DIY help Oil Pen

StickyShisha2

Im a sad panda. Is there a way to rebuild these, or is that just wishful thinking? I seem to remember that was a goal for the KISS at some point?

I had an issue with a Ti kiss. When I unscrewed the mouthpiece (cold), the ceramic cup stuck to the mp and pulled out with the wires. At first i freaked out, but I was able to put it back together. It was a lot like fixing the charger for the Omicron v1. I like the way the center contact and the white rubbery insulator hold it all together.

so then i cleaned and disassembled my burned out kiss carts. In those, the wires look welded, and in the Ti they are crimped together.

i would love to be able to fix these. the ceramic wick crumbled on the oldest but the rest are intact.
Does anyone have any info on wires and wicks for this kind of thing? (Perhaps a link to a DIY thread)

StickyShisha2,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I've been looking at this guys rebuild vids since I wanna start rebuilding my own. Probably something in there for you.

deadheadbill,
Reactions: ataxian

StickyShisha2

ok, i'll look through his videos, but i think all i need is wire and wick and a way to connect resistance wire with non resistance wire.

and my new Ohm meter, to match the resistance.

Caligula

Maximus
IIRC W9 had a hell of a time getting that grade 2 titanium wire to work like that, and a big part of the issue was manufacturing (standard soldering techniques dont work apparently).

While the older non titanium versions were rebuildable, IDK about the Ti wire on these new ones.

Caligula,

StickyShisha2

Mine died too, but my man repaired it very easily with SS mesh for wick (the ceramic wick was broken too) and kanthal wire. I see him, it's very easy ;)

I think you might want to use a wick that doesn't conduct electricity.

StickyShisha2,

StickyShisha2

should I look for e-cig mod stuff? i need some wires and wick to experiment with. i want to rebuild these burned out Kiss

StickyShisha2,

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
Yep that's what I was waiting for, I know G said it was "easy" but now that I have seen it demonstrated I can see for myself it is an accurate statement. Going to scoop a couple Okeanos with those KISS carts in 501 threading so I can use them on various VV mods, as 3.7V cart will work perfectly on them and be more discreet and a simpler package.

StickyShisha2

This is the video I promise about rebuilding Kiss cart. Many thanks to my brother :tup:

thanks for the video

so the resistance wire press against the insulating rubber. Will that damage it and/or short out? OEM has a connection of resistance and non-resistance (where one of mine broke) under the cup.

StickyShisha2,
Reactions: Caligula
Top Bottom