DIY Herbal Blend

Squeeky

Ok first off I wanna say thanks to Acolyte of Zinglon for starting the ethnobotanicals thread. It got me thinking about the "legal highs". I started doing some research and I think I'm going to attempt to make my own blend. It seems most plants are available online just a matter of buying and making ratios. Does anyone have any tips or recommended planets. I hope to provide all information and reviews

Squeeky,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
just let us know if you find something that works real well :tup:

i think its a better idea to have a separate thread for blends, beccause in my thread im talking about the individual herbs, but many herbs will potentiate other's psychoactive effects, sometimes to epic degrees

hops, blue lotus, and wild dagga seems like it would be a triforce combination, you could infuse the hops with extracts of the other two, and all three are vapeable as far as i know
a couple others i would throw in the mix are indian warrior, and mullien

and then of course you can add a bit of the real stuff, like cannabis and opium if you have it.... you would be royally fucked up

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Reactions: Squiby

lotep

Hello everyone first post here.Thought I'd post the blends I tried in my vape.Tried a mixture of 2 parts marijuana to 1 part wild dagga (bought at local head shop) Noticed definite change in the buzz then when the weed is vaped alone, colors seemed brighter had trouble focusing on my computer so listened to some music.The addition of the dagga seemed to bring back some couch lock back to my weed experience something that i find a vape buzz is usually missing.A good winding down blend.Tried vapeing dagga alone and not much seemed to happen.Also tried some Yerba Mate seemed to have some energizing effects on me.Tried a mix of mint and weed.Tasted really minty for a hit or 2 but the mint started to burn before the weed was finished.Tried a little orange peel in my wip seeded to add a nice citrus taste to the bowl.Heres hoping this thread takes off like to here any other combos you guys have tried.

lotep,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
yes, ive heard of the synergy between leonitis and cannabis. thanks for joining and sharing that! :tup:
were the effects longer lasting than usual or was it just more like the couchlock from a bong hit?
i have heard many things about solanacae synergizing with cannabis, its said that they make it heavier and extend the effects by at least an hour. i want to get several brugnamsia plants to grow and i can experiment with that. there might be something to mixing tobacco, because tobacco is a solanacae as well, that family seems to have some interesting synergies, but they need to be taken deadly serious (pun intended)

yerba mate has caffeine i believe, caffeine vaporizes only slightly higher than cannabinoids, that might be where the energetic buzz came from

Acolyte of Zinglon,

lotep

I found the intensity of the buzz was much stronger with the dagga. As for time not quite sure I will have do a more scientific study i guess.As for the Yerba I was told its actually not caffeine but a close relative with similar properties and less side effects I haven't researched it in that much detail but I guess thats just a few clicks away, but not tonight as its bed time :)

lotep,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
No...actually, yerba mate does contain caffeine. What you were told is a fib spun by "motivated", or perhaps just uninformed, people. Yerba mate is awesome, and actually one of my very favorite hot drinks, but it does contain some caffeine... It's actually less than most teas and certainly less than coffee, so that's something to consider. Yerba mate also has many different chemicals that coffee or tea do not, so that would have something to do with its effects... Anyway, welcome to FC lotep! What type of vaporizer do you use??

Theobromine is mostly found in the seeds of Theobroma cacao seed-pods, AoZ. That would be chocolate beans, baby! Delicious chocolate...mmmmmmm :drool:. Raw chocolate is a seriously complex chemical cocktail...you should check it out. Theobromine is in the same chemical family as caffeine and some of the other alkaloids found in yerba mate (xanthines).

Edit: Actually, when I think about it, yerba may also contain theobromine. I know it contains caffeine + other xanthines, but I don't know if theobromine is one of them.

partially veiled,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i looked into it, ya it contains the standard xanthines, then it has a couple of unique ones, im afraid im not as knowledgeable about xanthines as other families of molecules ;)

and of course the alkaloid profile is different than other xanthine laden plants which gives it different effects

Acolyte of Zinglon,

lotep

I'm afraid I have a digi-vape or whatever they are being called these days.It's a typical box and wand vape seems to work good and had a big QC inspection sticker on it so heres hoping I'll avoid some of the build quality issues that seem to plague these units.I've had it for about a month so far so good.Today I'm going looking for some moth mullien I think I say some on a walk the other day,heres hoping.

lotep,

max

Out to lunch
I haven't tried vaping yerba yet. I should though. I've been drinking a coffee pot full of it every day at work for years. It definitely contains caffeine, although the other components in it alter the caffeine 'effect' quite a bit. You get a stimulant effect without the jumpiness and high acid content that coffee provides. Yerba supposedly has a lower vaping range than cannabis- (212F to 302F).

max,

lotep

I usually vape at about 310 to 320F for weed thats were I seem to get the best results,mind you this is a probably very inaccurate digital readoutI believe I vaped the Yerba at about 300F but not sure.I'll have to go pick up some more and test it out.

lotep,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Love all the herbalist science. I was too quick to write off anything but MJ in my vapes.

:wave: lotep

vtac,

lotep

Well no moth mullein found n my journeys today but did manage to pick up some sage which I here acts as a good carrier for the MJ we shall see.

lotep,

Squeeky

Well I started this thread forever ago and never inputted. That is because I was too poor to spend the money on none MJ herbs :) Today I ordered the following online from Alienthings a seller on ebay. I doubted their prices/quality, however I found a few reviews on their Salvia which they no longer sell on ebay but had good reviews for the price.

On Order:
1oz of Blue Lotus Petal
1oz of Wild Dagga Flowers

Available at local herb shop:
Damiana Leaf
Hop Flowers
Mugwort
Passion Flower
Scullcap

I was actually surprise on the cost of herbs at local store, much cheaper then online store. I'll do some playing around once I have everything in hand.

Squeeky

Squeeky,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Nice. Refer to the 'my list of ethnobotanicals.....' thread by Acolyte for some more info on my experience on Blue Lotus and Hops. Pretty good if I do say so myself.

A herbal blend sounds appealing right now, because on their own, they produced a minor effect but combined they seem to give the best 1-2 punch. There is a lot of other stuff out there to try in the vape, so I might be trying out something else to blend the rest of the ounce of hops and blue lotus together to make a kind of 'party mix'. :p

SpiralArchitect,

Squeeky

Today I bought the herbs from local health foods store:

Trial run mixture was:
2 Part Passion Flower
2 Part Mugwort
1 Part Damiana

Filled Extreme bowl twice and vaped at 240c, produces some vapor, however I could taste the mixture very well. Low sedation, but obviously some reaction. Nice and calm relaxing blend.

More to come, however everything else today will be in combination with other blends. If anyone has suggestions let me know. I truly believe if other enthos, so I hope to be acquiring a resin/extract blend from a Research Chemical company that they claim, is better effects then MJ when vaped. We will see but they are very trusted on Edot.

Squeeky,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
So your Blue Lotus and Dagga is still on the way?

What kind of vape are you using? Maybe try a higher temperature. Worth a shot. Thats nice to hear you got a pleasant effect. :)

Also, were they fresh, or dry? I'm wondering if 'fresh hops and leafs' might be more effective than the dried ones I received. Anyone know, or have any idea?

SpiralArchitect,

Squeeky

Being low on herb, I decided tonight to smoke about 1/3 of a bowl on the E with the wife. I then packed a full bowl of passion flower and reduced heat to 150c. This was the temp on almost every site I found. Not much vapor is being produced but I will keep everyone updated on the effects.

Wild Dagga and Lotus still in transit. I'm waiting on a sample of an extract/resin blend that claims to be legal blend for the hardheads. I email about proper vape temps to ensure performance. I'm SOOO EXCITED ! ! If I can find a legal blend that due to the vape and extractions act very similar to cannabis and psycho active properties. I can attempt to get a new job in safety.

God I love my vapes !

Squeeky

Squeeky,

Squeeky

Well who knows if I'm just high, but I took the dog to use the restroom, and walking back though I'm not really high anymore, smoke 2 total bowls of passion flower after at 150, came back and packed another at 200c. Now the taste wasn't as pleasent at 200, but not nasty or exactly bad either. It believe it has filled its role at a potentiator. Can't wait to try with wild dagga flowers.

Squeeky,

Squeeky

This morning I tried something a little different. I figured since people have reported smoking passion flower and hops in a joint that my little extreme can goto 250 with it. So I placeda pinch of MJ ( I mean just enough to cover the screen on the extreme, then a few pinches of hops (very light and flakey so it took a little more, then two pinches of passion flower.

I started to vape at 240c and got some good tasting vapor, and I could feel it after the first hit. I nice mild high, now I'm working my way upto 250, where if I just used the MJ it would be like 2 tokes from the whip due to the amount. (Keep in mind this is commerical g:mad:rade ) I've not hit it like 6-7 times and still going and effects increased. It's pleasent used like no bud at all and I have a nice feeling.

I am very pleased with this mix, and I think after I get a few third party opinions I'll pre mix the combo and just use as an add in.

If anyone is willing to try a few other combos or give their input let me know. Although this forum mainly talks about MJ, I want to have an alternative and if I can get a good combo down I'd like to offer it to the board members.

Now I know the resin/extract will knock me off my socks, it is almost MJ prices. I would like to find an economical and legal solution.

Squeeky

Squeeky,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Thanks Squeeky! I'm starting to wonder why many of us (it would seem) only have interest in one of nature's healing herbs. Bookmarked this thread. :)

vtac,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
vtac said:
I'm starting to wonder why many of us (it would seem) only have interest in one of nature's healing herbs.
Do you really wonder that vtac? If you do, then you're not vaporizing enough (or high enough quality) Cannabis. :p

Haha we love it for just what it IS. That's all I can really say on the subject.

If you want to know what herb is and what this thing is all about, then welcome it into your body and your life. Then you'll know. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but in some way you'll know. Some people choose to walk away after that, for whatever reasons in their life and history that make it feel just so, but no other person is ever going to be able to GIVE you that first experience you can take judgment from...this you've got to touch for yourself-- failing that your opinions regarding Cannabis are unfounded, regardless of how much scientific datum you've combed over (this is just my opinion, of course). So to put it simple we love IT for just what IT is. Put a label on that if you'd like to try to, but for me it's as elusive a thing as the "normal" state of consciousness I (we) was born into. Herb is a special place you find yourself, and so many people love it and give it welcome into their life for a reason; it simply won't be I who tries to hold that reason in his hands.

That being said, I know what you mean...and I'm what you might class as a "plant person"--a lover of all things vegetal--so I have some personal interest in exploring other herbs. I just highly doubt we're ever going to find the next Cannabis: there is almost certainly no such thing and people need to stop looking for a Cannabis "replacement" (not saying that's what we're doing here--since it's not--it's just an attitude I often see lofted around sundry smokeable ethnobotanicals). In fact, what needs to happen is we need to focus our energy on the other part of our society that wants Cannabis repressed. Change opinions about Cannabis rather than trying to replace it with something "safer". Cannabis is special and there's no replacement for something unique... Just like we've all lost lovers, well you can't just replace your lover...you never can, despite the efforts of a lifetime. They were unique in your life, just as every person after them will be. Cannabis is unique, just like every other plant is unique.

There is surely more interesting and valuable plants like this to be discovered, so this sort of research you guys are doing is really awesome. I ought to try it more than I do now...I read lots, but barely ever actually try most "questionable" ethnobotanicals. I thinks that I loves IT far too much for that...

So to make a tragically long diatribe blissfully short: We love Cannabis simply for what it is, and nothing else. There are surely other plants out there worthy of adoration, but that Cannabis has something special about it which many many people have turned to is almost unquestionable. Glad to see threads like this and that people are doing the leg work into new plants (surely they deserve the attention), but don't expect to find another Cannabis (not accusing anyone of thinking this either, just getting it out there): you might find something MIND-BLOWING, but it's not going to be like Cannabis. It too will be unique. Keep yer heads open people, see ya there.

PS: Excuse me if that post feels very removed from the flow of this discussion, but for some inane reasons I felt it had to be said, here and now. If you disagree and think those sentiments were unnecessary, please proceed with telling me otherwise :evil:

partially veiled,

Squeeky

In no way am I looking for a replacement to the cannabis experience, I just want to explore other options and blends that would produce a different but psychoactive effect. . . most of use have vaporizers that open up many doors due to the efficiency.

Squeeky

Mad love for the buddha :ninja:

Squeeky,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
I know you're not Squeeky. I'm interested in blends too, and am glad you're sharing your experience...so I don't know where the rant came from, but it just irks me to see ads all over the net for "Cannabis substitutes" and then to learn that people actually buy them. I know we're talking about something totally different but I dunno, I was just too vaked I suppose.

Partially Vaked :ninja:

partially veiled,
Top Bottom