily rotting away in some hospice if antibiotic resistance bacteria or our future wars over water and resources don't kill me off first ;)

Dharma_Bum

Just one word, google it: Nootropics

In fact it appeared once in this thread, which is what brought me here.

Maybe try a nootropic supplement called Citicoline, it's also useful for Alzheimer's dementia and general memory improvement. I take it almost every day, and I like the way it cuts through cannabis induced lethargy. Short term memory loss after major surgery can be common too, and I know one person who said it helped with that. The effect can be subtle, but I notice the difference most when the dose wears off and lethargy/stoneyness returns.

Thanks for mentioning citicholine. It's a new one for me and I love learning new things - I went to Examine.com and checked up more about it.

Sorry, need to get back on topic. About a year ago I had a stroke in my left brain, which left me with paralysis in my right side, deficits in my speech and short term memory impairment (more profound IMO than cannabinoid ingestion!)

I was taking cannabis to help in my rehabilitation and recuperation, and after some experimentation and research I found out more about the state of the art of nootropics. Most nootropics are safe and legal. Some require a prescription. But the ones that I took to help - cognitive enhancers - they call them. You can buy them all online.

Not only did they help me recover my short term memory impairments, I found that when I took these nootropic supplements, I was beginning to REMEMBER things when I was THC intoxicated! The effects are subtle but can be tested and I'm still doing R&D - it's an ongoing venture for me!

And oh yeah, I've played them all too, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and 2, (3 is coming out soon right?) and I just completed Bloodborne (which helped me in so many ways, but mostly in helping with my right hand coordination)

More later folks. Time to medicate.

JKVape302

Funny i see this thread as i wait for the new Zelda to come out later this year.

I do agree with the thread that video games are good for the brain.

JKVape302,
Reactions: zor

herb forester

Just one word, google it: Nootropics

In fact it appeared once in this thread, which is what brought me here.

Thanks for mentioning citicholine. It's a new one for me and I love learning new things - I went to Examine.com and checked up more about it.

Sorry, need to get back on topic. About a year ago I had a stroke in my left brain, which left me with paralysis in my right side, deficits in my speech and short term memory impairment (more profound IMO than cannabinoid ingestion!)

I was taking cannabis to help in my rehabilitation and recuperation, and after some experimentation and research I found out more about the state of the art of nootropics. Most nootropics are safe and legal. Some require a prescription. But the ones that I took to help - cognitive enhancers - they call them. You can buy them all online.

Not only did they help me recover my short term memory impairments, I found that when I took these nootropic supplements, I was beginning to REMEMBER things when I was THC intoxicated! The effects are subtle but can be tested and I'm still doing R&D - it's an ongoing venture for me!

And oh yeah, I've played them all too, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and 2, (3 is coming out soon right?) and I just completed Bloodborne (which helped me in so many ways, but mostly in helping with my right hand coordination)

More later folks. Time to medicate.
Can you share a list of your favorites? And which ones did the most for memory (and other noticeable effects)?

Dharma_Bum

There's another thread here where I mention Noopept, the memory enhancer nootropic. The first time I took it I was astounded how crystal clear my mind felt when I started getting high from a good sativa hit.

The other thing with this nootropic though, like anything that works at all, is that it comes with inevitable tolerance, so moderation is required, like with everything.

Now I've just found out that these 'racetam'-like drugs do synergize with choline enhancers like citicholine. Talk about supplements that need supplements! But it makes sense because the brain is a well-tuned complex machine requiring different synergistic chemicals to work well.

Let's see, I'm currently on Bacopa and Rhodea Roseae from here https://nootrobox.com/rise

I definitely feel short term memory being less of a worry these days as I do not have to consciously tell myself to remember details. One of the most noticeable is that I got my 'working memory' back. This is what we use to temporarily remember phone numbers, peoples' names etc. I had difficulty with this previously, I wasn't able to reliably recall just 5 numbers, forwards and then backwards; but after these supplements I am now able to explicitly remember phone numbers. Not only that, I was able to transfer some of these memories from working, short term memory, to long term memory!

The brain fog that came with a left brain stroke seemed to be lifted with the Bacopa. They say that it stimulates nerve growth hormones and other good stuff like that to tell the brain to start rewiring its damaged neurons.

Here's another word to google: Neuroplasticity

And surely for the win!

http://www.medicaljane.com/2013/07/23/study-shows-thc-can-help-encourage-neuroplasticity/

Top Bottom