Do we not do a deal thread on FC?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
There's a 15% off eBay code starting in thirty minutes that has me looking at portables or maybe my first desktop. In the other forums I frequent I can post deals in a thread for that purpose. Are we good with that sort of discussion here and is there already a place for it I haven't seen?

bossman,
Reactions: joker123

LabPong

Ebay is the last place you should think about getting a vaporizer. Most of them are fake and you could have serious health problems using these fakes. I found out the hard way when I started vaping....do your self a favor and just get from the many online regular sellers. There are so many deals you can find....and the 420 sales will start soon...some have already with 15% off's I have seen.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I suggest using one of FC sponsors. @PuffItUp is who I go with or @PlanetVape but I live in the U.S. some of our sponsors are European like Vapeworld.. it’s hard to know who would be a safe vendor on Ebay. We have had several FCers that got screwed and recieved a fake vaporizer. As soon as a new vape comes out somebody is always there to make a knock off. I think most FC sponsors will give a 10% discount. Buyer beware.:2c:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Seems like we always have a "deal thread" as we near different "Canna-Daze", such as 4/20, or traditional gifting day deals like Christmas or July 4th.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Not to hijack my own thread, but I did end up getting a "new, authentic" Solo II from an eBay seller. Is there any way to tell a fake? The seller does offer returns and ships from New Jersey.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Ebay is the last place you should think about getting a vaporizer. Most of them are fake and you could have serious health problems using these fakes. I found out the hard way when I started vaping....do your self a favor and just get from the many online regular sellers. There are so many deals you can find....and the 420 sales will start soon...some have already with 15% off's I have seen.
As long as you aren't buying known counterfeits or from users that sell a lot of counterfeits you should be fine. I've gotten plenty of good deals of real vaporizers on ebay. Pretty much every Mighty vaporizer is a counterfeit though.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
As long as you aren't buying known counterfeits or from users that sell a lot of counterfeits you should be fine.

Okay, that's comforting, thanks. I've purchased my other portables from the manufacturer or PIU, this was more an indulgence because the price was right with the code.

bossman,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yeah, Ebay does not seem to be a good source for pothead equipment.

Ramahs,

kuzko

eBay has Buyer’s protection so if it turns out it’s not authentic you can get a refund even if the seller says they don’t offer one. You just file a ticket with eBay that the item you received was not as described and they will force the seller to refund. This does not remedy any adverse health effects caused by using said counterfeit. And of course you would have to find something that indicates it’s not authentic.

kuzko,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
eBay has Buyer’s protection so if it turns out it’s not authentic you can get a refund even if the seller says they don’t offer one. You just file a ticket with eBay that the item you received was not as described and they will force the seller to refund. This does not remedy any adverse health effects caused by using said counterfeit. And of course you would have to find something that indicates it’s not authentic.

I tend to lean on the side of it not being worth all that wasted time and effort when there are significantly better sources.

It's your time. Spend it as you wish, I guess.

Phenix

EBay dies NOT have buyer protection ; Paypal is what gives you protection.
Tough one has to admit is not always fair :/

Phenix,
Reactions: YaMon

Vaporware

EBay dies NOT have buyer protection ; Paypal is what gives you protection.
Tough one has to admit is not always fair :/

Yeah, PayPal held several hundred dollars of mine for several weeks and seemed inclined to give it back to the buyer even though they had received their order months earlier. Ultimately I think the only reason they didn’t was that it was something (totally legal) that PayPal said you’re not supposed to use their platform for.

I’m not sure if vaporizers fall into that category or not, but to be safe if you have to dispute a charge as a buyer you should probably remember that these vaporizers are all just for aromatherapy with completely legal herbs, oils, etc. ;)

Years ago a friend of mine also sold like $400 worth of “gold” in a game and PayPal gave the money back to the buyer even though he’d already got what he paid for. Maybe because there wasn’t good enough proof that he had?

As a seller you should have as much evidence as possible that what you sold was received by the buyer just in case they try to screw you over.

Vaporware,

Phenix

A vaporizer is a good so it’s covered by PayPal .. tough as said Paypal can bully one at times.

Regarding the gold: your gold was a digital good and therefore is not covered by buyer protection whatsoever. However it still sucks that some individuals play that card na deven come along with it at times - atleast that paragraph is bullet proof written down in their terms of service.

Phenix,
Top Bottom