DIY Peace Style Vape

ZC

I really like the design of the Peace vape by triihouse, but in their absence I couldn't buy one.

So I made my own.

tumblr_o06or7r7Bq1qb9a09o1_1280.jpg

It's just some zebrawood with a 1/2" hole going all the way through, and an underdog glass stem with two screens pinching the herb. The glass is very snug in the wood, probably a bit too snug.

I won't be trying it till tonight but I'm happy with how it looks at least. I'll update when I've had some time with it.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I agree, it looks way better and very simple. The glass looks thinner. Let us know how it works out for you later!

nosmoking,

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Thanks for sharing this. Looks great. I had been thinking along similar lines. Would love to know how this works for you.

EDIT: I'm assuming you have not used an o-ring?

sativasam,

ZC

Thanks for the kind words!

No glue, no O-ring. It's just two pieces, the wood and the glass, and the glass fits snugly in the hole so nothing else is needed to secure it.

The main disadvantage it has compared to the peace is simply that the glass stem is way too long, so it cannot retract into the wood for transport. A shorter piece of glass would fix that, but I didn't have any on hand and didn't want to try and cut this one.

If I end up liking it I think I'm going to turn a little stand for it.

poonman

Good DIY mod ,
what are you going to torch it with ?
and are you going to make a portable stand to have the torch
heating it while Not in use ? But Not to burn the weed tho .
I'm guessing you'll have to play with the distance of the flame .

the glass tube was the hardest part of the diy for me to come up with .
So an underdog stem you say ...

ZC

So I've tried it, and I'm very happy with it.

Definitely the kind of vape that has a learning curve. If I hadn't already used the vaporgenie I'd be lost using this thing.

I heated it up for maybe 7 seconds at a time and then took a small draw to see where I was. The first few hits didn't have much vapor but had spectacular taste. Then as it kept heating I started getting heavy clouds. The taste was great all the way through. AVB a nice golden brown.

I do worry that the material in the center isn't getting vaped as much, and the double basket screen makes stirring pretty much impossible without reloading the whole thing. I think there's a good reason the Vapcap has a very narrow bowl.

I also don't like all the exposed, hot glass. I could see myself dropping it and burning my leg or something. I'm definitely going to make a stand, with a hole for the glass to slide into so it's no longer exposed.

It does also work with the UD and the HI as a stem. Convection mode!

Also, because the hole is fit the UD stem, it also works with the UD GonG. So I can just slide the mouthpiece side of the vape over the GonG and boom, it works with water.

Good DIY mod ,
what are you going to torch it with ?
and are you going to make a portable stand to have the torch
heating it while Not in use ?

I'm using a cheap triple torch lighter I got from the local smoke shop. It says "Pocket Rocket" on it. It's a beast.

I'm making a stand to hold the glass while not in use, but you don't want the torch heating it while not in use. It would combust for sure. Plus you'd be wasting butaine. Just heat it up when ready for a hit.

Very nice looking. The dynavap reminds me of the Peace but I like that yours can do double duty.

Yeah the vapcap is probably the best vape that works like this one. User friendly click and the way the carb and condenser tube work both make the vapcap way more advanced than mine or the peace. I do worry about durability though. I ordered the hardware, I'm going to turn my own wood stem.

Ent_turner

That looks awesome!!

So I was directed to this post last night and I had to make my own. I had everything on hand, so why not!!

This morning i made one out of some cherry and im pretty excited that I have a new vape. I can already see I'm going to have a lot of fun with this thing.
http://imgur.com/122rTYf
122rTYf.jpg

Modnote: Edited to display image

Last edited by a moderator:

ZC

That looks awesome!!

So I was directed to this post last night and I had to make my own. I had everything on hand, so why not!!

This morning i made one out of some cherry and im pretty excited that I have a new vape. I can already see I'm going to have a lot of fun with this thing.
http://imgur.com/122rTYf

Welcome to FC.

Pic isn't showing up for me.

At any rate, have you tried it yet? Let us know how it is and what you think the best practices using it are.

Edit: So it's not done yet, but I'm making a matching log for it!

tumblr_o08zriRi3N1qb9a09o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Ent_turner

Well I've tested it a few times today and I haven't really gotten any big clouds but it taste great and does do the job. Im going to have to pick up some better wood and turn a version 2.0.

That's a good looking combo.
I picked up my first log recently and im definitely in love.

ZC

So I've found it helps to keep the herb pretty loose between the screens for better airflow. If you're not getting clouds I'd try heating it up for longer and longer until you get the desired result. Though I have pushed it too far and got a little combustion.

I've also found that because it fits the UD stem on both ends I can just slide the mouthpiece over UDs GonG and bam, it works with water. You could probably skip this entirely and pinch herb between two screens in the GonG now that I think about it, but it would be tricky to safely remove the gong to clear it or to reload.

I can see the pic now, thanks Stu! Nice job Ent, it looks great.

Next time I might try tapering the hole so I can just use the 14mm GonG as the stem and flip it around for storage in the body. Though I don't think I have thin enough turning tools to get that right.

Logs are great, and they're my favorite type of vape. But I was buying them too quickly! Better for my wallet to make my own.

ZC

I'll do a proper post about it when I'm ready to write it up and take some pictures of the process, but the short version is that I'm using the same ohmite resistor that Alan and a lot of other logs used and I'm using an old style HI heater cover I bought from Alan.

virtualpurple

I'll do a proper post about it when I'm ready to write it up and take some pictures of the process, but the short version is that I'm using the same ohmite resistor that Alan and a lot of other logs used and I'm using an old style HI heater cover I bought from Alan.

I would surely appreciate it! I'd love to work on my own but am shy on knowledge!

Top Bottom