• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Do I really need a log vape?

RushVaporTrails

I've been spending some time researching log vapes and wondering if I should get one.

I currently own a classic volcano and a da Buddha as desktop vapes and own a vapcap, CFX, Fury 2 and a Lil' Bud by Vapwood as my portables.

I am currently on the waiting list for the G43, created by @VCBud so that would add another heavy hitting vape to the rotation.

I also should mention that I just got the Da Buddha second hand and at a very inexpensive price and been really enjoying it. I bought the @DDave version 3 mod kit with the glass concentration chamber and been using it as a sort of log vape by not using the whip and drawing directly off the glass stems.

So my VAS is definitely in full gear at the moment and there are 420 sales I see on the Enano on puffitup's website, so my question is a log vape something so different than what I have that I can justify the purchase?

I also should mention that I have done a lot of looking into the NewVape flowerpot but have resisted this big time due to fear of burning myself, which I think could be inevitable once the effects hit me.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as we approach 420, thanks!!

Last edited:

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I always recommend a log vape. It has it's place in every rotation I think. Great for the times you just want to medicate quickly. Worst case scenario, if it's not for you, you can always sell. They hold value pretty well.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
E-Nano was my third vaporizer purchase ever. (First had the Davinci Ascent, then the Lotus).

i started this business, acquired a lot of different vapes over that time. But I still always find myself going back to my Nano vape - because it's small, convenient, always preheated ready to go. I have some custom carb'd 18mm WPA's which I use with a waterpipe to make it a flavor chaser with small load sizes (I usually scoop less than 0.2 of fluffy herb so the convection heat really enhances the performance).

Will a log vaporizer be much different from your DBV? Not really aside from the form factor - both vapes utilize a similar heater (ceramic), so the difference comes down to direct draw vs whip draw. I find my log vape pairs very nicely with water to produce excellent flavor.

But a log vape is not for everyone. The secret sauce is the wood used to build the vape - after 10-20 minutes the wood body soaks up some heat helping it "preheat" air before it enters the heater core where the ceramic rod is held. Using a cold log vaporizer greatly underwhelms first-time users. Until the vaporizer heats up fully, then they are tanks, keeping up with demand for more heat.

So if you were someone who needed a vape which you could plug in and start using right away for a quick 10-minute sesh, I'd say log vapes probably aren't the best option.

Baron23

I've been spending some time researching log vapes and wondering if I should get one.

I currently own a classic volcano and a da Buddha as desktop vapes and own a vapcap, CFX, Fury 2 and a Lil' Bud by Vapwood as my portables.

I am currently on the waiting list for the G43, created by @VCBud so that would add another heavy hitting vape to the rotation.

I also should mention that I just got the Da Buddha second hand and at a very inexpensive price and been really enjoying it. I bought the @DDave version 3 mod kit with the glass concentration chamber and been using it as a sort of log vape by not using the whip and drawing directly off the glass stems.

So my VAS is definitely in full gear at the moment and there are 420 sales I see on the Enano on puffitup's website, so my question is a log vape something so different than what I have that I can justify the purchase?

I also should mention that I have done a lot of looking into the NewVape flowerpot but have resisted this big time due to fear of burning myself, which I think could be inevitable once the effects hit me.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as we approach 420, thanks!!
What I think we need to know if why you use MJ (rec, med, etc) and how you use it (micro dose through the day, just at night, every two hours as pain hits, etc).

I love my Enano and I have a bunch of vapes. But, while I think the Enano is a GREAT vape for rec use...especially with a gong, rig, and maybe a carb'd adapter....for chronic med use, I think its unparalleled. Leave it on 24 x 7 if you like, kill some loads or just take a full convection-on demand hit, or whatever it is you need.

Simple and reliable device that is very hard to beat.

Also, I find Epic to be a great vendor with great support. A company worth supporting IMO.

Cheers

RushVaporTrails

Will a log vaporizer be much different from your DBV? Not really aside from the form factor - both vapes utilize a similar heater (ceramic), so the difference comes down to direct draw vs whip draw. I find my log vape pairs very nicely with water to produce excellent flavor.

I think this is the question that remains for me.

I totally see how so many of you love your log vapes and rightly so, hence why I am interested in them.

but as I said. i just bought a used da buddha and been enjoying it, using it three ways, traditional whip, whip directly into my bong and using it log style by picking it up and drawing directly from a glass stem with no whip.

so i guess my follow up question is, are the log vapes that much of a different experience from the ways I am using the DBV, to justify having one, besides the thought that log vapes are cool and efficient.

What I think we need to know if why you use MJ (rec, med, etc) and how you use it (micro dose through the day, just at night, every two hours as pain hits,

I'm just your everyday rec user who when home usually is vaping in some form or another, sometimes it's a quick run to my "spot" for a couple quick hits and other times I will sit for a long session and be good for a few hours.

I could see leaving a log vape on for a few hours when home but I wouldn't leave it on overnight or for days but it's not a problem to let it warm up each day.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I have a dbv several lsv's and a few logs.......while all do the same thing in essentially the same way.........the experience and effects vary.
I can say with complete honesty that my lsv,nano and woodscents are all my favorite.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
so i guess my follow up question is, are the log vapes that much of a different experience from the ways I am using the DBV, to justify having one, besides the thought that log vapes are cool and efficient.

I think for me the biggest difference would come down to flavor chasing. I'm always seeking that pure flavor of the herb so I like to keep my glass extremely clean so as to not taint the experience. In this regard, I find the Log vape more preferable because I can direct draw on it.

Using the DBV in the traditional sense with a whip means your whip becomes "seasoned" over time, imparting a flavor on the airflow itself. This requires regular cleaning or replacement to achieve the same pure flavor.

For me while I enjoy the convenience of having a whip vape so I can use a long whip with it, I find it too much of a hassle to maintain that pure flavor I seek from my vaping experience.

hoptimum

I totally see how so many of you love your log vapes and rightly so, hence why I am interested in them.

but as I said. i just bought a used da buddha and been enjoying it, using it three ways, traditional whip, whip directly into my bong and using it log style by picking it up and drawing directly from a glass stem with no whip.

I'm just your everyday rec user who when home usually is vaping in some form or another, sometimes it's a quick run to my "spot" for a couple quick hits and other times I will sit for a long session and be good for a few hours.

I could see leaving a log vape on for a few hours when home but I wouldn't leave it on overnight or for days but it's not a problem to let it warm up each day.

"Need" is subjective. The DBV will get you high. I usually have a couple of vaporizers on during my sessions for variety (usually an SSV, LSV or a VXL Cloud, but I prize the two logs I use (Underdog and Heat Island) for flavor, potency and efficiency. So my short answer is, if I could have only one vaporizer, it would be the HI.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
You have enough vapes to choke a horse.

Do you need it? No

Do you want it? Oh yes, yes you do

Should you get it? Of course. Are ya gonna stop short now? Before buying arguably the best plug-in style there is. :o

I can only speak to the nano. My favorite vape. Apparently it's popular to others, meaning if you open the "Plug in" category, try to find another vape that has more views and posts combined.

Now a portable is a horse of a different color. For traveling I love my Fury 2. All other vapes are novelties for fun every now and then. Although my Lotus did have a long respectable run and the cap and wpa is still a crowd favorite.

Logs are just heat machines and are as versatile as the attachments available. These include a variety of stems and gongs for dry and water vaping. They can be used for herb and concentrate. You can microdose or "drive 'er like you stole 'er". Adjustable temps allow preserving flavor or a darker roast for more sedative affects.

and finally, during the winter, a log is a hand warmer and will help with arthritis. (That one's a stretch). ;pd;;pd;;pd;;pd;;pd;;pd;;pd;

Nanos rule
Volcanoes drool
Everything else is fake news

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
been using it as a sort of log vape by not using the whip and drawing directly off the glass stems.
Kind of like this?

vfEoOwg.jpg

DDave,
Reactions: arb

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
:D I like logvapes so much, that all my DIYs are logvapes...I am literally trying to fit any heater tech that comes to mind into a logvape body or a coconut,lol... Logs are the most pleasant tools to handle ,they are light weight and hold "great power" :lol:.
I have to admit that the old resistor logs are seeing action only when i visit friends,paired with a metal tip stem ,my mind can rest easy that there is nothing they can break easily :haw:..

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

A DBV was the second vape I ever purchased (the first was an MFLB), and I still have that, in excellent condition, and I have an SSV as well. I sometimes pull out the SSV when I have company over, or if I'm laying on the couch and just want to relax with a whip and wand while watching.

However, these days, my log (a Woodscents, from @Ed's TnT ) is what I use 90% of the time when I'm home by myself (it's what's by my side right now as I type).

It's small, it's always-on, on demand for a couple hits at any time. It's efficient, it can be used dry with a short stem, like a one-hitter, or it can whitewall a bong, and everything in-between. It's an extremely versatile little personal vape, and I never want to be without one in my arsenal.

little maggie

A simple "no". I like my log vapes but asking if you need one is like asking if you need a vapcap or an on-demand vape. They have fans and some of us are fans of several of them. But you don't need any of them. What you "need" is a vape that works with your lifestyle and your priorities which may be different from others (Flavor, ease of use, etc.) That may or may not be a log.

RushVaporTrails

A simple "no". I like my log vapes but asking if you need one is like asking if you need a vapcap or an on-demand vape. They have fans and some of us are fans of several of them. But you don't need any of them. What you "need" is a vape that works with your lifestyle and your priorities which may be different from others (Flavor, ease of use, etc.) That may or may not be a log.

This is an excellent point about lifestyle. Each of us have different needs when it comes to vaping.

Your general assessment that none of us "need" anything is certainly true. My main thrust with this thread was now that I am a fairly experienced vape user, there are lots of styles of vapes I haven't tried and I see so much positive feedback on log vapes that I wondered am I missing out on something not having a log.

Hard to argue against a vape that is efficient and provides tasty pure vapor but still wondering if using my DBV like a log vape (taking hits directly off the glass stem just like a log vape) makes it somewhat redundant.

Top Bottom