• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

RBT Open Source build

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Is this a diy project or a buy unassembled vape to save some money project (iKea style)?

For the little I know core part of diy projects is sharing know how not selling parts :hmm:

Edit:
Are parts specs and complete assembly process going to be shared, this being my question

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I’ve been a mod maker since 2009. I’d love to get one of the heater/ stems and build a DNA75C mod around it.

A Milaana slighty wider than normal (not by much) - button replaced with a DNA 75C board in mount, recessed in the wood. All the advantages of a Splinter in a more pocket friendly SBS format. Still retaining the steam punk style and beautifull wood. That would be pretty awesome,

With that in mind i would be interested in medium dificulty - unfinshed wood. Would i be able to specify things like no button hole and slighty wider?

I have a number of projects on the go not sure if i need another - but very tempting.....

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
I just want to highlight something. This is for PERSONAL USE. People should not go into an agreement with Ryan to buy parts, suck knowledge out of him and then go on to make a vaporizer that you intend to sell to others.

Yeah Ryan had already been ripped off like this with a few other guys (who are telling people Ryan condones their behavior when he doesn't) so let's not let this happen here.

HD Springer

I just want to highlight something. This is for PERSONAL USE. People should not go into an agreement with Ryan to buy parts, suck knowledge out of him and then go on to make a vaporizer that you intend to sell to others.

Yeah Ryan had already been ripped off like this with a few other guys (who are telling people Ryan condones their behavior when he doesn't) so let's not let this happen here.

I agree with what your saying. But I’m not sure that would be possible with this set up. But at the same time with what we’ve seen just here in FC I wouldn’t put it past anyone. When people start thinking about actually making $ it tends to change how we as people look at things.

ZC

If a competitor wanted to know Ryan's "secrets" for personal gain they'd just tear a Milaana apart. The info is there, it's not complicated. This kit has no impact on the availability of that information.

Worrying about profit in this instance is counterproductive, IMO.

Look at vapcap and phatpiggies woodshed. He makes absolutely beautiful vapcap stems, and vapcap profits from every single one of them because you still need a cap. If several artists took RBT heaters and created beautiful vapes using them and then sold them? That could be good for everybody.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

My friend, are you familiar with Do It Yourself concept?

It’s your thing once you did it yourself, you do whatever you want with it, even sell out

Also it is quite annoying and buzz killer to read out of nothing ripping off accusation so please let it to where it belongs (surely not in DIY section)

Saltysusej69

Stoner engineer at Raucous Tech
Hey guys,

I have some updates on the 3d-printing/CAD stuff. I've started using OnShape.com which offers a pretty complete CAD solution for free for hobbyist use. Ryan uploaded a copy of the milaana3 which can be found here: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f...ebcbbf53d65a98b3cc/e/2defb70b83462b5e4e98e129

Using dimensions off of that model, I went ahead and worked up a 2s2p flask model. This is definitely still a work in progress, but I wanted to share it to get people's ideas flowing on what kind of builds they would want to explore. I'm going to continue visualizing other options, but may print this one out and build it because it looks pretty sweet imho. Here is a link to the flask model if anyone wants to modify or try printing it out: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/9...eede046ecf090b58bc/e/555c4ed193d4ffa0a10e2a81
7ZAtd6F.png

Let me know what you guys think! Pumped to start working with these kits.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
My friend, are you familiar with Do It Yourself concept?

It’s your thing once you did it yourself, you do whatever you want with it, even sell out

Also it is quite annoying and buzz killer to read out of nothing ripping off accusation so please let it to where it belongs (surely not in DIY section)

Please leave moderating to moderators. If a post breaks FC rules, report it and do not respond. If you must respond, use a PM.

pakalolo,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Last night 420 EDC, ModPod and Raucaustrees reviewed the 2016 provisional patent. This was the basis for a series of refined designs that are in the Utility Patent that is in the works today.

These three gentlemen will be the "technology leaders". Mark at 420 EDC has assisted in the production of Milaana assembly and glass fabrication. 420 EDC was the first RBT retailer and has helped in the development and refinement of RBT products for years. Mark will have a seat on all three teams and will serve as the project anchor.

@Saltysusej69 (RT) will be the lead mechanical engineer of the project. As proven by his rapid delivery of the first 3D printed Milaana and the speed of which he learned OnShape to produce the model above (RAD) this will move rapidly with MIT excellence. RBT is blessed to have such a talented and passionate individual working on this project.

The ModPod and RBT partnership is a strategic alliance that will greatly benefit both companies. ModPod will review all RBT heater designs to determine there viability in the ModPod products. These designs will be optimized for ModPod and moving forward new designs will be produced. Dan moves quickly in the right direction and RBT is thrilled to help accelerate his success!

These "Master" builders will be the Beta team for the simplest DIY kit (all parts complete). As they complete the units we will develop the safety and build procedures that will then be used as instructional videos for others.

With that we are off and running. Thanks to all who have shown interest and please follow along on IG

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Ok , wait , what are the rest of us doing /building meanwhile ?

Wikipedia : Do it yourself (DIY) is the method of building, modifying, or repairing things without the direct aid of experts or professionals. Academic research describes DIY as behaviors where "individuals engage raw and semi-raw materials and component parts to produce, transform, or reconstruct material possessions, including those drawn from the natural environment (e.g. landscaping)".[1] DIY behavior can be triggered by various motivations previously categorized as marketplacemotivations (economic benefits, lack of product availability, lack of product quality, need for customization), and identity enhancement (craftsmanship, empowerment, community seeking, uniqueness).[2]

Last edited:
P.A.M.,

Boden

Aspie polymath
If a competitor wanted to know Ryan's "secrets" for personal gain they'd just tear a Milaana apart. The info is there, it's not complicated. This kit has no impact on the availability of that information.

Worrying about profit in this instance is counterproductive, IMO.

Look at vapcap and phatpiggies woodshed. He makes absolutely beautiful vapcap stems, and vapcap profits from every single one of them because you still need a cap. If several artists took RBT heaters and created beautiful vapes using them and then sold them? That could be good for everybody.

Agreed, if I was going to offer something for sale I’d make my own heater and stem. This isn’t rocket science. The cost to make them would be much lower than the cost to buy one from RBT.

I want one for myself so it’s not worth the R&D cost to design one from scratch.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Well this thread is kind of proving to be a bust , thanking us all and selecting a beta team .. still going ahead with other kits or what ? Sounded like many of us just want / need the electronic or heater part or even just the parts/material list needed and a few pointers in the right direction to build the heater to do a true DIY . Will that be made available or was this all just a dream

P.A.M.,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
@P.A.M.
P.A.M thanks for the feedback. Yes, kits will be sold at various difficulty level... the easiest being all parts are provide finished and only assembly is required. The medium difficulty kit will drill the holes in the wood and leave it square so folks can router, carve, sand, wood burn, stain the wood prior to assembly to make it there own. The more advanced kit will have just the parts and you can supply your own wood.
So far this is what we have, right? And he's saying he wants a team to test out the kits before they start going out. It seems like you worry easily. :D

Yes, the heater works. However, do their instructions and supplied kit pieces all work together? If it's being sold, it will need to be tested.

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@P.A.M.
So far this is what we have, right? And he's saying he wants a team to test out the kits before they start going out. It seems like you worry easily. :D
Impatient maybe , not so much so worried. Why would Kit need to be tested if using Milaana technology ? It's already proven to work no?

P.A.M.,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
The Zion is powered by a OKR chip commonly used in DIY mod boxes in 2014. The Beta team will work to create the instructional videos similar to this one...

Looks like @Saltysusej69 is looking into PWM control. This can be done simply building a circuit with a 555 timer or purchasing a DC/DC PWM chipset.

The possibilities are proving endless early on in this project. This is setting up to be a real good time!

Top Bottom