Divine Tribe atty's

JCat

Accessory Maker
I've been thinking about what makes the QQ so great to me in comparison with other atomizers, such as the DTv3, and what it really comes down to is the cleanable bucket and the directional airflow with the top. Being able to clean out your bucket after each dab is critical if your concentrate has any waxes etc in it otherwise after 1-2 hits, it's going to taste horrible and you'll be burning all kinds of crap. Same with my enail ... I wipe it down after each dab with a q-tip. This keeps things tasty! (not as tasty as a cotton with the Supreme v3 mind you, but pretty good!)

Some of the discussions over the last couple pages center a lot on the inability to keep the quartz crucible at a stable temp (to get it to temp, it requires settings that will cause it's temp to continue to climb so you have to manage it by "feel" ... ie. not real temp control)

What if the cup was instead a ceramic cup? Like the donut atomizers but as opposed to a donut a little cup, and in combination with said little cup, you use a mouthpiece like that of the QQ ... this would then allow no concentrate to escape out the bottom and would allow easy cleaning after each hit, while having the temp stability of the donuts ... maybe? ... just a thought ... although I can't imagine someone hasn't already thought of this ...

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
I'm sure there's others who share my opinion of 1) would have been better if the bad screws were caught before this "pilot" run and
2) it would have been nice if the materials (paint) being used in the green mouthpiece were caught before they were produced.

I guess this is why I'm a touch leery of things being made in China without strict supervision and being sold here. Its like post quality control.
I want tech fast, but my health will trump that any day of the week.

Matt of divine tribe (I'll use this new word the government probably coined which I hate but it works here) is transparent and easily reached. Very nice guy. And I'm still glad I ordered one of the early thousand lot and I am confident it is "safe" , just caught my attention this AM with the painted mouthpiece he didnt know about before they were in our hands. Again it's the distance where the factory is and what they're doing when they're not being supervised which concerns me not only with Divine tribe but with all of the products that are made in other countries who follow different health and safety guidelines.

graydeh1

Company Rep
I've been thinking about what makes the QQ so great to me in comparison with other atomizers, such as the DTv3, and what it really comes down to is the cleanable bucket and the directional airflow with the top. Being able to clean out your bucket after each dab is critical if your concentrate has any waxes etc in it otherwise after 1-2 hits, it's going to taste horrible and you'll be burning all kinds of crap. Same with my enail ... I wipe it down after each dab with a q-tip. This keeps things tasty! (not as tasty as a cotton with the Supreme v3 mind you, but pretty good!)

Some of the discussions over the last couple pages center a lot on the inability to keep the quartz crucible at a stable temp (to get it to temp, it requires settings that will cause it's temp to continue to climb so you have to manage it by "feel" ... ie. not real temp control)

What if the cup was instead a ceramic cup? Like the donut atomizers but as opposed to a donut a little cup, and in combination with said little cup, you use a mouthpiece like that of the QQ ... this would then allow no concentrate to escape out the bottom and would allow easy cleaning after each hit, while having the temp stability of the donuts ... maybe? ... just a thought ... although I can't imagine someone hasn't already thought of this ...

Thanks for the like on my post you may not have fully agreed with Jcat your good people, I'm not an expert on this but with ceramic wiil it give a better taste possibly?

Sorry to mod for double post.

Last edited:
graydeh1,

2clicker

Observer

this came up a page or two back. i agree it would be ideal. sourcevapes currently has a reg alumina cup and SiC cup that heat from the bottom. but i know that SV isn’t exactly highly regarded, but they tried it. ive been considering giving one a shot, but id hate to find some materials in there i dont want.

i think @Vape Donkey 650 even said that Matt has been trying to make a cup that heats like a donut, but hasnt gotten it yet...?

2clicker,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
I agree with @graydeh1 to a certain degree here

I'm sure Matt from DT is great guy blah blah but it doesn't matter what you call it beta / pilot, if you pay hard cash i kind of expect a product that works. The re build was pretty fiddly, and frustrating to have to do so soon. And now i'm riddled with some connection issues which i'm sure i will work out.

My wife came home last night and i explained id been fixing my new atomiser she says "what the new ones broken already" i say "oh no theres a known fault so i had to replace some screws with this little screwdriver they sent me" she says "what they knew it was faulty but still sent it out with some spare screws and a screwdriver?" "yep" at which point she burst into hysterical laughter. And when i actually thought about it, she was right.

Put it this way i went out today and did i take my fancy new atomiser to test? No, i took the one that works every time.

Just to clarify when this thing works its GREAT but personally i don't think its right to sell a product that has known issues.

My 2 pence

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the like on my post you may not have fully agreed with Jcat your good people, I'm not an expert on this but with ceramic wiil it give a better taste possibly?

Sorry to mod for double post.
Thanks man. If we all agreed on everything wouldn't be much of a discussion! Just because I have an opinion, it doesn't make me right :)

JigMelon

In regard to the discussion of Matt doing better testing prior to sending out the pieces, I think Matt himself was a victim of this. The impression I got from his post was that the green glass was marketed to him as green glass, and not as painted glass. This is likely an issue further up and I don't think Matt is to blame.

In regard to the discussion of different materials, it's all about finding a manufacturer with the tools to make the cup to the necessary dimensions/tolerances. If a manufacturer doesn't already have the tools to do so with other materials, it would be cost-prohibitive to use another material.

Also my QQ is now my on-demand at-home dab of choice. If I'm home for the night I'll have my enail on, but taking a quick rip before work in the morning? QQ. For me the Sai is better for load-and-go, but the QQ definitely shines when using the cap like a carb cap. If there were a non-glass option for the mouthpiece, I may consider using it on the go.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist

It's always somethin'. But, as far as we know, safe, yes?

I would not have added it to the order if I had known. Although its nice to have things in hand as fast as we can, I think better beta testing on the actual first production run and qq are a must! I would rather wait than have to possibly reassemble and or use materials Im (we're) not wanting to use.
Matt seems like a standup guy, but this is worrysome.
All di best and cant wait for mine to land.

Matt IS a standup guy.

Last edited:
looney2nz,
Reactions: OF

JCat

Accessory Maker
But, as far as we know, safe, yes?
Yes, safe. (Matt just confirmed to me in an e-mail)

Edit: Just tried it by connecting to my VXL precision turbine hydratube using a small piece of silicone tubing and a 14-18mm adapter and WOW! It hit like a champ! I was able to control it superbly with the added ability to see the vapour and got one big monster hit that tasted just phenomenal!

1WmLiNV_d.jpg

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I see Cranberry in the back, but not in the front! I need an explanation!

Edit: After zooming in there seems to be some Cranberry in there :p
Yep. Just a really small amount of water in there so the colour from the cranberry goes after only a few sessions.

Great for flavour ... pain to have to clean so frequently (twice a day if it's all I use)

JCat,
Reactions: JigMelon

JCat

Accessory Maker
Should have bought some extra ceramic heaters with my purchase I guess ... overheated the quartz cup, so had some burnt on residue, disassembled to clean this morning but broke a wire off one of the heaters trying to re-assemble :(

I e-mailed Matt ... I wish I could get some faster, but I think I'm looking at another 2 week wait :(

JCat,
Reactions: graydeh1

JigMelon

Should have bought some extra ceramic heaters with my purchase I guess ... overheated the quartz cup, so had some burnt on residue, disassembled to clean this morning but broke a wire off one of the heaters trying to re-assemble :(

I e-mailed Matt ... I wish I could get some faster, but I think I'm looking at another 2 week wait :(

If you have any resistance wire at your disposal you can make coils that fit in the cup's holes. It'll get the job done in the meantime, but will be more wasteful re: energy

JigMelon,

JCat

Accessory Maker
If you have any resistance wire at your disposal you can make coils that fit in the cup's holes. It'll get the job done in the meantime, but will be more wasteful re: energy
I don't really have anything in regards to this ... and I live in a the middle of nowhere so I'm pretty much out of luck! Any of you other Canadians out there happen to order some extra heaters?

I really like this device and am disappointed I won't get to keep playing with it for a while :(

On a bright note, did the quartz cup ever come clean!

2clicker

Observer
can someone advise the FC discount code for DT?

is it one code for a percent off or does each item have its own code?

thanks in advance!

2clicker,

divinetribe

We are trying our hardest to become Medical Grade
Manufacturer
Quartz quest first batch production upgrades So far on the list for upgrades to match second batch. I Will be sending out to everyone who ordered and got a atomizer with h s/n 0-1000. If you have not Just email matt@ineedhemp.com to get on the list and get email confirmation back

1. Bigger flat head screws with deeper slot on top

2. No hole at bottom of wire slot on post so the wire will clamp tight from screw also with right thread that will match with the screw thread perfectly.

3. New screwdriver to match with the new screws

4. New insulator to separate the positive post from two sides of the metal base.

5. The pin on the bottom would be 0.3mm longer

6. A set of rod coils

7. Polished finish on quartz cup is if current one is compromised whatsoever.

Basically you will get a whole bottom section minus the mouthpiece. I hope this will address the reliability issues. Longmada said they will have the new sample feb 6 i was told. I Will post pics and give a production time for replacements. . Spring holiday in china is one of the biggest holidays for that country and production for most companies shuts down from feb 10 to the 23rd. At the moment if you are having trouble with the atomizer please email me to work out some parts now or a refund if you don’t want to deal with all this. At this moment user friendliness is the goal. The quest is just the beginning of a new style of portable vaporizing. Other prototypes are in the works and if the quest doesn’t do it for you I have something right around the corner coming. you are more than welcome to email me for details. Matt@ineedhemp.com

Last edited:

JigMelon

Sounds like you've already addressed some of the things I mentioned; can't wait to try! I really do think the concept of having the coil go inside a separate thermal device (like if the DT donuts were cups) is going to take off. Looking forward to hearing about the next device you have.

JigMelon,
Reactions: JCat

graydeh1

Company Rep
Quartz quest first batch production upgrades So far on the list for upgrades to match second batch. I Will be sending out to everyone who ordered and got a atomizer with h s/n 0-1000. If you have not Just email matt@ineedhemp.com to get on the list and get email confirmation back

1. Bigger flat head screws with deeper slot on top

2. No hole at bottom of wire slot on post so the wire will clamp tight from screw also with right thread that will match with the screw thread perfectly.

3. New screwdriver to match with the new screws

4. New insulator to separate the positive post from two sides of the metal base.

5. The pin on the bottom would be 0.3mm longer

6. A set of rod coils

7. Polished finish on quartz cup is if current one is compromised whatsoever.

Basically you will get a whole bottom section minus the mouthpiece. I hope this will address the reliability issues. Longmada said they will have the new sample feb 6 i was told. I Will post pics and give a production time for replacements. . Spring holiday in china is one of the biggest holidays for that country and production for most companies shuts down from feb 10 to the 23rd. At the moment if you are having trouble with the atomizer please email me to work out some parts now or a refund if you don’t want to deal with all this. At this moment user friendliness is the goal. The quest is just the beginning of a new style of portable vaporizing. Other prototypes are in the works and if the quest doesn’t do it for you I have something right around the corner coming. you are more than welcome to email me for details. Matt@ineedhemp.com
Thanks Matt for giving us info and options, I know once these are ironed out this will be a very unique and special atty.

Im already on the list for new screws, Im assuming this is the same list and no need to re-email?

And for now, if we have a quest that does work (right ohms and wire contacts etc.) There are not really any health or safety concerns we should have using it right?

Last edited:

2clicker

Observer
can someone advise the FC discount code for DT?

is it one code for a percent off or does each item have its own code?

thanks in advance!

sorry for this folks. i FC on my phone and do not see the links in peoples sigs. all squared away.

2clicker,

divinetribe

We are trying our hardest to become Medical Grade
Manufacturer
Thanks Matt for giving us info and options, I know once these are ironed out this will be a very unique and special atty.

Im already on the list for new screws, Im assuming this is the same list and no need to re-email?

And for now, if we have a quest that does work (right ohms and wire contacts etc.) There are not really any health or safety concerns we should have using it right?
yes you are right the screws were just the beginning of the list of upgraded parts, everyone who has contacted me is on the list for everything i mentioned for upgraded parts. i believe the piece is safe and should not produce any type of fumes or gases.

huffmybrd

has anyone found any perfect settings for the QQ in TC yet? been using TCR 230 / 35watts / 500 degrees and have had some pretty good results so far (minus the hot bit of wax that popped and hit my lip lol). thinking a quicker warmup would be better) with my settings it takes 2 power cycles to reach temp)

JCat

Accessory Maker
has anyone found any perfect settings for the QQ in TC yet? been using TCR 230 / 35watts / 500 degrees and have had some pretty good results so far (minus the hot bit of wax that popped and hit my lip lol). thinking a quicker warmup would be better) with my settings it takes 2 power cycles to reach temp)
Waiting for replacement heaters since I broke mine :doh:

JCat,

mephisto

Glad the green glass top is rated safe for use, broke the clear top within a day. I have been using 25w, Ti mode, 430 and riding the wave gently with the power for a slow heat up. I adjusted the power wave to a gentle curve instead of the pulse. Almost like "scooping the mids" on an audio equalizer. Using a dual cell Tesla Wye, nice work on the QQ Matt! Look forward to more of your madness......

JCat

Accessory Maker
Ive been delaying taking mine all the way apart to clean it just because i dont want to risk breaking the coil wires lol. i shoulda gotten some extra coils when i ordered it but thats on me lol
I ordered 6 coils (3 pairs) so I should be good now! Plus it was my own stupidity when I did it the first time and for some reason decided to start to re-assemble it with the leads from the same heater connected to the same post :doh: (obviously that won't work!!!!!), and the result of this is that I manipulated the leads to much on the heaters which I believe is what led to the breakage :lol:

Whoops! I really felt stupid when I finished this ... I'm not a hardware guy but I do understand electronics and do some circuit design/builds for personal projects, so not a lack of understanding, simply a lack of paying attention and actually thinking about what I'm doing!!!!

JCat,
Reactions: 2clicker
Top Bottom