RBT Open Source build

Boden

Aspie polymath
Impatient maybe , not so much so worried. Why would Kit need to be tested if using Milaana technology ? It's already proven to work no?
It’s not about testing the parts but the instructions.

@RastaBuddhaTao Giving the beta kits to a master builder to test is a bad idea IMO. Better to give them to an average person to see how complete the assembly instructions are.

I agree calling what is at present offered DIY is being a bit vague. AYO (assemble yourself) seems more accurate. It’s a kit.

If the price is right I couldn’t care less what they call it. I’ll throw the parts I don’t need in the spares drawer and make what I want.

Last edited:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Perhaps we just need to change the title of the thread so that folks can get a grasp of what this really is. It is an open source project. DIY kits will flow out of this project once the infrastructure is established through the project's evolution.

Suggestion for thread title: Open Source MyLanna (or RastaBuddhaTao Tech since it is already moving beyond MyLaana) Project

Once there are DIY kits available, then Reboot the DIY thread/idea.

@Boden the kits are going to master builders first so that we can make the instructions for the "average" person. It would be a disaster to just send the kits to anyone else because of safety reasons. There is a lot that can go wrong in the build process, so for the sake of safety we aren't going to just send out kits in haste with unsafe, unclear, and/or unthoroughly vetted instructions.

There is a lot more at risk with what we are doing here. Look at what happened to Firewood last summer for an example. I've been in those shoes with the feds in the past, and I don't need any of their letters in the mail nor does RBT, Mod Pod, or anyone else working on this project.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
The Master builders will be assisting in creating a simple process that is safe. These batteries can explode if shorted so Mark @420edc, who has assembled production Milaana, will be key helping to define the added safety steps. In production an expensive 30 Amp fused power supply is used so an inexpensive DIY process / instrumentation will need to be developed to ensure the safety of our customers.

There is more detail in prior post abput the stretegic alliances forming with the Master builders. This exercise will make them the subject matter experts here providing helping to facilitate communal customer service.

These kits will require a liability waiver, an open source license, a 10 day money back and will be supported only by this thread and a series RBT videos. This is in order to meet legal and resource needs of this project.

This project reaches from 3D printed custom designs using an "off the shelf" RBT heater to fabricating your own from one of the 10 worthy designs on the early provisional patent art soon to be released... stay tuned

Boden

Aspie polymath
Perhaps we just need to change the title of the thread so that folks can get a grasp of what this really is. It is an open source project. DIY kits will flow out of this project once the infrastructure is established through the project's evolution.

Suggestion for thread title: Open Source MyLanna (or RastaBuddhaTao Tech since it is already moving beyond MyLaana) Project

Once there are DIY kits available, then Reboot the DIY thread/idea.

@Boden the kits are going to master builders first so that we can make the instructions for the "average" person. It would be a disaster to just send the kits to anyone else because of safety reasons. There is a lot that can go wrong in the build process, so for the sake of safety we aren't going to just send out kits in haste with unsafe, unclear, and/or unthoroughly vetted instructions.

There is a lot more at risk with what we are doing here. Look at what happened to Firewood last summer for an example. I've been in those shoes with the feds in the past, and I don't need any of their letters in the mail nor does RBT, Mod Pod, or anyone else working on this project.

The Master builders will be assisting in creating a simple process that is safe. These batteries can explode if shorted so Mark @420edc, who has assembled production Milaana, will be key helping to define the added safety steps. In production an expensive 30 Amp fused power supply is used so an inexpensive DIY process / instrumentation will need to be developed to ensure the safety of our customers.

There is more detail in prior post abput the stretegic alliances forming with the Master builders. This exercise will make them the subject matter experts here providing helping to facilitate communal customer service.

These kits will require a liability waiver, an open source license, a 10 day money back and will be supported only by this thread and a series RBT videos. This is in order to meet legal and resource needs of this project.

This project reaches from 3D printed custom designs using an "off the shelf" RBT heater to fabricating your own from one of the 10 worthy designs on the early provisional patent art soon to be released... stay tuned

Now that makes sense. Knowing you’re still in Pre-Alpha stage helps understand the questions you are asking us.

Boden,
Reactions: KeroZen

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Tonight @ 7 PM EST will start a series of Live IG talks explaining the RBT 2015 provisional patent. This will allow folks to start thinking about the "True DIY" possibilities.

Thanks for getting the creative juices flowing @P.A.M. ...hope to see you there.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
As zion is no more, what i would really like to see is a DIY Zion.

Maybe with a easier to produce body but same internals.

For those who missed the train - a chance to get build our own.

Personally i am not really interested in unregulated devices anymore.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer

Maybe with a easier to produce body but same internals.

Personally i am not really interested in unregulated devices anymore.

Totally possible! Watch the YouTube above and hook a Zion heater to it... that was the first Zion. (See IG Pic)

Thanks to @P.A.M. all all who attended the IG technology review and on-the-fly vape design session. Great to pick @pakalolo brain on the 18350 concentrate unit.

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer

@RastaBuddhaTao does have a few #rbtzion bodies left. The DIY OKR vid in the prior post can be used to instruct how to create the electronics. With that covered, only a video on assembly will be required. So, a limited number of Zion's are being considered for the DIY list.

Here are some of the designs from last weeks Live IG open source brain storming sesh.

https://instagram.com/p/BeLFZaEh-Wk/

Last edited by a moderator:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
@RastaBuddhaTao does have a few #rbtzion bodies left. The DIY OKR vid in the prior post can be used to instruct how to create the electronics. With that covered, only a video on assembly will be required. So, a limited number of Zion's are being considered for the DIY list.

Here are some of the designs from last weeks Live IG open source brain storming sesh.

https://instagram.com/p/BeLFZaEh-Wk/

Would be very interested in this. A DNA controlled zion - i think that could be the ultimate vape.

If there is a list - put my name down!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah probably. That being said it's amazing how stable and easy to use the Zion is just with the OKR module. The stars are perfectly aligned: heater size, configuration, mass, air flow... All parameters are perfectly tweaked. I think in the end it regulates better than my cheap mods, even with custom firmware and what not. Vapor is so smooth...

Size does matter in this particular case, I think. I love the inertia it has and I think it contributes to the above-mentioned effect. It's like a heavy train rolling on tracks. Slow to get going but you can't stop it afterwards.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Would be very interested in this. A DNA controlled zion

It's here already!
eAMHtpl.jpg

Lazy Lighting

Would love to put together a Zion. How much harder is the addtion of temp control? I am a maker that can do moderate raspberry pi/ chip/ Arduino projects with beginner soldering skills. Would I be over my head to take something like that on?

Lazy Lighting,
Reactions: vapen00b

HD Springer

Yeh! I'm a big fan of the triangle shape.

Ya I seem to remember a vaporizer that resembled a certain (T)riangle (O)f (D)eath! That could damn near weld it was so powerful! Lol. At least that was the claims. Ok I might of embellished just a smidge. It still is one of the most powerful vapes I’ve used.

Top Bottom