Gear DIY Temperature Controllable Heat Pad With A Digital Readout

motifaded

Unapproved commercial account.
Hey everyone. Just wrote up a DIY tutorial on how to make temperature controller. It uses an Arduino to control it and uses an amazon purchasable heating pad. I listed all of the materials with links in the blog in addition to a step by step guide.

DIY Bhoulder: Part 1 - Temperature controller

Here's some shots,
step-9-2.jpg

step-4-4.jpg

materials2.jpg

Feedback and questions are more than welcome.

Thanks and good luck,
Motifaded

Bouldorado

Quality first post :clap:

How much did the parts run you? I've thought about building one after seeing heating pads on Aliexpress for pretty cheap.

Bouldorado,

motifaded

Quality first post :clap:

How much did the parts run you? I've thought about building one after seeing heating pads on Aliexpress for pretty cheap.

That's a little tough to say exactly because I already owned a lot of the materials. I only had to buy the seven segment LED, heat pad, and knob. I would say about $50-100 depending on how you shop. You can definitely replace a l lot of the parts I used like you were saying with the heat pad on Aliexpress.

And if you decide to make one, post up any questions you have on here. I'm more than happy to help.

motifaded

Or for $89 buy a temperature controlled Heatmat ready made
http://www.bestvaluevacs.com/heatpad.html

Yeah this wasn't meant to replace the pre-made heat pad. It's more showing other people how to make what I already have going at my place. I'm also gonna make a vacuum chamber tutorial to go with it so you can have a DIY heated vacuum chamber. And eventually I'm planning on packaging it all up for people interested in just buying it premade. Here's the mockup of that, http://highsimple.com/.

jdee

Can't speak for others but generally DIY is interesting if there are savings to be had, if I can get something ready made for cheaper than building it, it becomes less interesting unless I feel like learning how to build it for fun. The heated vacuum chamber looks great :tup: I'm guessing it will cost somewhere in between a stock pot + heat mat and a scientific vacuum oven?

motifaded

Can't speak for others but generally DIY is interesting if there are savings to be had, if I can get something ready made for cheaper than building it, it becomes less interesting unless I feel like learning how to build it for fun. The heated vacuum chamber looks great :tup: I'm guessing it will cost somewhere in between a stock pot + heat mat and a scientific vacuum oven?

Yeah it would definitely be within that. I didn't design it to drive the cost down completely because I had a lot of things around but it's definitely affordable. I'd say all together the heated vacuum chamber would be less than $200 without a vacuum. I'm really happy with the quality of the oil I've been making with it too.

motifaded,
Top Bottom