Divine Tribe atty's

Steven

We can always cycle our buttons after the 4 second warm-up period, the duration of the user's hit can be almost limitless if you keep cycling the button.
I hope my initial post about you and OF didn't set u off. I hope it didn't come off wrong. I enjoy your posts and agree you help out very much.

When I say or take a hit, I recycle the button for about a minute. And for that entire minute or so from beginning to end I am continuously inhaling. To me that's one hit. If you are ever blowing out or catching your breathe, that's the end of that hit. So lung capacity obviously goes into play no matter the fact that power button can be recycled.

Also, Vape Donkey obviously sets a precedent about higher Wattage in tc mode and life span of the donut. I even said before that I can only recommend what I used and know to last. I also said for all I know the higher Wattage in tc mode doesn't harm the donut at all because it's only flashing that Wattage momentarily. But just can't recommend because it's not what I use. VAPE DONKEY has obviously cleared the air on that issue with his hard evidence.

I also agree rough unfinessed scraping will risk breaking the donut. I've done so on a few over the years. However, I've learned what to do, what not to do, how hard, and when to scrap. I stand by my cleaning methods. My donuts literally have zero crust what so ever. I also never scrape away hard crust these days. I only agitate oily reclaim and I never scrap the donut in any way. You can easily see how much crust you have on your donut by putting an led flashlight on the side of the atomizer. Putting the light directly over the donut recreates too much of a reflection to see clearly. Beware if you are ocd about your donut though. The light on the side will show everything, and I'm proud that mine is 100% crust free

Edit: I also suggest try to reduce crust by using lowest Wattage possible to clean. I use 10w. I suspect using high Wattage for cleaning may actually lead to crusting from the contaminants being singed by the high heat. I can only say ime that my crusting went away after switching to 10w and agitating

So there you have it folks. What I've collected from everybody's posts is that Tcr 245 is the general number to use. So I guess 12-25w is suggested depending on you preference. The higher the Wattage, the less time vapor will be produced. Temperature is suggested to be set from 390-whatever you like. The higher the temp, the more vapor production The lower the temp, the more flavorful the hit will be

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
It's ok, nothing personal.

I just didn't like how it appears that we were attempting to impose a one-size-fits-all wattage setting and making claims that deviating from it it threatens the longevity and functioning of our donuts when that clearly does not match my experience.

Matt knows what I'm doing. He may not replace my broken donuts all the time, but he's also not telling me I'm doing it wrong.

I really think some of you guys should try to bump up the wattage a bit to see how you like it. Doesn't have to be 25w. 15, 18, or 20w will all help bump up the vape production a bit. Although with the massive re-cycled button hits you take, and with water bubbles always, I don't think it would make a huge difference for you, Stevey.

I'm even more disappointed I haven't yet convinced OF to try higher wattages. :( As someone who strikes me as a man of science, I was hoping he would be willing to experiment. It's not a Lamborghini or a particle accelerator, it's a $15 piece of metal and ceramic that fits in your palm.

Best case scenario, he might like it and add another useful setting to his list. Worst case, he will not like it, won't have broken anything, and will have learned something first-hand. ;)

Vape Donkey 650,
Reactions: Steven

Steven

It's ok, nothing personal.

I just didn't like how it appears that we were attempting to impose a one-size fits all wattage setting and making claims that it threatens the longevity and functioning of our donuts when that clearly does not match my experience.

Matt knows what I'm doing. He may not replace my broken donuts all the time, but he's also not telling me I'm doing it wrong.

I really think you guys should try to bump up the wattage a bit to see how you like it. Doesn't have to be 25w. 15, 18, or 20w will all help bump up the vape production a bit. Although with the massive re-cycled button hits you take, and with water bubbles always, I don't think it would make a huge difference for you, Stevey.

I'm even more disappointed I haven't yet convinced OF to try higher wattages. :( As someone who strikes me as a man of science, I was hoping he would be willing to experiment. It's not a Lamborghini or a particle accelerator, it's a $15 piece of metal and ceramic that fits in your palm.

Best case scenario, he might like it and add another useful setting to his list. Worst case, he will not like it, won't have broken anything, and have learned something first-hand. ;)

You never know, OF may have tried it. But if not, why the fuss. He seems to be very comfortable with what he has going. Also just my assumption based off his settings but he seems to enjoy full utilization of his flavors. Not saying your way isn't but on paper I think we can see how a higher Wattage may not be best. I mean the obvious formula is lower the power/temp, the more flavorful the hit right?
Like if you were to take the hits back to back for comparison, I would assume the lower the power/temp, the more flavor

Vape Donkey 650

Seems plausible about the flavor / terp maximization with lower wattages, but to put things into perspective: I'd estimate my donuts are seeing 25w for about 200-250 milliseconds tops. This is just based on what that mod screen is telling me. The second wattage number it shows (1 second into the hit) is always much lower.... 17, 14, 12w. It depends on several factors.

I think the temperature setting that you call for will make a much bigger difference regarding the flavor profile of your hit as opposed to the wattage. The temp setting actually determines the final warmed-up resistance of your coil (where it is spending most of it's time during a hit) and the temperature that your concentrate will reach rather than milliseconds of high watts, I think.

Even at 25w, it's not reaching "protection" until well after the TC has lowered the wattage to a range more agreeable to all.

Also, using a bubbler / rig / water tool robs my vape of some terpeney-goodness, I'm sad to say. :( But I still choose that because it lets me grab bigger, smoother hits without coughing, and to feel the effects of my concentrates more effectively, as opposed to using just the mouthpiece.

Last edited:
Vape Donkey 650,
Reactions: Steven

Vape Donkey 650

Let me steer us back to the tangible, away from the hypothetical....

POxZvkd.jpg

Nuzzling up against my favorite evic :D

Vaporesso Target Mini 40w

I was hoping that someone else would buy this mod and try it out for us and report back how well it works. It's only been out for a few weeks. But a few days ago, a friend of mine came by fiending, in urgent need of a cheap, high-quality vape. He left with my white pico and my DC atomizer, and he's telling me he's super happy with it so far. I love turning people on to vapes.... :cool:

This gave me a golden opportunity, a flimsy excuse to buy another TC box mod! :brow:

I'm just setting it up and preparing to try a couple of fresh loads on 2 different donuts, but I'm already sorely disappointed to discover it DOES NOT allow you to set the max wattage in temp control modes! 40w all the time!

WTF? How can a TC mod released in mid-2016 that also does TCR, not allow you to set the watts?

Firmware upgradeability may fix this in the future, but it seems like nobody besides joyetech is actually doing this on their upgradeable mods.

I'll see how it goes and try to give a full review in the next few days or so, but I'm already predicting regret :(

Last edited:

Steven

Let me steer us back to the tangible, away from the hypothetical....

POxZvkd.jpg

Nuzzling up against my favorite evic :D

Vaporesso Target Mini 40w

I was hoping that someone else would buy this mod and try it out for us and report back how well it works. It's only been out for a few weeks. But a few days ago, a friend of mine came by fiending, in urgent need of a cheap, high-quality vape. He left with my white pico and my DC atomizer, and he's telling me he's super happy with it so far. I love turning people on to vapes.... :cool:

This gave me a golden opportunity, a flimsy excuse to buy another TC box mod! :brow:

I'm just setting it up and preparing to try a couple of fresh loads on 2 different donuts, but I'm already sorely disappointed to discover it DOES NOT allow you to set the max wattage in temp control modes! 40w all the time!

WTF? How can a TC mod released in mid-2016 that also does TCR, not allow you to set the watts?

Firmware upgradeability may fix this in the future, but it seems like nobody besides joyetech is actually doing this on their upgradeable mods.

I'll see how it goes and try to give a full review in the next few days or so, but I'm already predicting regret :(
Thank for toftt. To save you some time and money, I like to go on ecig channels on YouTube to see video reviews and functionalities of mods before I buy them. I had my eye on that vaporesso mod but as you know, you cannot adjust Wattage on tc and it's actually not upgradeable. Some places say it is, but it doesn't say so on the vaporesso site. Here is a video review of all the small mods out right now. Sadly, no Joyetech units yet.

PoopMachine

I was following Matt's instructions for cleaning. I may have gotten overzealous with the wattage but I was being careful not to run it too long at a high wattage and to keep blowing on it.

Ill watch your video later, @Vape Donkey 650 and see if I can disassemble the thing. Ive already ordered two more attys from Matt.

PoopMachine,

Vape Donkey 650

Interesting... I followed the link but it shows hardly any info... I can't view the video, it's private? :shrug:

It's a good sign that it's made by one of Matt's boys, and meets with his approval, apparently?

Nice of you to join us here Cloud Kitty. :wave:

Could you post us some good pics of this saionara atty? What it is like, just a big deep rebuildable wax atty with a large, exposed sub-ohm coil and a flat deck for the concentrate? :huh:

Vape Donkey 650,
Reactions: CloudCat

PoopMachine

Yea. the only reason I pulled the trigger was because it was on Matt's Reddit section and he seemed familiar with it. Should be interesting to see how it stacks up.

CloudCat

Nice of you to join us here Cloud Kitty. :wave:

Thanks. I've been reading a while, first time I had info to post.

Could you post us some good pics of this saionara atty? What it is like, just a big deep rebuildable wax atty with a large, exposed sub-ohm coil and a flat deck for the concentrate? :huh:

Essentially, except it's not really rebuildable. Replacement coils are like $6 each. Mine is filthy right now but I will post pictures next time I clean. More pics are here: http://humboldtvapetech.com/products/saionara-vaporozer-wwax-coil

That wax coil is really something. Hits as hard as a nail no joke. You don't feed it rice or bb sized wax wads, you feed it pea or tictac sized wads and it blows it in one or two goes. It's great for your stupid friends who don't get other wax pens and don't want to do cool downs. Load it up, set the box to 20 watt power and let them rip. They can't mess it up. It doesn't splatter. It doesn't need cooldowns. It just rips.

That air flow when set wide open is spectacular. Makes a super smooth giant rip effortless. I'm going to order another Saionara and 4 or 5 more wax coils tomorrow. It's seriously like nothing else.

The TC coil is meh. I don't know if I'm just bad at this or if it's not well designed, but only the center third of it gets hot. I TC my KISS Ti2 duals even on cheap stupid boxes like the Artery Nugget, but I can't get this to work well on smarter ones like my Cuboid. It may just be me.

I've got a lot of wax pens, and this by far is my favorite.

If a donut or KISS coil isn't enough and a Hercules is too much, then this is the top for you.

waxdab23

Thanks. I've been reading a while, first time I had info to post.

Essentially, except it's not really rebuildable. Replacement coils are like $6 each. Mine is filthy right now but I will post pictures next time I clean. More pics are here: http://humboldtvapetech.com/products/saionara-vaporozer-wwax-coil

That wax coil is really something. Hits as hard as a nail no joke. You don't feed it rice or bb sized wax wads, you feed it pea or tictac sized wads and it blows it in one or two goes. It's great for your stupid friends who don't get other wax pens and don't want to do cool downs. Load it up, set the box to 20 watt power and let them rip. They can't mess it up. It doesn't splatter. It doesn't need cooldowns. It just rips.

That air flow when set wide open is spectacular. Makes a super smooth giant rip effortless. I'm going to order another Saionara and 4 or 5 more wax coils tomorrow. It's seriously like nothing else.

The TC coil is meh. I don't know if I'm just bad at this or if it's not well designed, but only the center third of it gets hot. I TC my KISS Ti2 duals even on cheap stupid boxes like the Artery Nugget, but I can't get this to work well on smarter ones like my Cuboid. It may just be me.

I've got a lot of wax pens, and this by far is my favorite.

If a donut or KISS coil isn't enough and a Hercules is too much, then this is the top for you.

Awesome post, thank you.

How is the taste on the Saionara?

waxdab23,

CloudCat

With the airflow wide open, it tastes like nothing until you exhale. With it closed up more it tastes wonderful both in and out.

Last edited:

PoopMachine

Looks interesting to say the least. It will be nice to be able to test it alongside Matt's offerings. Probably need to go ahead and order some spare coils. I wouldnt want to rebuld them myself anyway but if this was a limited run, I at least want to make sure I got spares.

CloudCat

It's very smooth and easy. Wide open, it has little restriction, fully closed it's like a Herc.

Tastes like it's a little on the strong side of the power curve after 6 seconds at 20 watts, but that's a long-ish draw with the air wide open like I like it. If I was to close it down for longer draws, I think I'd lower the wattage.

fernand

Ah, brother @Vape Donkey 650, were you the complainer re: top-heavy instability? I have only one thing to say here: @#!!!! MothaFurgha %$#@?!!!! my evic mini apparently has some magnet in it that pulls it towards the center of the Earth. It just wants to GO there, escaping my grasp, sliding off tabletops, falling out of pockets, determined to reach its destination or die trying. Toppling is just phase 1, but it does THAT a lot.

I'm considering solutions, searching illuminated manuscripts, consulting ancient treatises on Utube. The best I've come up with so far was a patent granted in 1872 to a Catalonian monk who was subsequently excommunicated and (quite soon thereafter) buried in unhallowed ground known as The Dump. The idea was simple, effective, and but for one detail wouldn't have cost old Alonzo his life. The patent hints at the issues by its title: "Repurposing crucifixes as bases for flower vases, e-cig batteries and other unstable objects". The "Prior Art" section covers Christmas tree stands. A little glue, and if I dared, my evic mini would tumble no more ...

Vape Donkey 650

It's very smooth and easy. Wide open, it has little restriction, fully closed it's like a Herc.

Tastes like it's a little on the strong side of the power curve after 6 seconds at 20 watts, but that's a long-ish draw with the air wide open like I like it. If I was to close it down for longer draws, I think I'd lower the wattage.

Ok...good info here. So she's a gram-eater....and the coils aren't really rebuildable, but replaceable; no custom RDA-style coils.

And the kanthal wax coil is a heavy-slugger. You use wattage, air-flow adjustment, draw, and hit duration to control the style and flow of the hit. How combusty is it though?

Like, if you're used to nice TC hits on the DT donut, how does vape quality (purity) and harshness compare?

Is it fairly easy and "idiot proof" in that sense, or does it require much judgement and finesse? :huh:

:( That's disappointing to me, because I was more interested in the Ni coil for TC. It doesn't seem as potent even if it's Tc-able.

Ha, stupid artery nug and smarter cuboid. :D I'd agree with that characterization. My big cuboids can vape rather elegantly, but the one quirk I sometimes get on them is not being able to read base resistance correctly, at first. Some donuts can read over by 0.1-0.2 Ω or more sometimes, and unscrewing and re-screwing the atty won't fix it. But let it sit for a while and it magically reads the correct lower Ω later on :huh:

And most other attys read spot-on, right away with the big cube :shrug:

Does yours do that? Are the Ni coils reading accurately? The built-in TC-Ni mode should work fine if it's Ni200, but I can see how those coils are wound up that it could not get heated evenly throughout. :(

I think that puts it into a proper perspective :tup:

How about compared to the taste to some of the other attys you mentioned?

With the airflow wide open, it tastes like nothing until you exhale. With it closed up more it tastes wonderful both in and out.

That's my other thought, how is the flavor / vape quality compared to TC'd donuts?

Thanks for the review. :clap:

Vape Donkey 650,

Vape Donkey 650

Ah, brother @Vape Donkey 650, were you the complainer re: top-heavy instability? I have only one thing to say here: @#!!!! MothaFurgha %$#@?!!!! my evic mini apparently has some magnet in it that pulls it towards the center of the Earth. It just wants to GO there, escaping my grasp, sliding off tabletops, falling out of pockets, determined to reach its destination or die trying. Toppling is just phase 1, but it does THAT a lot.

I'm considering solutions, searching illuminated manuscripts, consulting ancient treatises on Utube. The best I've come up with so far was a patent granted in 1872 to a Catalonian monk who was subsequently excommunicated and (quite soon thereafter) buried in unhallowed ground known as The Dump. The idea was simple, effective, and but for one detail wouldn't have cost old Alonzo his life. The patent hints at the issues by its title: "Repurposing crucifixes as bases for flower vases, e-cig batteries and other unstable objects". The "Prior Art" section covers Christmas tree stands. A little glue, and if I dared, my evic mini would tumble no more ...

:uhh: fernand...whats up? You seem ambiguously upset, maybe about pinnacle water-tool-topped evics, tumbling over?

:o Hopefully not breaking?

I know what you mean about the strong magnets on the battery door on the VTCs. I have 2 on a stand with some metal dab tools standing up next to em. Sometimes the dab tool will move by itself :uhoh: and suddenly hug the silicon skin around the mod, next to the magnet underneath.

Maybe where you live has a stronger electro-magnetism from the earth's crust underneath :tinfoil: Or is there some fracking going on in your vicinity? :mental: :razz: IDK what's up with that. I'm not sure if getting all sacrilegious is the best way to solve your gravity-challenged water tool. Unless you just happen to have a surplus of crosses lying around. :suspicious: :shrug:

I had a surplus of foam blocks, so I made these. I wasn't gonna post this because it looks kinda janky, but it does keep a couple mini-cubes snug and stable.

ZOhumcF.jpg

OF6Cedr.jpg

That link you posted a few pages back to the guy that makes 3rd printed vape stands is looking even better to me now, after this.

I should ask if a custom stand for 4 VTC's and one cuboid could be made. Cuboid minis would also fit in the VTC slots. :sherlock:

Last edited:
Vape Donkey 650,

CloudCat

Ok...good info here. So she's a gram-eater....and the coils aren't really rebuildable, but replaceable; no custom RDA-style coils.

And the kanthal wax coil is a heavy-slugger. You use wattage, air-flow adjustment, draw, and hit duration to control the style and flow of the hit. How combusty is it though?

Like, if you're used to nice TC hits on the DT donut, how does vape quality (purity) and harshness compare?

Is it fairly easy and "idiot proof" in that sense, or does it require much judgement and finesse? :huh:

It is completely idiot proof. Slap some wax on, melt it on if it's not loose already, top on and go.
Gave it to a friend yesterday without instruction other than, "push the button and suck" and they got it in one. It's a little combusty, particularly if you run it higher that 20 watts, almost not at all around 18.

It requires the least amount of finesse of any pen I own.

:( That's disappointing to me, because I was more interested in the Ni coil for TC. It doesn't seem as potent even if it's Tc-able.

I was disappointed as well. I wanted it to work as I'm a fan of TC.

Ha, stupid artery nug and smarter cuboid. :D I'd agree with that characterization. My big cuboids can vape rather elegantly, but the one quirk I sometimes get on them is not being able to read base resistance correctly, at first. Some donuts can read over by 0.1-0.2 Ω or more sometimes, and unscrewing and re-screwing the atty won't fix it. But let it sit for a while and it magically reads the correct lower Ω later on :huh:

And most other attys read spot-on, right away with the big cube :shrug:

Does yours do that? Are the Ni coils reading accurately? The built-in TC-Ni mode should work fine if it's Ni200, but I can see how those coils are wound up that it could not get heated evenly throughout. :(

I tried it on my eVic-VTC Mini with the exact same result. It's not the Cuboid this time unfortunately. The Cuboid's issues have been very disappointing to me. I like the form factor, the way it fits my hand, and the software, but the 510 connector problems has me using it for the single top it likes.

That's my other thought, how is the flavor / vape quality compared to TC'd donuts?

Thanks for the review. :clap:

I don't think anything beats a TCed donut for flavor. Where this really delivers is in the power of the hit and the ease of use. It does taste good. No burnt or off flavors and the hits it produces are seriously mind-blowing. It's the wax pen that comes closest to the hit a dab rig delivers.

You're welcome. ;)

Volteric

image.jpg

A friend sent me this. All I know is that I put a small BB on that stainless steel coil, add a littl VG on the cotton, set at 20 watts and babam. One 6 second toke and it's all gone, very little if any spatter, cool vape, massive clouds. It seems like a mini-rig, but I prefer DT 2.7 ceramic atty because I like taste and enjoy a few more hits than one.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I know most of you , like myself use a PWTA with your DT atty just using some tubing. The 2.5 works with 14 and the 2.7 works with 18mm with no adapters other than silicone. But. I was playing with my new 510 Henail and the bubbler works perfectly on the 2.7 mouthpiece! Check out this portable rig setup.
01BAA6FF-1143-4070-B7E2-0870DE327D96_zpsmo5wslle.jpg
4BCA99DF-1327-42F9-899A-F84EDA6909FA_zpss8hdx9zf.jpg

2BC25885-F15A-40E0-923B-433BA31E89BB_zpsaikllzpm.jpg

Top Bottom