Divine Tribe atty's

Adobewan

Thanks again @OF! That is the way i shall go then!

@Megaton Does look a little harder to clean though, what with stuff getting underneath the donut and all that! Concentrates are not so easy to come by here, and expensive, so i need to know im not wasting anything!
@Megaton Be sure to use small BB sized doses and you'll minimize your waste. Better to reload a couple of times than lose material beneath the donut.
Good luck!

OF

Does look a little harder to clean though, what with stuff getting underneath the donut and all that! Concentrates are not so easy to come by here, and expensive, so i need to know im not wasting anything!

You're welcome, again.

It is harder to clean a bit, and in the end you have to throw it out rather than rebuilding, but by then you've hopefully gone through a lot of concentrate so it's a small percentage of costs?

V2.5 will use less concentrates provided you don't overfill, and accidents that cost the load are much more rare. QQ can eat through the goods if you let it.

The cleaning routine is about the same, it's in the thread. You bump up the heat a bit and shake out the junk (the waxes and stuff that don't have THC anyway) then crank it up a bit more and carefully burn the residual off the doughnut. With care it comes out 'clean and white' again. Not to worry, it will be money well spent. You might even consider the WT adapter if you're so inclined. That's the way I use mine routinely (with a small bubbler).

Good luck, enjoy the journey.

OF

Megaton

Awesome. The V2.5 it is! Going to have to reread a bunch of this thread with that in mind! Thanks for the advice guys!

Megaton,
Reactions: OF

OF

Awesome. The V2.5 it is! Going to have to reread a bunch of this thread with that in mind! Thanks for the advice guys!

Please remember your current gratitude when my bill gets there.......

BTW, V2.5 (2.7 is the same, different MP?) comes in two versions, deep and shallow. You should consider both (perhaps even get one of each, IIRC there's such a package deal, poke around a bit). The shallow one is easiest to load (which you do often) while the deeper one controls splatter (common with some concentrates) better. In the end I use the shallow more, but avoid oils that tend to boil and splatter a lot).

A handy way to load sometimes is to get the goods on a safety pin tip or similar then heat the shaft just above it with a small 'torch type' lighter until the concentrate balls up and melts off the hot pin. Aim a drop in the center of the doughnut and you're ready to go.

OF

Megaton

Man, @OF i wish i had read your comment before i flicked a dab across the room, never to be seen again, trying to get it off my pick and into my log bowl!

Edit: oh man, that safety pin trick was just what i needed to know, in terms of handling the stuff.

Last edited:
Megaton,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist

Does look a little harder to clean though, what with stuff getting underneath the donut and all that! Concentrates are not so easy to come by here, and expensive, so i need to know im not wasting anything!

If you buy organic cotton swabs, use them to clean up the atomizers and throw 'em into a ziploc bag, you can process the collection of cotton swabs later on and 'reclaim' that oil for use in cooking or even vaping again.
There is a thread and a study on here somewhere that shows the amount of cannabinoids left in the reclaim, it's not trivial.
If you are a heavy user, then often folks use alcohol or ISO alcohol to dissolve the sticky cannabinoids and help clean things (they also often add table salt to the alcohol)... you can reclaim and reuse THAT stuff too.

Final cleaning tip, if you get a Divine Tribe atomizer (I've got a bunch!), check out Matt's video on how to do a 'burn-off' cleaning... very useful.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
[/QUOTE]
Yep. Concentrates and 'juice' are two different things. We take hits sometimes 10 or more seconds long and the margin for error on temperatures between sweet vapor and cooked oil can be slim. You use TCR entirely differently, it's no longer a 'safety' on another process.

Yes, the advice stands. You're quite welcome, of course. Welcome to the game.

OF

Edit: Don't get the idea that starting with 'the little guys' is a distraction or useless in the end. I use 2.5 probably as much as QQ and V3 combined these days. Very useful and easy to use portable.

OF

Great advise OF btw what are your exact setting on your 2.5?
TCR, Watts, Ohms locked @ , AF ? Prefered temp range?
Your stuff really cool, Thx in advance
Yes, my advice is to start with V2.5, simple to use, hard to make bad mistakes with, little to fiddle with. With it learn to use TCR control in the mod. Then go to V3 or 3.5 a larger, more powerful version that is rebuild able. Then move to QQ. Controlling temperature is a key skill to have before.

OF

tennisguru1,

fernand

@Megaton, I most respectfully disagree with the 2.5 votes. Yes, it's a good way to learn temp control. But it's sloppy and it wastes material.

You can't see what's happening very well. Even if you have a glass cap. If you mess up the TC on a session, you won't know it until it's over. Clean-up is a pain. Oil tends to leak down into the base. Temperatures are very uneven between the donut and the undercarriage. If you're getting any pool that builds up under the donut to vaporize, the donut itself is way too hot.

The objective is to evenly heat the oil in the 320-420 deg F range, depending on what fractions and effects you prefer. The alerting effects are in the under 400 deg fractions. Running over 450 deg gives an entirely different effect.

With a V2.5 the temp is all over the map. It's like cooking directly on an electric range's "spiral". It's difficult to get TC under control that way. I've never gotten good micro-dosing with a V2.5 type heater unless I use a tiny ceramic insert cup and put the oil in there.

I would vote for just getting a V4 and practicing the TC method with some VG e-liquid. That way you get the skills without wasting expensive material. The heater rods are replaceable at low cost if you somehow completely blow it and destroy them. Then get to micro-dosing using 1/2 a BB or less of wax/oil with no losses. The V4 is the most economical and controllable rig I've ever found. You can get a couple of tasty hits out of literally a thin smear.

Last edited:

OF

Great advise OF btw what are your exact setting on your 2.5?
TCR, Watts, Ohms locked @ , AF ? Prefered temp range?
Your stuff really cool, Thx in advance

Thanks. I didn't invent it, of course, it's more of a 'group consensus' as we learned them when they came out. There was, as you might imagine, a lot of 'learning' about TCR at the same time.

My current settings (pun intended.....) are 12, maybe 12.5 Watts, m=245, 390F and whatever the real value of resistance is cold. The last is not really fixed, there is some differences unit to unit and often cleaning if you're not very careful cleaning it (pulse to a 'dull glow' carefully, hold a lower temperature for more seconds rather than pushing the heat higher which risks damage).

m values and temperature setting go together, in fact the two are multiplied in the mod and that product is used to set the target (not the raw temperature). Raising either will make it run hotter, lowering either will cool it down. We simply 'tweaked' m values so we got reasonable vapor production with the familiar 390F setting.

Expect to 'make temperature' and see current drop in a few seconds. Remember, don't be tempted to load more than a little bit at a time. If it gets too deep it can 'overflow' the cup and get lost below.

BTW, I think the iStick Power Nano makes an excellent mod for portable use. Tiny, with all the features you need to do a good job, and 'plenty cheap'.

Best wishes,

OF

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I would try the v3.5 for now, very good atomizer (I like the 10mm version, they also offer a 13mm), even easier to clean than the v3 (no screws except for the 2 electrical connections, just o-rings).

As long as you don't go crazy overloading the donut, and use the cotton swab and burn-off methods to clean it, you won't have to deep-clean it that often.
That is really easy as well: a soak in 90+% ISO alcohol (way cheaper than 200proof ethanol) does a great job (I use a toothbrush to scrub the donut a bit and to let the bristles go around and under the donut, I also stick the bristles through the holes in the ceramic cup from the underside), burn it off when you're done so there's no ISO left behind.
Squeaky clean and ready for business :)

I'd get comfortable with an atomizer like that one first. As you can see from the length of this thread, it's incredibly popular, for a reason :). It works great (great customer service/support).

OF

I would try the v3.5 for now, very good atomizer (I like the 10mm version, they also offer a 13mm), even easier to clean than the v3 (no screws except for the 2 electrical connections, just o-rings).

So you're suggesting the advice of old, for new guys to start with 2.5s and then 'graduate' to V3s to no longer be valid? Remember, the OP is 'brand new' to concentrates, not even 'vape pens' in his experience.

I'll stick with my 'old school' advice. Get in the swim in measured steps.......like we did? Not that V3 isn't a wonderful machine of course, just less appropriate for first timers using scarce/expensive concentrates for the first time.

Regards to all.

OF

OF,

Megaton

Lots of interesting advice here! That pin trick @OF was honestly a game changer! I was really struggling to load the wax into my vapes, and hours of googling helped me less than your casual remark!

Yus brand new to concentrates, not used a wax pen, but have plenty of TC/ mod/ rebuildable experience. Wouldnt be my first DT atty either as i have the dry herb Gen 2 too.

Found the combo packs of the v2.5 on the dt website. They seem like a good deal.

Megaton,

fernand

One great loading device of @OF's pin type that has stood the test of time for me is the "retractable craft pick" pin. It doesn't get lost, it doesn't prick the finger of the unwary, it transfers oils and waxes perfectly, and can even be worn as a talisman. Cleaning it by torching the tip, even red hot, has never damaged anything.

p0ec6ye.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/p0ec6ye.jpg

The image suggests that the pin is short. It is actually 1.5" long when extended, making it extremely useful for all sorts of tasks at the user's intoxication station, and beyond, making it one of the best $6 "investments" around.

https://www.amazon.com/Tonic-Studio...8738106&sr=8-1&keywords=retractable+hobby+pin

Last edited:

fernand

BTW, just got another fake ELeaf Pico on e-bay, this time a Dual. You can quickly test by trying to set the TC mode wattage limit. That menu (4 clicks) simply isn't there on the "generic" fakes., which makes them unusable for our purposes.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
BTW, just got another fake ELeaf Pico on e-bay, this time a Dual. You can quickly test by trying to set the TC mode wattage limit. That menu (4 clicks) simply isn't there on the "generic" fakes., which makes them unusable for our purposes.

After using this real Espion 200 from fasttech (2 yrs shopping never a fake) as long as you
buy the ones with "Authentic Joyetech ESPION 200W TC VW APV Box Mod" in title
Sometimes they do carry cheaper "clones" of same, but you know it & I buy "Authentic"
for a few dollars more usually. This is the most accurate mod I have, good as my DNA 75
but better with Red Panda & 8 atty slots perfectly set for best atty's.
QQ, Sai Ti/Bucket, DT Donuts 10 & 13 mm Triton ect took me 5 mins total
to flash Color version of AF. Selling ALL my mods to buy this 2 battery beauty
that is just about the same size as an Eviv Two mini. Great center pin ballance.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/9624258

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...hentic-eleaf-istick-pico-21700-100w-tc-vw-apv

PS( Thx I had a ball with cup & now using a quartz version in the Sai Taf
My own rig, cool I'll make a video if I come down anytime soon lol)

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
You might need more than one. I've lost one and I'm not sure where the other is...... Neat tool, and useful, but I can't seem to keep track of 'em. I've yet to loose the safety pin, I stick it to a magnet taped on the side of my (tea) cup holder. Always there, so far.

OF

Mine will be here tomorrow, what do I need to hook up a retractable pin?
Like to find one that heats up & drops off shatter in bowl.

tennisguru1,

OF

Mine will be here tomorrow, what do I need to hook up a retractable pin?
Like to find one that heats up & drops off shatter in bowl.

There's a link above for a popular pin (used by 'scrapbookers'). I use a largish safety pin, which is handy in that you can fold up and protect the tip. I've also got a SS 'toothpick' meant for bar use I like. No danger of poking a nasty hole in a finger.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DDZAF/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Truth be told, some guys close the door, draw the curtains, dim the lights and straighten out a paper clip..... I'm not big on that idea, those suckers are plated with stuff best not vaped? Stick with SS is my advice.

OF

fernand

@OF Depending on what level of neuro you're working with, there are simple remedies to losing the retractable.
  • If you have incipient Alzheimer's and tend to put stuff in the wrong places, like putting your .45 in the refrigerator, just put one in the refrigerator and it will always be there for you.

• If you have generalized dementia and just can never remember what it was and WHY you put WHAT where, just buy two gold-plated iPhone Xs and send yourself Tweets, like "la pin de ma tante is on the bureau de ma vape". Then when you can't find the iPhone, simply call yourself from the other one.

• If you are just mildly forgetful, use the tried and true gas station toilet method and handcuff it to a hubcap or - what is that stuff called? Erh. Ah! Duck tape it to a brick.

• If you're a pimp, clip it on your chain, or forego some income and keep a ho' around to hand it to you on demand.

• If you're into alternative healing, extend the pin fully and jab it into an acupuncture point on your arm or leg.

• If you're a bureaucrat, and post-it notes no longer work, Fedex it to yourself as soon as you're done using it. File the pink shipper copy under "pin" and always act surprised when the doorbell rings.

I just toss it into the side drawer of my intoxication station, next to the little screwdriver set and the Dremel tool.

Surf Monkey

After using this real Espion 200 from fasttech (2 yrs shopping never a fake) as long as you
buy the ones with "Authentic Joyetech ESPION 200W TC VW APV Box Mod" in title
Sometimes they do carry cheaper "clones" of same, but you know it & I buy "Authentic"
for a few dollars more usually. This is the most accurate mod I have, good as my DNA 75
but better with Red Panda & 8 atty slots perfectly set for best atty's.
QQ, Sai Ti/Bucket, DT Donuts 10 & 13 mm Triton ect took me 5 mins total
to flash Color version of AF. Selling ALL my mods to buy this 2 battery beauty
that is just about the same size as an Eviv Two mini. Great center pin ballance.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/9624258

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...hentic-eleaf-istick-pico-21700-100w-tc-vw-apv

PS( Thx I had a ball with cup & now using a quartz version in the Sai Taf
My own rig, cool I'll make a video if I come down anytime soon lol)

Just supporting what you said. The eLeaf Pico is by far and away the most accurate mod in my collection... and I’ve been using e-cig mods for a decade now. I bought two of them, directly from the eLeaf site, because they’re already a steal at the full retail price.

If you (reader) don’t have one of these, get one. In temp control mode you can’t find better without spending at least three times as much.

Surf Monkey,
Reactions: jpdnkstr
Top Bottom