do i need to get off nicotine before starting to vaporise ?

hi all,
ive just ordered my extreme q and mflb and shall be recieving them in the post soon.:D
my question is do i need to stop blazing with joints before i recieve my vaporiser or are there people out there that both combust and vap at the same time. :|
if so
does the vaporiser give you the same buzz (high) as in smoking a joint?:/
2nd is it same different king of buzz althoghter?:(

in short i want to stop smoking from nicotine but still want to get buzzing now and then. cause at the moment iam bunning everyday 1pm till 2am:mad:. i know its alot, family telling me to cut down or stop altogether.
but ive figured that because im smoking with tobbaco and nicotine, i guessed that its the nicotine :mad:thats making it harder to cut down.
so when my extreme q arrives i will be vaporising without the nicotine
lastly do people whom have tried this have you returned to smoking joints with tobbaco nicotine) ?

thanks all and its nice to be here and truely i want to fuck combustion

max-million,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I think that I have seen its more difficult for those who SMOKE tobacco as well have a more difficult to vaping. With that said, I was in the middle of a pack and a half of cigars when I started vaping.

I havent looked back since. :ko:

I think the best thing that you can do is make a commitment to STRICTLY VAPING for a week straight. It will be a transition and take a little getting used to, but if you can commit to the week of vaping THEN try to combust (just once) Id be willing to bet that chances are you will choose vaping. :2c:

But then again, in seeing that you are starting with an EQ and an LB you have that much more of a chance at success!

Good luck!

AGBeer,

djonkoman

I do both combust and vape(combusting mostly woth friends outside, vaping inside and at home I strictly vape, since I like the vapehigh more, combusting is just easier with wind and people not trained using my VG)
but, in my case combustion is without tobacco, I really dislike tobacco, the taste, the feel and most of all the effect
my friends that smoke joints with tobacco prefer that to everything else and like vaping less(probably because vaping gives more a high, while combustion is more stoned, and woth tobacco I've heard it's even more stoned then pure combustion)

djonkoman,

gb902

Vaporog
Yes, vaporizing has more "high" effect, while combustion gets you stoned.
I quit smoking tobacco due to health reasons, and 3 months later I quit also MJ. After a while I discovered vaporizers, so I started to vape almost everyday (due to small consumption compared to smoking).
I can tell you, after I started vaping for a period and then wanted to smoke a joint, it was almost disgusting.
During the first times, you can find the vapor too soft and unsatisfying, but soon your throat will get used to it. I can suggest to start vaping with higher temps, so you get dense and hot vapor similar to smoke, then gradually decrease it.
Then you can quit smoking and be satisfied.

gb902,

crawdad

floatin
i used to smoke cigars and pipe tobacco way more often then i do now since vaping. my humidor has not been restocked in over a year and half. i do enjoy a cigar on occasion still but honestly its more of a social thing when i know the herb is not going to be accepted with the group at the time.

when i hit a cigar vs not, i notice no difference in my highs so i dont think it matters in that case. ymmv. best of luck, if its cigs you are on then certainly get off that...thems is nasty all around.

crawdad,

max

Out to lunch
are there people out there that both combust and vap at the same time.
Certainly, although smoking and vaping during the same session isn't that common IMO. As for smoking cigs, since nicotine is a stimulant, giving up that habit (or breaking that addiction) should allow you to decrease your mj consumption. Alternating drugs that are stimulants and depressants can be a vicious cycle-up and down, then repeat. :/

do people whom have tried this have you returned to smoking joints with tobbaco nicotine
This is mostly a UK thing-mixing tobacco and cannabis. I would think that the nicotine addiction would cause a lot of people to continue with this method. It doesn't matter to your body whether you're mixing the two or just smoking cigs with your joints or vaping. You're still addicted to nicotine and it's a matter of making up your mind to give it up. I wouldn't think that mixing tobacco and herb together in order to vape the two would be very popular. Tobacco is going to fuck up the taste of your vapor and make cleaning your vape a lot more difficult. Mixing them for smoking isn't that big of a deal, since smoke is nasty to begin with.

max,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Just a precision Max:

Mixing tobacco with MJ is a EU thing, not limited to the UK:

France
Spain
Italy
Belgium
NL

All do the same, except some few "USheads" who chosen pure spliffs or/and blunts!

FLskwat,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I quit smoking joints as well as cigarettes the day my SSV arrived. Took me a while to convert though, had a lot of sleepless nights the first week or so and at first I was using an awful lot of weed to get to a satisfying point.

It's been about two and a half months now, and only for the last month or so I started to feel I really am a vaporist and I'm no longer worried I'd ever be tempted to go back to smoking. Discovering the electronic cigarette half way through my process also helped a lot by the way.

I was even confident enough to smoke a joint with a mate last weekend when we were out and I was unable to vaporize. The strange thing was I expected it would get me way higher then vapour does because I had such a hard time finding satisfaction in vapour in the beginning, but it didn't. It just made me stink and feel tired and I was so happy when I got home so I could enjoy some tasty satisfying vapour, lol.

Funny how things can change so quickly.

I can't tell you if you should stop smoking now or just wait until your vaporizers arrive. If you think you can quit now it might make the conversion a little easier since it will lower your tolerance and it could get the nicotine dependence out of the way, but there's no real issue if you don't imo. Just choose the path you feel most comfortable with yourself. We are all different and what works for one doesn't have to work for the next guy. Good luck and enjoy your vaps though. Converting from smoking can be difficult, but just hang in there and give your self some time to get used to it and you'll get there sooner or later I'm sure.

OhTheAgony,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I'm about 80-90% vaping. Fiancee exclusively smokes joints mixed with tobacco, even though she owns an Iolite. I've got an Iolite, MFLB, Extreme and SSV and will still smoke a joint ~ once a day (without tobacco).

Vaping: I get a much more 'clear' high and it lasts longer than smoking

Smoking: Other than the horrible taste, I get more stoned (read: stupid) when I smoke than when vaping. Short term memory more affected, and little to no munchies. Doesn't last very long in comparison.

Why do I smoke when I've got 4 vaporizers? Well, batteries are all over the house for MFLB, SSV is in a closet, Extreme is downstairs. So, if fiancee is watching a tv show that I can't stand and usually just take a joint with me. Also she's always offering to twist up joints for me because she knows I can't roll very well.

I guess I'm trying to get used to smoking before we go to Amsterdam.

Bottom line; I like the smell of burning weed :)

Tom

tdavie,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
haha Tom, exactly the same here: gf only smokes hash joints and will accept from time to time a Cano bag...
I'm 90% vaping and I like the smell of burning weed + the taste (yeah I know...) of pure haze combusting, once a day... :ninja:

FLskwat,
Top Bottom